Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Status Points, how's it going?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
20140 Status Points 76 Nights in three months to March 31.

Will get Diamond this year, has anyone here obtained this new level yet?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:48 am
Suspended

20 nights / 15K
Without more details I am really not sure if I want to go for Diamonds or not
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
20140 Status Points 76 Nights in three months to March 31.

Will get Diamond this year, has anyone here obtained this new level yet?
Nope, and I won't. My Accor stays for 2019 are complete, with 25 nights and just over 18,000 status points.

I have 4 vacations already booked for 2020 (2 at Tremblant and 2 at Lake Louise) for a total of 34 nights, which will total between 37k and 38k points, depending on the EUR/CAD exchange rate. I suppose, by accident, I'll get to find out what the Diamond benefits are like then. But, I see no reason to actually plan for it, when we still don't know what the benefits are.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:19 am

2270 punten
5 nights
12 nights are on their way coming weeks
kees
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:36 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

(To Plat.. on points )
gilbertaue, Goldorak and tris06 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold

(To Plat.. on points )
Nice one..

My account says 2051 status points/4 nights...
We checked out of Zhuhai pheonix bay Angsana over 48hrs ago still nothing credited. My guess is they still didn't realise we get points for staying at their hotel. If that goes in then I should be around 3350 status points for 7 nights.

Hotel review will be posted sometime next week, too busy this week to write it up currently.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tris06
Hotel review will be posted sometime next week, too busy this week to write it up currently.
My turn to say this is truly unacceptable. Paging @starflyergold for enforcement actions
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:48 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Nice one..

We checked out of Zhuhai pheonix bay Angsana over 48hrs ago still nothing credited. My guess is they still didn't realise we get points for staying at their hotel. If that goes in then I should be around 3350 status points for 7 nights.

In my experience, Angsana and Banyan Tree properties have taken an extra couple of days to post points and nights, compared to traditional Accor brands.
tris06 and Kobetraveller like this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:03 am

Nice one..

The new Banyan Tree properties are all a bit confused. I just checked out of the Banyan Tree Yangshuo, and none of them had any idea about what to do, or even how to enter my Accor number when I made the reservation. They sorted it out by the time I arrived, but it took a few weeks.

I'm new to Accor, actually signed up specifically because of the Banyan Tree stay so...
Status 2422/4 nights

Last edited by baroqen; Apr 11, 2019 at 2:34 am
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:32 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
3117 points / 37 nights on track to requalify for PLAT next year
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:25 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by baroqen
The new Banyan Tree properties are all a bit confused. I just checked out of the Banyan Tree Yangshuo, and none of them had any idea about what to do, or even how to enter my Accor number when I made the reservation. They sorted it out by the time I arrived, but it took a few weeks.

I'm not to Accor, actually signed up specifically because of the Banyan Tree stay so...
Status 2422/4 nights
Yes I think it is a case of forgetting by the hotel. It didn't help also that my wife completed the check out procedure which she of course did not remind them about the points.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Yes I think it is a case of forgetting by the hotel. It didn't help also that my wife completed the check out procedure which she of course did not remind them about the points.
I can't say I've ever thought to remind a hotel to post my points upon checkout. You say that like you're almost feeling partially responsible for the failure of the hotel! What's truly sad, is that the Accor system and processes are so poor, that guests have resorted to developing a habit of having to remind a hotel to do this. It's a good thing Accor is only operating hotels and not hospitals.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
975 Status Points
6 Nights

10 nights booked for upcoming months. 4 nights still to book.

The other 10 nights to get Gold..... making plans for holiday
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I can't say I've ever thought to remind a hotel to post my points upon checkout. You say that like you're almost feeling partially responsible for the failure of the hotel! What's truly sad, is that the Accor system and processes are so poor, that guests have resorted to developing a habit of having to remind a hotel to do this. It's a good thing Accor is only operating hotels and not hospitals.
The Banyan Tree brands are not fully owned by Accor and so they are not directly managed by Accor. So I expect they may not have been trained properly about what to do for Accor. They seemed surprised for example that the welcome drink is not the welcome Amenity listed benefits. I had to explain to them why even list it as a benefit if you already have welcome drinks on the list of benefits for silver members and above.

I think it can't be fully blamed on Accor for this as it is a bonus (and very recent one) that we can use the Banyan tree brands to earn points, get benefits at the same time they are only a very small minority investor with teams of hotel staff not hired and employed by Accor. Now I can say it is a little bit dissapointing but you know I may be one of the first few Accor plat members that stayed at this hotel. If it happened a year later I would be more annoyed as they should have more experience by then.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
19 nights / 6823 points.

Even if at half of last year nights at same period ...I could confirm Plat membership with points and get also Titanium with Marriott

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.