Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Ditto.
I'm at Accor because of two reasons.
1) The support group here on FT plays a massive role. Many of us are friends on and off FT and share a passion of our love-hate Accor relationship.
​​​​​​- this I don't get in any other forum.
2) The friendships I have made with hotel and Accor management.
-Yes, this I may get out of other chains too. But being a French (means European) chain, I think I am more attracted to friendships with mostly European management rather than North American management.

So yes, call me weird, but this is what drives my dollar towards Diamond.
I know it won't be perfect. I know it will be lacking. But I have faith that by 2035 it will be ok
Very well written Gilbertaue. Same for me and I would add another important reason to stay with Accor : the quality of their hotel. Of course there are some bad ones, but this is true for all chains and even more true for other chains (Re tons of very poor US Sheraton, Hilton, Mariott, etc )
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:08 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I would add another important reason to stay with Accor : the quality of their hotel. Of course there are some bad ones, but this is true for all chains and even more true for other chains (Re tons of very poor US Sheraton, Hilton, Mariott, etc )
Comparing like for like within the same markets (there are not many Accor properties in the U.S. to compare with Hilton, Marriott), I would find it difficult to say if Accor has better or worse hotels than others on average. In any event, hotel quality is not a problem at Accor in my opinion, the problem is hit & miss elite benefits of the loyalty program compared to the competition. Hence my previous optimism about Diamond level because it has potential to fix a weakness and make Accor better overall. There are also rumors that Hilton plans on doing the same: introduce a new top tier with significantly better perks.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
At this stage, I will certainly qualified gold for next year but wont be able to try for platinum, let alone "diamond guest" 😁

I do spend more nights at Marriott chain. The main reason is Marriott tends to have better elite benefits.

Got 1 stay at Raffles Singapore scheduled next September.
Very excited to be able to try that particular hotel 😁
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I am starting to consider using points now as it seems I will be well over 14,000 status points. Not sure the 1 (night?) suite cert interests me.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:59 am

Just looked at the ALL website for the first time in a little while.

It seems to have evolved a bit.

But I noticed two things.

1. In the FAQ there is this question with what looks like the answer to a different question. If there is a concrete answer to this question now it would be really useful if it could be posted, not just a "towards the end of the year" type of answer which I think was there before if I remember correctly.

When will I know more about the benefits of the Diamond status?

No, member benefits will remain the same under our new branding.

2. 34 brands are listed under 4 categories: Luxury, Premium, Midscale, Economy

The Cassia brand is not listed. I suppose it would fit into Midscale but I'm not sure because I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Jun 6, 2019 at 3:05 am
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:38 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Info for everyone here: More information on Diamond will come in July.
R2, perthite, Goldorak and 11 others like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

(On reaching Platinum status, receive 2 Suite Night Upgrades.)

Okay so it definately seems to be single night upgrades though they did boost it from 1 night to 2.. is that useful if you say book 3 nights at a hotel? Will we be forced to move for the final night?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by tris06
Will we be forced to move for the final night?
I think yes unless the hotel is generous. In the past when Fairmont suite upgrade certificates used to be 5 nights, I have booked 6 nights a couple of times and was indeed forced to move for the last night! Stingy, but by the rules.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

And stingy the fact it is only 2 nights to start with and only 1 night extra per 4k status points. If it was their best suite below presidential suite then maybe that would be better but I doubt i would get too excited over a junior suite in quite a few hotels.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:37 pm

We have focused quite a bit on the Diamond level, but regarding the invitation level I am assuming it won't exclusively be based on measurables such as spend or number of nights, otherwise they might have been announced. They are leaving themselves room for judgment, which I think makes sense.

Do known travel bloggers sometimes receive complimentary elite status at hotel chains? Assuming the answer is YES, in that case, out of the box thinking : should someone like Amy (@AccorHotels Concierge) be given the power to nominate members to invited status based on their body of work on FT?

Since I am asking this question on FT I do not necessarily expect objective answers because it would be self-serving to us as a group, but I am throwing this out there for consideration and for the fun of the discussion nonetheless. My question could be equally valid for any hotel chain: do active FT members add value to the hotel brand enough to warrant giving them elite status beyond what they already achieve by staying in hotels, akin to travel bloggers?

It's not entirely different from hotel chains who provide a status match for free and with no promises in return. A few years ago Hyatt provided me a status match and I have stuck around for years since then and retained top tier without interruption. I doubt I would have started staying at their hotels without status, and they have been paid off with hundreds of nights for their decision.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:49 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
So what I can add to this @escape4 is that Accor management does follow our Postings here. In many cases they do know who we are directly as we may have sent Amy some PMs along the way, if our FT handle isn't clear (more straightforward in some compared to others).

The Accor Concierge will not be the one making any decisions.

They have given out some Invite only in Australia to certain MEMBERS. But I believe it is just a handful. What criteria was used isn't clear.
One of the Australia members some of us know, hit Diamond about 3 weeks ago and spends 85% of his time in Accor properties. He did NOT get the invite for the invite only tier. So really its everyone's guess what the criteria is.

It would probably make sense for Accor to have some FT members as Diamond (Black), but again, I'm not sure what they would use as criteria.
​​​​​
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I am not sure that Accor will disclose the criteria for the on-invitation level. The principle of that kind of status for hotels or airlines is that it is entirely at the discretion of the company and it is never the decision of one person but of a ad-hoc internal committee. They have of course some internal guidelines but they can be a bit flexible sometimes. For that reason, it is rarely disclosed. Also they usually want to limit the number of people benefiting from such a status and so, to accommodate new guests, some may lose it. Just my personal opinion here. I can be wrong of course for the future ALL secret level.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I think it is not suprising there has been little to no talk about the invitation level. Reminds me of say Qantas chairmans lounge. I only expect like CEOs of companies spending say over 100,000 Euros per year on hotels for their employees or etc.

So I am thinking mid sized companies of 100 plus staff.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by tris06
I think it is not suprising there has been little to no talk about the invitation level. Reminds me of say Qantas chairmans lounge. I only expect like CEOs of companies spending say over 100,000 Euros per year on hotels for their employees or etc.
Clearly there are two groups that will be invited.

1. Those CEO's you mention, or top corporate travel managers.
2. Flyertalkers who REALLY love Accor.

starflyergold likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Clearly there are two groups that will be invited.
1. Those CEO's you mention, or top corporate travel managers.
2. Flyertalkers who REALLY love Accor.
I am not convinced that #2 will happen, but if I was in charge of decisions at a hotel chain and if I was thinking outside the box, then yes I think it makes sense.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.