Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Mgallery La Gare Milano Centrale no more Accor

Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum

just received this email from Accor, concerning some of my next reservations at this property

As of 30/04/2019, the hotel LaGare Milano Centrale - Mgallery by Sofitel will no longer be part of the AccorHotels group.

It “was” the best Accor option in Milan

i don’ Know why and if it will be replaced by other one
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Lagare Hotel Milano --> Out of Le Club ?

Hello guys,

I am a Plat member in Le Club Accor for several years and will probably reach Diamond status this year

I booked beginning of March 3 nights in LaGare Hotel Milano (M Gallery) for a trip starting in May 2nd.
Just received a mail this morning to inform me that starting from today, this hotel would not be part of Accor group (very nice to receive an email well in advance....)

As a consequence :
- No advantage linked to the status (welcome drink and so on...)
- No points to be credited
- Part of the trip was purchased with rewards points - they will be re-credited to my account and will have to compensate the difference by cash

When I look at their website, the hotel is still listed as Accor Group hotel even for a booking in several weeks.

I just contacted the customer service that did not know much; should get back to me with more info

I am very surprised by this poor communication and how they might force me not to pay with points any longer..
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
This is terrible and so unprofessional! A similar thing happened to me last year (not at such short notice, though) when Mercure Vienna Josefshof decided to leave Accor and I had a stay booked with them. I too had paid part of the rate with reward points, which they credited back to my account and made me pay instead. However, they were completely professional and gave me the room upgrade and welcome drinks and even managed to credit the status and reward points I would have received, through another Accor hotel in Vienna. So everything worked out well in the end. Maybe you should demand that the hotel shows you the same courtesy. Especially given that you're a Platinum member.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:13 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
The hotel is now the Hyatt Centric Milan Centrale.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
MGallery Lagare hotel Venezia leave Accor

Lagare hotel Venezia (Murano Island) which also was a MGallery hotel also will also leave Accor on the 1st of may.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
This is most unfortunate, and the handling described is awful. That said, the hotel has not been too great in terms of service, and that it was Accor's best option in Milan speaks volumes of the overall quality of hotels in Italy....

By the way, LaGare Venice also left Accor at the same time, leaving the uber-expensive and revoltingly overdecorated Papadopoli as the only Accor option in Venice proper.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
The new website is *almost* ready...

Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
That was definitely the best option in Milano and most of my stays in M Gallery worldwide have always been good

The one in Venezia (Murano) was great as well.

I don't really question that some hotels are leaving Accor Group, I guess that's part of "normal business" but the way this is handled towards the clients.
Receiving an email 2 days before the trip to explain me that my points will not be used, that I will not earn points... that's pretty awful

Let's see if I manage to get same benefits than EcotoneHR...
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nrouxel
Lagare hotel Venezia (Murano Island) which also was a MGallery hotel also will also leave Accor on the 1st of may.
of course ...same property ...

also this one is a very nice property, always at good rates.

Well done Accor !
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold
The hotel is now the Hyatt Centric Milan Centrale.
thanks for this information!

...even if I was hoping it would become any of Marriott brand ... 😃
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had an upcoming stay there this weekend and received the same email. I have a hard time believing they didn’t know this a few weeks ago when I booked the stay. I’ve canceled the booking and rebooked at the Hilton. For some reason I couldn’t access the reservation in my account. Had to call in and have it canceled. Still shows in my account but the agent did give me the cancellation code.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JTCz
This is most unfortunate, and the handling described is awful. That said, the hotel has not been too great in terms of service, and that it was Accor's best option in Milan speaks volumes of the overall quality of hotels in Italy....

By the way, LaGare Venice also left Accor at the same time, leaving the uber-expensive and revoltingly overdecorated Papadopoli as the only Accor option in Venice proper.
while i’m (sadly) agree with you about the overall quality of hotels in Italy ...even if Milan is full of very good and correctly priced indipendent hotels, compared with the rest of the country (probably the ones belonging at chains are the worst, in terms of quality and often overpriced, in Milan)

But i’m not agree about your feeling of service at La Gare in Milan

on my stays i’ve always received very good service and full recognition of Accor Plat benefits: always upgraded, always got welcome gift, welcome drink valid for cocktails at roof top bar and kind staff (the only one in Italy who have always welcome me with a “thanks for your loyalty”

Restaurant offers good quality food at reasonable prices and the roof top bar is amazing

is not unusual to get rates at 140/160 euro x night, that is absolutely not high at that area in Milan for this kind of hotels.

I will stay again to see if Hyatt management will improve again this property
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is really bad
I would hate to learn just before a stay that the hotel is leaving Accor.
And less hotels in Italy which was already underserved.
Did those 2 hotels belong to the same owner ?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is really bad
I would hate to learn just before a stay that the hotel is leaving Accor.
And less hotels in Italy which was already underserved.
Did those 2 hotels belong to the same owner ?
yes they do.

And now, as told about one in Milan, they are both Hyatt centric. They are updating websites right now

very good deal for Hyatt, that is practically absent in Italy, except with a luxury property in Milan and some SLH who joined same program
Old May 1, 2019, 3:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
This is bad news. Though fortunately my plan to travel Italy and to stay at MGallery in each city is far in December so there is time to re-plan, but where to stay in Milan under Accor then?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.