Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > AccorHotels | Le Club AccorHotels
Reload this Page >

Fairmont SecurePay Website for Reservation Deposit?

Old Mar 12, 19, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status

Booking a reservation at one of the Fairmont Hawaii resorts where we've stayed many times before for later this year with an agent that I've used many times before. For the first time (and in the agent's experience, the first time), the hotel is requiring that we provide a credit card to the hotel via their "SecurePay" website to cover the deposit, rather than running it through the agency GDS.

It seems quite weird. Has anyone else run into this before? I've never seen it with any other hotel chain. Are they just trying to reduce GDS transaction costs?
Old Mar 13, 19, 4:00 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
Itís standard for Accor, no doubt costs would be lower than an intermediary payment gateway charges such as a GDS, and ironically when you get to the hotel, they will ask for a credit card because they donít have the details on file, no doubt a PCI compliance requirement.
Old Mar 13, 19, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
If the booking was made via the GDS, an accredited TA, the Fairmont call center or similar, that seems utterly ridiculous.

I've only seen this when making a booking directly via a sales manager, or more commonly, when someone was paying for another person's stay.

Search this Thread