Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Which countries or regions has AccorHotels forgotten?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Velocity, SQ KrisFlyer

AccorHotels vowed to open 1 hotel a day, an increase from 1 hotel every 33 hours at the moment.
Where do you most like to see AccorHotels? And where is the place where AccorHotels require a lot more presence than currently has?

Let me start with mine:

Totally unacceptable
Taiwan - 1 Novotel only in the entire country of 23 million people, and far away from the city centre.
Japan - 4 hotels only in Tokyo, 3 only in Osaka and none in Kobe. Not good enough.
Macau - 2 high end hotels only in a country where majority of its economy relies on tourism. What is the region's director thinking?

Unacceptable
Hong Kong - no Mercure, Sofitel, Banyan Tree, Fairmont, a lot sub-par than Singapore
Malaysia - majority of hotels are in KL only. Only 1 in Penang, 1 in Johor. NONE in Langkawi (The resort island), NONE in Ipoh. Really bad.

What are the other regions where AccorHotels have forgotten?

Perhaps we should let the new CEO know so we can establish new hotels there!
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:52 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Scandinavia has nothing and the Nordics have very few - none in Finland a small number in the Baltic States.

Given how mediocre hotels are in those countries (Radisson, Scandic & Clarion I'm looking at you!) it would be amazing to have even some Novotels & Mercures.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Nordic countries certainly, and Dublin (the ibis is in an abysmal location). Also Malta and Cyprus lack any Accor hotel. Batumi in Georgia has a property from almost every other chain / operator but Accor.

I would say the Baltics are appropriately covered for my needs - most cities outside of Riga and Tallinn in LV and EE are of minor importance and can be reached by a day's trip from the capitals.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines
Malaysia - majority of hotels are in KL only. Only 1 in Penang, 1 in Johor. NONE in Langkawi (The resort island), NONE in Ipoh. Really bad.

What are the other regions where AccorHotels have forgotten?

Perhaps we should let the new CEO know so we can establish new hotels there!
Let me share a bit for development in Malaysia,
1) Langkawi - there is a Angsana resort in pipeline
2) Kota Bharu - Kelantan, the Ibis Styles building is ready, i heard they are in the middle of getting permit or license. (reference: Company Background - Halaman Group )
3) Johor - the ibis styles near Legoland will soft open this June, and set to official open in September.
4) Ipoh, there is a pullman under construction, but the progress seems stopped for quite sometime, not sure if they already abandoned it?
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Not one hotel in Tel Aviv
Dover2Golf, craigc and Dav77 like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:51 am

[QUOTE=jiunsoh;31052344]Let me share a bit for development in Malaysia,
1) Langkawi - there is a Angsana resort in pipeline

Happy to hear that an Angsana is being built there. I wish they would build a Cassia too. I have never tried these brands but just hope that the more elusive brands become less elusive. I checked the Cassia website and apparently there are only two in the world .... Phiuket and Bintan. Phuket has Angsana too. I hope for new brands here, not only more of the same brands which are very welcome too.

By the way, no MGallery in Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia or Jakarta. Closest in Phuket, Bangkok, Yogyakarta so a little effort needed for lazy fliers like me. Will get there eventually.
jiunsoh likes this.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Apr 30, 2019 at 9:18 am
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
Scandinavia has nothing and the Nordics have very few - none in Finland a small number in the Baltic States.

Given how mediocre hotels are in those countries (Radisson, Scandic & Clarion I'm looking at you!) it would be amazing to have even some Novotels & Mercures.
Well, some Clarion are much better than the Mercure that existed a few years ago in Sweeden.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Another vote for Scandinavia. Europe is supposed to be a stronghold for Accor. Two Ibis in Stockholm and that's it? Finland? Norway? Denmark? Unacceptable.

Other than that, not much in the Caribbean. There are lots of islands ripe to make a loyalty program attractive with aspirational properties, yet it's slim pickings: a couple Fairmonts in Bermuda and one in Barbados. Other than that, there is a Pullman in Cayo Coco and one new hotel in the pipeline in Havana - Cuba won't make anybody rush to plan their luxury island vacation. With Accor's French roots you would think it would be an ideal fit for places such as Guadeloupe, Martinique, St.Barth, etc. Maybe I am missing something.
remymartin, hotel_user and Dav77 like this.

Last edited by escape4; Apr 30, 2019 at 11:44 am
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:38 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Nothing in the French Territory of New Caledonia!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines
Unacceptable
Hong Kong - no Mercure, Sofitel, Banyan Tree, Fairmont, a lot sub-par than Singapore
I would not consider personally the HKG situation as unacceptable with the nice Pullman and the mid-scale range hotels. For sure, there should be a Sofitel there but that doesn't mean the situation is currently unacceptable IMHO.

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Nothing in the French Territory of New Caledonia!
Indeed. There was an Ibis before in Nouméa Baie des citrons (I stayed in many years ago ) and there was a Sofitel announced in Nouméa which finally never materialized. Those days are long gone.

My own list would be :
- France : I am sure many of you are surprised to read this knowing the huge implantation of Accor in France, but we are missing some decent Sofitel and also some Pullman in the main French cities. Look at the South of France in the Menton/Nice/Antibes/Cannes/St Tropez area. This is a super wealthy region which receive a lot of business and tourists and what do we have? very few upscale brands apart an obscure Pullman in Cannes/Mandelieu and an overpriced Fairmont Monte Carlo. Nothing upscale in Nice (only Mercure, Novotels, Ibis, etc). This is hardly understandable.
- Scandinavia : already said by other posters. A big hole...
- USA : still very underserved, even after FRHI acquisition
- Japan : in progress since the Pullman in Tokyo, but a lot of room for growth
- Italy +++
- Spain (outside BCN)
- Ireland
- Greece
remymartin and tris06 like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:30 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Goldorak
- Greece
Damn, indeed I forgot to mention Greece in my previous post where I was talking about Caribbean. Accor needs some aspirational properties badly over there, Greece is the mecca of island vacation / retreat for Europe, and it's in their own backyard! Unacceptable.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
On a “small” piece of Adriatic coast in Italy, from Comacchio to Cattolica (120 km between 2 circles)

there are 3.445 hotel (> 150.000 rooms)

Accor have 2 Mercures (other chains have 0)

if we consider the whole Adriatic Coast up to south of Italy in Lecce ...just 3 properties more in Bari area. (One mercure in Pesaro have been closed last year) - all other chains have 1 😃

Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The middle market in North America. I was hoping Accor would be the one to pick up La Quinta since there would have been pretty much zero overlap with their current footprint. But instead it's Wyndham that's enhancing what often used to be a nice mid-level alternative to IHG/Hilton/Marriott limited service offerings and making changes we don't like.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QR
Nothing in Croatia either!
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:25 pm

The Philippines

Outside of Manila, which is getting better, there is only a Movenpick in Cebu (which is not part of the loyalty programme yet), the rest of country has nothing, including Boracay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.