Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Have you been scammed by Accor promotions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you been scammed by Accor promotions?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum
I'd agree not a scam- Accor T&C's have generally been fairly clear that rooms paid with points aren't eligible for the various promotions.

I do recall the wording on that particular promotion that came from AccorPlus (as opposed to LeClub) being fairly clumsy. It took me quite a while to figure out how they arrived at the overall bonus points figure. A+ doesn't appear to have the best comms people working on things at times unfortunately - a while ago they sent out an email offering A+ members a discount at Mantra while they integrated the chain without mentioning the discount code one had to use on the Mantra website!

I have done two points burns in the past couple of weeks. One property the final invoice didn't mention points burn at all and just noted the $ amount as a credit at check-in as it would for any other pre-paid rate. The other, the final invoice referred to "Le Club Vouchers". Previously I've also had the words "Points Burn" appear on the invoice. It would seem there isn't necessarily consistent terminology at accor for this. Interestingly enough, the one that had it as a credit at check-in had the points post for the gap, the one that referred to vouchers has not had the points post for the gap amount -- off memory I don't think I've ever had points post for the gap amounts, even though they are eligible under the T&C's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.