Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

LCAH New Partnership: Hertz status match + Hertz points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:37 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

LCAH seems to have moved away from the exclusive tie up with Europcar and now has a new agreement with Hertz. It includes matching to the various tiers of the Hertz program according to your status and 900 bonus Hertz points upon signup.

This involves also free membership into the Hertz program according to your status. It hasdn't loaded into the English pages yet, but here is the link to the Accorhotels Brazil site:

http://www.accorhotels.com/pt-br/par...5-87-635.shtml

For Classic members: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/hertz...lassic_gpr.xml

For Gold members: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/hertz...25&PID=7304739

For Plat members: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/hertz...25&PID=7304739

* The Presidents Circle tier is not available in Asia –except in the following countries: China, Japan, Singapore and South Korea.
** Only individuals with an address in the following countries may participate: Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Portugal, Bermuda, Canada, Mexico, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Marianas, Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. John, St. Thomas, Anguilla, Aruba, Barbados, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherland Antilles, San Marino, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent/Grenadines, Trinidad &Tobago, Turks & Caicos, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Belize, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, El Salvador, Uruguay, Venezuela, Australia, New Zealand, Palau, China, Singapore, Japan and South Korea.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:52 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

DELETED - System now working ok.

Last edited by gilbertaue; Jul 6, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: QF WP
Ah, of course this would come just after I finished my latest Hertz rental.

Not sure how existing Hertz members can get the status match and/or bonus points?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

You can edit the CDP under your profile. But how they actually match is a big question mark. I signed up and card is still basic.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:01 am

I openend a new account as I had no points in the old one, so I guess based on the CDP number they will add the status.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iRobert
I openend a new account as I had no points in the old one, so I guess based on the CDP number they will add the status.
(which means anyone can sign up for President's Circle even if not a Plat (by just knowing the CDP Nr to key in).
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I'm always surprised that there isn't a better car rental loyalty program in Australia.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
(which means anyone can sign up for President's Circle even if not a Plat (by just knowing the CDP Nr to key in).
I was thinking the same to be honest, they should ask for a copy of the plat membership to my belief.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:49 am
Original Poster

So the Hertz twitter handle just sent me this DM upon query:

If you forward your rewards numbers for Accor as well as your Hertz Gold number and contact info we can look into making those changes for you. MF
A bit odd and long winded....
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
I tried to open an account, but I get a message saying my LCAH card number is not valid...

"Invalid Loyalty Program Code for loyaltyMembership No:1 [WS2116]"

Last edited by nrouxel; Jul 7, 2016 at 5:58 am
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nrouxel
I tried to open an account, but I get a message saying my LCAH card number is not valid...
They at least seem fast in fixing things.
This morning classic, silver, gold, Plat all had the same link. I messaged them and a moment later it was fixed.

Then the whole "why no link to Accor numbers" and it seems it now asks for that.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:30 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Then the whole "why no link to Accor numbers" and it seems it now asks for that.
I just added the Accor Platinum CDP number to my Hertz account online and was not asked for my Accor number.

Up to now I've used an AA CDP for Hertz status. That has stayed on my Hertz account for years, even though I only rent a car very rarely, and is enough to mean we don't have to wait at airports. It will be interesting to see how this LCAH 'partnership' pans out.

In any event: thanks for posting, gilbertaue.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:11 pm

For some reason I'm not able to add the number to my Hertz account. I currently have the Amex Plat (UK) number in and it won't let me edit or add anything.

I seem to get way better prices when I use the code from my employee discount scheme. Do you still get the President status if its in your profile but you use a different CDP code to book?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benjyyy
For some reason I'm not able to add the number to my Hertz account. I currently have the Amex Plat (UK) number in and it won't let me edit or add anything.

I seem to get way better prices when I use the code from my employee discount scheme. Do you still get the President status if its in your profile but you use a different CDP code to book?
My way of communication with Hertz has been through Twitter and they have been quite responsive.

I suggest sending them a note and requesting the change. It's odd that you can't change it online - in my case I have a little "rubbish bin" next to my CDP and I can either get rid of it, or also add more.

In your case what I would do is change the CDP to the Accor one, get the status and if necessary change/add your employee CDP - I would not think that the status would change - no harm trying right?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by benjyyy

I have the same problem with Amex Plat (GER). It won't let me save another CDP. For actual bookings I also use the corporate CDP. The Amex CDP just for the status. Five star status then also applies to the corporate booking. President's Circle should work the same way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.