Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
When you do not receive a suite upgrade in Sofitels, what is your estimate of how often it's because suites are not available versus how often it's because the hotel does not have a policy of upgrading Plats to suites?
i would say ...a suite was always available, but they decided to don’t give me suite upgrade.
hotel_user and kaizen7 like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:35 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Dav77
i would say ...a suite was always available, but they decided to don’t give me suite upgrade.
Oh I see, the "bad" kind of no-upgrade
kaizen7 and Dav77 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I believe Accor only promised "next category upgrade"

The only time I got a Suite Upgrade would be staying at Fairmont Jakarta.
Booked Gold Room ... received a Gold Suite.

And from the rest of the stays, around 9 stays, I got room upgrade on 3 of them. The rest I just got the room I booked.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7
I believe Accor only promised "next category upgrade"

The only time I got a Suite Upgrade would be staying at Fairmont Jakarta.
Booked Gold Room ... received a Gold Suite.

And from the rest of the stays, around 9 stays, I got room upgrade on 3 of them. The rest I just got the room I booked.
And this is why even in Asia, it is incorrect to say "Accor is second to none". Accor is less uncompetitive in Asia due to lounge access and free breakfast, but due to room upgrades that are still less generous than many other chains, there is still room for improvement.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Some Asian hotels are those stingy type.

I guess the issue is enforcement (or the lack of it) from the loyalty team.
The generous hotel will continue giving out meaningful upgrades for the elites, however those stingy one can claim they are full and members complaints goes to deaf ears.

One cat upgrade is actually quite good if it was implemented properly and consistently.
Upgrading member standard room to standard room at club floor without club access is quite pathetic.

I did join Global Hotels Alliance Discovery program, and even though their footprint was very small, I can say that they are the most consistent loyalty program I got.
As platinum (their mid tier member) I entitled for 1 category upgrade and I got that on all my stays with them (got 2 cat upgrades once at Capitol Kempinski Singapore due to next cat room is fully booked)
So far I have stayed around 10 times.

Even my main Loyalty Program (Marriott Bonvoy as Ambassador tier) failed to give that kind of consistency. I keep using these just because their footprints and their aspirational properties.
15 stays, 10 upgrades (2 suite upgrades, 1 upgrade to hotels highest room category, and 7 one cat upgrades), 5 non upgrades however, 3 of these no upgrades are caused by I book specialty suites already.

Both suite upgrades are courtesy of a Courtyard!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
And this is why even in Asia, it is incorrect to say "Accor is second to none". Accor is less uncompetitive in Asia due to lounge access and free breakfast, but due to room upgrades that are still less generous than many other chains, there is still room for improvement.
Comparisons between different Loyalty Programmes are interesting and helpful.

But they are easier to follow when comparing like with like.

First hand experiences with Accor Gold (30 nights/x Points which I have forgotten) should be compared with first hand experiences with upgrades at the equivalent status in “many other programmes” and the various types of variables which can impact a hotel’s willingness or ability to reward Loyalty.

Through first hand experiences we can learn to direct our Stays to certain hotels while avoiding others. Certainly I wish that there was more uniformity.

At the Accor Platinum level I can easily say that based on my tiny 18 months experience in just 5 Southeast Asian countries that upgrades more than one category are not uncommon at all although certainly not guaranteed.

So far I still don’t see much difference between Starwood Ambassador treatment and what is happening now that I have the 26,000 Status Points .... depends a lot on individual hotel management/Loyalty culture and other variables ... long/short stay, country, regular/first time guest, record of incidental spending, high/low season, original category booked, luxury/premium or whatever brand, hotel architecture with regard to number of Suites (few or many).

I stopped staying with Marriott at end of March so although still Ambassador have no first hand experiences of improvements in that programme.

Also have a tiny amount of current experience as Hilton Diamond in the same region which seems to equate with Accor Platinum and maybe Marriott Titanium and don’t see much difference between those levels. Hilton will never be my main programme simply due to lack of properties where I travel. Same with Hyatt although I am very tempted by Hyatt due to lots of good reports.

I’m doing a 25 night long stay Novotel Stay at the moment. I did not get a Suite but got a big room on their quiet highest floor with a Staircase to their Premier Lounge one floor below. But what I notice most on recent Stays is that I am meeting the highest ranked management staff member on duty on almost a daily basis and they are doing what they can within brand standards to make my Stay a happy one. I really appreciate this kind of personalised loyalty service. Suites are wonderful when I get them but I am a solo traveler so not hugely necessary.

My next 20 night long stay is at is at a Grand Mercure which I have never been to before. They have blocked a Suite for me and are providing complimentary airport transfer to the hotel. Again, this basically mirrors my Starwood experiences .... wonderful or average depending on the hotel and other things.

i don’t want to get into a debate with anyone about what is the best Loyalty Programme and appreciate hearing different perspectives.

I can only only tell you what I have/am experiencing. And certainly I have had some disappointments in some hotels so I definitely hope for more stringent auditing.

One way to do this is to ensure that hotels do not know in advance what precise date the mystery guest brand auditor is going to check in. I am going to stay very vague with regard to that statement.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
Comparisons between different Loyalty Programmes are interesting and helpful.

i don’t want to get into a debate with anyone about what is the best Loyalty Programme and appreciate hearing different perspectives.

Thanks for the feedback, good to hear about your success recently. Indeed what might be the "best" loyalty program might be true for Mr XYZ because of his own stay pattern, level of luxury of hotels booked, desire for lounge vs breakfast vs suites, etc. But the "best" loyalty program might be another one for Mr ABC for different reasons. And both could be right.

The most valuable is to hear of how others are treated as Plat and Diamond and see how that can relate to our own situation.

So far in 2019 my suite upgrades as Marriott AMB are stellar, much much better than in 2018 and prior: 21 out of 23 stays, if I exclude the stays where the hotel was full, stays where I already booked the highest level room, or hotels which don't even have suites (Aloft). So only 2 out of 23 denied me a suite when there was one available, and one of them there was a mitigating factor because I booked two rooms and asked for connecting rooms. I believe this is because in the past as Starwood Plat, I was missing out on some suites because Plat50 and Plat75 got them ahead of me as Plat100 since there was no differentiation. Right now I suspect the Plats and Titaniums have fewer upgrades than before, at the benefit of the Ambassadors.

I am quite pleased with 90%+ success rate which is why if I read of a hotel chain where I will get 50%, breakfast 2/7 days, lounge access yes but few properties with a lounge, etc. then for my situation it does not work. But in different circumstances it might easily be the best program for me, for example if travelling a lot in mid size cities in some parts of Europe. ^
jiunsoh, Kobetraveller and Dav77 like this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:37 am

21 out of 23 for suite upgrade are very good result.
I was nowhere near that number.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
No one else had this email yet? I can't see why I got it so early. Others here spend far more than I do. Maybe because I didn't stay at an Ibis in over 5 years? My wife forbids us staying in an Ibis since her work booked her at an Ibis in Beijing. I tease her often by suggesting we stay at one to bring back good memories.
Your wife is a wise woman!!
gilbertaue and hotel_user like this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: LeClubAccor
That must've been issue with Chinese Ibis. My wife and me often book ibis in Europe, it is usually a great value for weekend trips and stays. I always find them clean, comfortable, good breakfast, standardised. That's why I chose Accor as the loyalty program, they have budget and mid range properties too, and quite a lot of them.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Todbringer
That must've been issue with Chinese Ibis. My wife and me often book ibis in Europe, it is usually a great value for weekend trips and stays. I always find them clean, comfortable, good breakfast, standardised. That's why I chose Accor as the loyalty program, they have budget and mid range properties too, and quite a lot of them.
ibis style are often even better than mercure and Novotel in Italy and France.

The “problem” with this brand is 1/4 points than Accor standard
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:07 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by Todbringer
I can confirm from my personal experiences that Ibis hotels in China are quite a bit below (at least) those in Australia. I did have a nice stay in an Ibis Styles in Quanzhou though, so not all is terrible. Research is the key with Ibis hotels in China - I would recommend using the Dianping app and looking at traveler photos. You'll need to know the hotel name in Chinese to search on there, however.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Eurobonus Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
I have zero knowledge of what is going on with this teaser email that one person here has received. Likewise I have zero knowledge of what is going to be announced.

My recent experiences however have been very good starting late May. So I am optimistic overall but still depending on well managed hotels with a strong Loyalty focus as well as other variables ... Stay history with hotel, short or long stay, high or low season, type of brand, country, and probably other things I cannot think of at the moment.

In a nutshell since late May I have been in Accor hotels continuously and am very happy keeping in mind the variables above.

At this moment I have about 24,300 Status Points and may get to the target in another 10 days depending on quick posting of points and incidental spending getting me over the line.

I have noticed very welcoming and Loyalty focused attitudes at four hotels since late May. Checked into the fourth today.

In a nutshell:

1. Sofitel (Malaysia) ... Four nights, low season, good Stay history, belated special occasion ... lowest category room to Prestige Suite.

2. Mercure (Malaysia) .... 30 nights .... hotel usually fully booked ... reasonable Stay history ... lowest Category room to Executive room with one a la carte meal per day in addition to breakfast, daily mini bar soft drink refills if wanted, totally unexpected farewell gift of Mangosteen toiletries set and Mercure notebook and pen set. Don’t know anything about Mangosteen brand but bottles look nice.

3. Grand Mercure (Thailand) ... first Stay ... three nights ... lowest category room to Superior Suite with balcony and pool view with Welcome Amenity of French wine and fruit, cookies, orange juices, bed decorated with Diamond related message in petals with gift of large luggage tag. I don’t know anything about French wine brands ... good or bad.

4. Today checked into MGallery (Thailand) ... first Stay ... 2 nights ... low season ... lowest category room to Jacuzzi Suite with balcony and view but no actual privacy in jacuzzi, simple Welcome Amenity of cake type stuff and soft drinks

The upgrades are always welcome but it is the really helpful and proactive attitudes that I have noticed recently.

Still three more short stays after this. Of course may have completely different experiences coming up. Don’t know what to expect.

But anyway I am optimistic despite today’s email. Recent experiences mirror my Starwood Ambassador experiences .... a lot depends on the management and Loyalty culture of the particular hotel as well as other variables.

To be honest a lot also depends when you travel. With a school age child we can only realistically travel at peak times. I’m Accor Plat with 25k status points but found travelling in Malaysia and Thailand at Easter rather hit and miss with upgrades. YMMV!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:31 pm
MPC

Programs: CX DM, SPG PLT, Accor PLT, IHG PLT AMB, Hyatt DM, HH DM
​​​​​https://all.accor.com/article_all.ht...made-limitless

accor updated the website for the diamond benefit
I think I will not go for diamond given such benefit and will stick to platinum and shift my stay to Marriott
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:48 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by MPC
​​​​​https://all.accor.com/article_all.ht...made-limitless

accor updated the website for the diamond benefit
I think I will not go for diamond given such benefit and will stick to platinum and shift my stay to Marriott
I do not see any update, benefits still look as bad as before

By the way, I never quite understand the free weekend breakfast benefit. My stays usually cover both weekday and weekend, how am I supposed to book my stay to take advantage of this benefit? Says, if I booked with breakfast then the benefit is useless, but if I booked without, I would have to pay more for weekday breakfast at hotel instead of paying less at the time of booking?

​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.