Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Mgallery La Gare Milano Centrale no more Accor

Mgallery La Gare Milano Centrale no more Accor

Old May 1, 2019, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Juntima
This is bad news. Though fortunately my plan to travel Italy and to stay at MGallery in each city is far in December so there is time to re-plan, but where to stay in Milan under Accor then?
the best one for turistic location is now Mercure Milano Centro, even if the hotel doesn’t value for money (my opinion), too old style and basic. Mercure Solari is better on that, even if not on a very nice area

the best one as property is Novotel Linate, new “Novotel style”, but unfortunately is far from city center. It’s a business hotel.

what a lost the Mgallery!
Old May 2, 2019, 1:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by Dav77

the best one for turistic location is now Mercure Milano Centro, even if the hotel doesn’t value for money (my opinion), too old style and basic. Mercure Solari is better on that, even if not on a very nice area

the best one as property is Novotel Linate, new “Novotel style”, but unfortunately is far from city center. It’s a business hotel.

what a lost the Mgallery!
Thanks a lot for suggestion, I guess that will have to do
I have planned to stay for New Year count down too, bugger
Maybe I will go for Hilton which is in the same area, at least it's free breakfast from Gold status, but from reviews it is not very good hotel. Would there be hope a new hotel joining to replace this MGallery? What a lost
Old May 3, 2019, 5:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Ibis Milano Centrale is apparently quite OK, participants of a conference I attended stayed there. The hotel has "business class" rooms that are less bare-bones than the regular Ibis standard.

Do also consider staying in Bergamo or Brescia instead of Milan - better value for money, just an hour or less on the train and much nicer cities than Milan, which is one of Italy's least charming cities.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by JTCz
Ibis Milano Centrale is apparently quite OK, participants of a conference I attended stayed there. The hotel has "business class" rooms that are less bare-bones than the regular Ibis standard.

Do also consider staying in Bergamo or Brescia instead of Milan - better value for money, just an hour or less on the train and much nicer cities than Milan, which is one of Italy's least charming cities.
i would have agreed with you until 5-6 years ago. I spend time in Milan since I was born, even if never lived there.

Now, even if Milan have “different” (not without) charme than other historical Italian cities, on my opinion, is something to don’t miss.

The whole city center in north east area, around Brera and not only, have been changed. Even outside and some suburban area have been improved a lot.

I think now Milan deserve absolutely a 2 days stop, for all that travel across Italy. Especially if staying at an hotel located in that district

Bergamo (more), Brescia, Verona (over all) are wonderful cities to visit and spend time, of course.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.