Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Wow. That's pretty sad. Like really, really, really sad. One would think that if they were going to release a teaser with some of the new benefits, that they would at least be some good benefits. I was hoping for something substantive. Maybe confirmed suite upgrades. If there are really good benefits not yet announced, but all they bothered to mention in the advance e-mails is a stupid weekend breakfast, then the only thing that Accor accomplishes with the e-mails, is to generate the exact opposite reaction from what such communications are designed to invoke. If, however, a free weekend breakfast really is the best they've got in the new program, then it pretty much confirms what everybody here already knows, which is that Accor really just doesn't have the slightest clue. That will motivate exactly zero people around the world to try to reach Diamond. A poorly run organization, with no awareness of their competition, or the slightest clue of how to create a happy customer, or how to produce a quality product. They really need to get out more.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
If it was indeed an early email sent out to test the waters, you would think they would have a link or email address where I could reply.

I do think that world wide weekend breakfasts does go under what was expected. My guess is that many hotels feared losing quite a bit of money from business people staying on the weekdays not booking the breakfast included rate. Anyway some reason why the hotels pushed back at Accor to only limit it to weekend.

Gold membership for family member is okay.
Spa and dinning reward is interesting but depends on what exactly is offered.

Maybe more realistic for suite upgrades would be to add double the amount of suite nights you would usually get at 26k status points. So earning 26k status points in 2019 would currently net you 5 suite upgrade nights. So double that to 10 nights might be fair on reaching Diamond.

Add that on top of the current offer and you will be just about there. Only the world wide breakfast is the final sticking point.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
...sorry if I laugh... 😂😂😂😂😂😂

to give Gold Membership to someone...and free breakfast on weekend ...

i hope it’s a joke
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Maybe it would be nice to remember Accor that:

-Hilton offer free breakfast every day, starting from Gold memberships ( Hilton Gold Membership is offered for free to all the amex Platinum cardholders)

-Marriott offer free breakfast every day, starting from Platinum Membership at 50 nights ( Marriott Platinum Membership is reachable quite easily with their fast track...starting from the Gold membership offered for free to all the amex Platinum cardholders)

Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Got an email just now.

"From 26,000 Status points, Diamond status members maintain existing Platinum benefits while unlocking even more; from free breakfast on weekends worldwide, to Dining and Spa Rewards. In addition, these members can nominate a very special someone to receive Gold status and as an Accor Plus member, their very special someone will also receive a complimentary Accor Plus membership."

So it is a confirm, breakfast is only free on weekends. At first I was going to sacrifice Hilton Gold to reach Accor Diamond, now I will just stop staying at Accor once reach Platinum and book Hilton after that to keep my Hilton Gold. Or maybe I will just stop staying at Accor entirely. Seriously.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Wow. That's pretty sad. Like really, really, really sad. One would think that if they were going to release a teaser with some of the new benefits, that they would at least be some good benefits. I was hoping for something substantive. Maybe confirmed suite upgrades. If there are really good benefits not yet announced, but all they bothered to mention in the advance e-mails is a stupid weekend breakfast, then the only thing that Accor accomplishes with the e-mails, is to generate the exact opposite reaction from what such communications are designed to invoke. If, however, a free weekend breakfast really is the best they've got in the new program, then it pretty much confirms what everybody here already knows, which is that Accor really just doesn't have the slightest clue. That will motivate exactly zero people around the world to try to reach Diamond. A poorly run organization, with no awareness of their competition, or the slightest clue of how to create a happy customer, or how to produce a quality product. They really need to get out more.
Actually accor looks at the info they have and say "ours hotels are almost empty every weekend so lets fill them with ours most "precious" Platinum members , lets give them one free breakfast and we will fix the occupancy rate for the weekend"
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:45 pm

Those omnipresent comparisons with Hilton and Marriott elites....

My view seems a bit at odds with the majority opinion. To me, it seems effective prices at the other two chains are higher on average if I look at comparable brands (e.g., Hilton or Sheraton vs. Pullman or Swissotel).So yeah, Hilton gives me free breakfast but the Hilton rate without breakfast might be the same as the Pullman rate inclusive breakfast. My 2c.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Phew.
I am relieved. I can finally stop torturing myself to find a way to reach 26000 pts with some stupid mattress run.
I will confortably reach plat and basta.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Sadly, this confirms my suspicion that Accor management has no clue whatsoever what it is doing, or is doing its best to annoy and alienate its most loyal customers.

So let's see: Accor's new Diamond status has one of the highest spending requirements (with no ability to earn the status via stays/nights) and in turn offers what?

Breakfast:

I can just about see the conversation transpire:

"So what does the competition offer?"
"Most chains offer free breakfast for two in the main restaurant to their top elites."
"Hilton even offers the same to its mid-tier elites which is even included with dozens of different credit cards."
"Hyatt goes the extra mile and offers full breakfast for up to four guests, sometimes even via in-room dining."
"Nah, we're looking for something that sounds good, but offers minimal value."
"Well, we could only offer breakfast on two out of seven days."
"Now we're getting somewhere."

suite upgrades:

Five one-night suite upgrades in return for $$$$$ in spending is a complete joke. Now, if Accor offered these in addition to "guaranteed upgrade to the entry-level suite based on availability at time of check-in" that would be acceptable. Not industry-leading by any means, and not anything close to what Fairmont FPC used to offer. But for once Accor wouldn't be completely uncompetitive and would actually offer something of value.

gifting status:

The idea of "gifting status to a special someone" isn't bad. But while some properties treat Gold members well, there are virtually no guaranteed perks. Sure, it's better than a hole in the head, as they say. But I can't see how Gold status would excite anyone.

------------

I was hoping Accor would come up with some new, at least semi-reasonable benefits. But this announcement is nothing but a disappointment.
happygolucky_nomad and Dav77 like this.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jul 3, 2019 at 3:57 pm
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lingua101
But maybe this few of people here got invited such as gilbertaue and Goldorak, etc....
No one will be invited before end of the year. This invitation status does not exist yet.

About it, there is an interesting mention on ALL website :
NEW INVITATION-ONLY STATUS - Our top level of recognition and reward
In French :
NOUVEAU STATUT SECRET SUR INVITATION - Notre plus haut niveau de reconnaissance et de récompense.
The French text is more explicit. It has an additional word : "secret" and clearly, it will come with additional (secret) benefits. This is an interesting information, as one could have thought that it would be the same benefits as Platinum or Diamond but without qualification/requalification requirements as it is on-invitation at the entire discretion of Accor. Now it seems clear that there will be more benefits and reward possibilities.

For the rest (Diamond, etc), as for the previous announcements, I see that most of you are very negative and I am once again surprised how strongly negative you may are. I have to admit that some benefits are a bit weak, but let's try to see the positive sides and not only the wrong side and try to have a fair judgement and not forgetting the new earning (bar, restaurants) and reward options.:

Platinum
many were fearing a downgrade of existing benefits with the creation of diamond. This is not the case. All existing benefits are maintained and there is a new one : the 2 suite upgrades. OK, I am among the ones disappointed by the 1 night only for each upgrade. It should have been 2 IMO, but still better than nothing (and we can hope that the serious hotels will have a fair judgement not asking a member to change room in case of a 2-night stay for instance). Under the current program, if you earn more than 14K status points, you get nothing more as benefits. Now you have more suite upgrades every additional 4K status points. And if you continue to stay and earn more status points, you reach Diamond with additional benefits.

On reaching Platinum status, receive 2 Suite Night Upgrades. Booked in advance, guaranteed.
Earn a third Suite Night Upgrade at 18,000 Status points, and then an additional one every 4,000 Status points. Up to 12 a year.
Diamond
- Regarding the suites upgrade, I understand that when you reach Diamond at 26K, you will have earned 5 suite upgrades (2 at 14K + 1 at 18K + 1 at 22K and 1 at 26K). OK, still only 1 night each which is insufficient but still nice.
- Giving Gold status to someone is interesting when you often travel with some relatives who do not necessarily have a status.
- Free BF during weekends : this is where I join you guys, this is far below competition. Platinums have free BF in most to not say all competitor programs. In Accor, Plat have it only in APAC. So Diamonds only during WE outside APAC is far below expectations.
- Dining & spa coupons : interesting on the principle. Waiting to have more information.

There is no mention of deleting the "upon request/upon availability" which are plaguing most of the Gold/Plat benefits when staying in poorly managed hotels, to move to guaranteed benefits for Diamonds. Also, no mention of a dedicated concierge service. It may come later. I have the feeling that not all has been announced for Diamond (I could be plainly wrong on this of course) and that could make this new status a bit more sexy and more aligned with the very high spending requirements
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
For the rest (Diamond, etc), as for the previous announcements, I see that most of you are very negative and I am once again surprised how strongly negative you may are. I have to admit that some benefits are a bit weak, but let's try to see the positive sides and not only the wrong side and try to have a fair judgement and not forgetting the new earning (bar, restaurants) and reward options.:

There is no mention of deleting the "upon request/upon availability" which are plaguing most of the Gold/Plat benefits when staying in poorly managed hotels, to move to guaranteed benefits for Diamonds. Also, no mention of a dedicated concierge service. It may come later. I have the feeling that not all has been announced for Diamond (I could be plainly wrong on this of course) and that could make this new status a bit more sexy and more aligned with the very high spending requirements
You raise some fair points, and I don't necessarily disagree. But I think Accor - once again - completely dropped the ball.

Did I expect Accor to come up with an innovative, industry-leading program with consistent and meaningful benefits? Probably not.
Was I expecting Accor to build a strong footprint in the luxury market and potentially try to win back some of the many Fairmont loyalists? It would've been nice, but I wasn't counting on it.

But was it really unreasonable to expect Accor to come with a competitive program, especially after introducing a new status level that has among the highest spend requirements in the industry?

I'm aware of some of the problems related to contracts, hotel owners etc. - but this really shouldn't be rocket science: Look at what Accor's main problems are, look at what competitors offer and make some minor changes. E.g.

1) Changes to the loyalty program:

- 12p.m. early check-in based on availability and guaranteed 3/4p.m. late check-out for Platinum members
- guaranteed 12p.m. early check-in and guaranteed 4/5p.m. late check-out for Diamond members
- guaranteed upgrade to the entry-level suite (or highest room category, if unavailable) for Diamond (and possibly Platinum) members
- using Accor's new thresholds, make the suite upgrade certs valid for up to three nights each
- comp. full or buffet breakfast for two at all brands worldwide for Diamond members (and if offering comp. breakfast to Plats outside APAC is "too controversial", maybe offer a limited number of breakfast vouchers or a % discount or 2-for-1 breakfast vouchers, which may be mutually beneficial)

2) Ensure that the above benefits are consistently offered and introduce appropiate enforcement machanisms.

3) Have a dedicated Platinum/Diamond customer service desk that can be reached by e-mail and phone, and that is staffed by competent, educated, empowered staff.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:15 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Data point.

I received the email at 23:00 last night. I'm Accor+
So most A+ members should have received it.

I'd dare say that all other member will get it towards the end of today.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:48 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Data point.

I received the email at 23:00 last night. I'm Accor+
So most A+ members should have received it.

I'd dare say that all other member will get it towards the end of today.
i received mine at 20:32 gmt, standard plat member based in UK.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:24 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by nosedive
To me, it seems effective prices at the other two chains are higher on average if I look at comparable brands (e.g., Hilton or Sheraton vs. Pullman or Swissotel).So yeah, Hilton gives me free breakfast but the Hilton rate without breakfast might be the same as the Pullman rate inclusive breakfast. My 2c.
It is not an easy task to show which chain has higher rates on average and "on average" would not be very relevant anyway, should we mix in the average age of properties, average room size, etc. etc.?

In the past, if in one market Accor was competitive then I was booking there and have breakfast outside the hotel or pay for it in the hotel if it's any good; in other markets sometimes Hilton / Sheraton is cheaper AND you get free breakfast AND you get a nicer property overall. It varies too much from one city to another that I do not care much about "averages". With all due respect your statement is broad-brushed and unlikely to have high relevance, bottom line is people will make their decision considering the value of breakfast in mind for each city. The poor breakfast benefit at Accor will give an edge to other chains but I will never pick a hotel over another one just because of breakfast if one property is stellar and the other is falling apart and rates are the same at both hotels. However the poor breakfast benefit and the stingy upgrades for Diamond will drive my stay pattern such that I will not shoot for Diamond and Accor will lose some of my business especially if I need extra stays to achieve top tier at other chains, which I would not be willing to forego, unlike Accor.

Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
My recent experiences however have been very good starting late May.
I am happy for you, but unfortunately your sample size is small and way too local (two countries in SE Asia). This part of the world is where most hotel chains are the most generous for upgrades so this not convincing me of the value of Accor's upgrade program. I have had good success in Asia as well, but far more spotty elsewhere. With other chains too. If I hear on FT of several people with a great track record of suite upgrades in North America, South America, Europe then I will pay attention. Middle East and Asia, good to know, but it's on par with the competition, not better. If someone stays exclusively in Asia then Accor Platinum is great and you are not missing much relative to other programs. This is not where the problem is...
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by escape4

I am happy for you, but unfortunately your sample size is small and way too local (two countries in SE Asia). This part of the world is where most hotel chains are the most generous for upgrades so this not convincing me of the value of Accor's upgrade program. I have had good success in Asia as well, but far more spotty elsewhere. With other chains too. If I hear on FT of several people with a great track record of suite upgrades in North America, South America, Europe then I will pay attention. Middle East and Asia, good to know, but it's on par with the competition, not better. If someone stays exclusively in Asia then Accor Platinum is great and you are not missing much relative to other programs. This is not where the problem is...

It was never my intention to comment on areas outside of Southeast Asia as I never travel outside of Southeast Asia. I have mentioned that previously. I have no useful experience and have nothing to say about other regions. I specifically mentioned “country” as one of the variables which influence hotel’s Loyalty culture. I also have top tier in two other chains (one now in name only until expiration) and am aware of the issues you raise. I was simply noting my recent experiences and explicitly stated the two countries to avoid making blanket statements. I repeat that I don’t know what is going to happen with Accor Diamond. So far I am happy but I already have plans should the final announcement not be appealing to me, and should hotels I frequent suddenly become unappealing also. I am not trying to convince you or anyone else of anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.