2019 Status Points, how's it going?

Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Newly minted platinum a couple of weeks ago. I think it's unlikely that I'll make it to diamond. Now time to see if the experience is materially better as a platinum than as a gold.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by greg99
Newly minted platinum a couple of weeks ago. I think it's unlikely that I'll make it to diamond. Now time to see if the experience is materially better as a platinum than as a gold.
If you travel to Asia where a lot of hotels have a lounge, that makes a nice difference.
SullyofDoha, sycokid and Dav77 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Just hit 30 nights. Have another 10 already booked between now and August 5th. Slowly, but surely! Will probably make Platinum but no interest in Diamond at this stage.
Firsttime4me2 and Dav77 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum

Still wondering whether to shoot for Diamond. Got extra 2 status nights from the new Flying Blue+Accor scheme, not sure how it works, since I didn't fly SkyTeam recently
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
best way to approach points t tend of year booming

I have a question about a stay at the end of the year in Phuket.

3 rooms booked, 2 on one booking for 5 nights (18,4061 THB), another on separate booking for 6 nights (10,2646THB)

I am Gold and this would certainly more than take me to Plat if I haven't yet reached it before.

We check out 1 Jan. All rooms already paid in full.

Is there any way I can ask to get x points credited for 2019 to get me up to Platinum, then have the rest for 2020? Or would I be better off anyway having them all apply for 1 Jan 2020 which should hopefully take me straight to Plat?

Would appreciate any tips

thanks

Last edited by morepointsplease; Jul 21, 2019 at 11:02 am Reason: Never mind - won't let me edit typos in heading!
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:16 am

checkout date is important
possible check out 1 jan 2020 points are for 2020
good question for Amy .
greetings kees
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:55 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
I had a stay checked out on 1 Jan 2019 and points counted for 2019, so that must be how it works.
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:20 pm

Thank you to the experienced Accor people who explained this Accor rule. This is extremely useful information for an Accor newcomer like me. I had no idea about this. This means, for example, that people who have already reached their 2019 Points target can check into an Accor hotel anytime in December 2019 and provided that they check out anytime in January 2020 the Points for that Stay will be credited to their new 2020 Points total which reverts to zero on 1st January. I think I will take advantage of this rule,

(Of course the opposite is true for people who are rushing to reach their Points target by the end of 2019 so it is very important that this rule is applied consistently one way or the other.)

Last year with Accor and my previous main chain I was only counting nights for Status, points were only important for rewards. But everything has changed with this new spending based Diamond Status.

Actually, I still wish that Accor had allowed a dual pathway to Diamond . . . either Points or Nights . . . setting a number of nights which was profitable to them. But that ship seems to have sailed so Status Points have suddenly become far more important.

On a related note, I have suddenly become far more aware of those hotels which operate their own spas, laundries and transportation and therefore provide Status Points for this sort of incidental spending.

This is by no means my first consideration when choosing a hotel but it has now become one consideration when more than one option is available. As much as possible, I will avoid those hotels where all three incidental spending opportunities (spa, laundry, transportation) are third party. Recently I have found hotels where two or even three of these categories have been eligible so if other variables are positive then I will favour these hotels for repeat visits.

I understand the business reasons for using third parties but I hope that Accor will encourage its hotels to provide more incidental spending opportunities now that they are introducing a spending based highest tier.

(Completely unrelated point: recently noticing a move away from plastic water bottles to glass water bottles, and am now staying in a hotel which two months ago began a new policy of recycling its damaged sheets and duvets into laundry bags. Planet21 initiatives.)
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
I have a question about a stay at the end of the year in Phuket.

3 rooms booked, 2 on one booking for 5 nights (18,4061 THB), another on separate booking for 6 nights (10,2646THB)

I am Gold and this would certainly more than take me to Plat if I haven't yet reached it before.

We check out 1 Jan. All rooms already paid in full.

Is there any way I can ask to get x points credited for 2019 to get me up to Platinum, then have the rest for 2020? Or would I be better off anyway having them all apply for 1 Jan 2020 which should hopefully take me straight to Plat?

Would appreciate any tips

thanks
If you check out on 1st JAN 2020, the points will count for 2020 (this is clearly precised in the T&C and I have also experienced it myself almost every year). You can ask the hotel, but I believe you will have to check out on 31/12 and re-check in for the last night and so it means splitting your booking. I don't know if this is possible if the booking is pre-paid. But no risk to ask.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:31 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
This week I've completed our travel planning for the remainder of 2019 and am set to finish the calendar year with 60 Accor nights and -- subject to currency fluctuations -- just over 22,000 points.

Those plans are unlikely to change unless there's a family emergency or Accor announces something that gives us a real incentive to reach 26,000 points. So far, we're not impressed by what's been announced about Diamond status.
tris06 and Firsttime4me2 like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:50 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Am sad to say that I might not even hit Gold status this year as my trips with Accor this year has been drastically reduced since 2 years ago. Being Platinum, currently Gold and the horror of hitting SIlver is daunting. But will see how 2020 goes for me. Perhaps I might be able to qualify for Gold next year if I stay more regularly in Accor. Nonetheless, I look at it positively and can firmly say, I get to experience all Status levels within Accor. Never ever will I hit classic though
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Am sad to say that I might not even hit Gold status this year as my trips with Accor this year has been drastically reduced since 2 years ago. Being Platinum, currently Gold and the horror of hitting SIlver is daunting. But will see how 2020 goes for me. Perhaps I might be able to qualify for Gold next year if I stay more regularly in Accor. Nonetheless, I look at it positively and can firmly say, I get to experience all Status levels within Accor. Never ever will I hit classic though
dont worry, on 80% of my Accor stays, in Italy, I cant see any difference in being Platinum or Silver 😁
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
this is truly horrible Cocoleolol. You need to work on a rescue plan to at least renew Gold. This is your Accor FT challenge
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:28 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak
this is truly horrible Cocoleolol. You need to work on a rescue plan to at least renew Gold. This is your Accor FT challenge
I'm willing to start a petition for cocoleolol if the need arises.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Im on a quite dangerous situation as well ... 😃

Actually 31 nights and 10.856 points. Less than half than last year at same period.

no paying stays until the end of August.

Hope to re qualifying for Plat by points ...if there will be any interesting point promotion from Sept to Dec, if not , I hope at least I will get a nice woman ambassador at Marriott 😁

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.