Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:20 am

@kaizen7 .... interesting post. I am 99% out of BonBon but have been on the phone to my Ambassador twice in the last week as I finish up final Redemption Stays. Without her I would have gone crazy since 18 August. Probably the one thing I hope for most in terms of Diamond benefits is an effective 24/7 Ambassador type phone line with only super capable and enthusiastic customer service staff stationed there. I don’t care which time zone they are in. Currently I call Ireland from Southeast Asia and that is absolutely fine. I know others have made the same suggestion here previously. This would sway me more than Suites although suites are always greatly appreciated.

I mentioned in an earlier comment here that I feel some trepidation thinking about possible time wasting in ensuring that 26,000 Status Points are correctly posted. An excellent Ambassador-like contact person would really remove a lot of the concern.

Then individual properties would need to really respect (adhere to the terms of) Diamond Status and whatever benefits are finally announced .... possibly quite different depending on whether Luxury, Premium, Economy brand or whatever.

If properties are reasonably free to ignore the benefits due to vague terms and conditions then staying at Platinum would be quite ok. I know this has already been stated here before but I cannot remember who said it.

A final somewhat unrelated point ... I wish it were easier to find those properties which are quite few in number, ie I wish there were more of them. Am always happy when there is a sudden announcement of a new property belonging to one of those more elusive brands opening nearby.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Mar 28, 2019 at 2:59 am
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by kaizen7
In Singapore, Accor have slight advantage here as the Ritz Carlton Sg is not participating Bonvoy property. so Marriott only have St Regis Sg as their luxury hotel while Accor have Raffles and Fairmont.
Sorry to hear that your suite upgrade success has not been great at Marriott recently. Time will tell if you are unlucky, or if I am lucky, or something in between.

Regarding Singapore even there I would be hesitant to call Accor strong. I have stayed at Fairmont twice and it was ok, but nothing memorable; the room is not dated yet but it's getting there. I stayed at Fairmont because I had suite upgrade certificates to use and because they gave lounge access unlike other Fairmonts in the world, but the lounge is subpar so I personally liked Conrad better and now that Fairmont certs no longer exist I will not return in the near future if I can get perks at Conrad that I am unlikely to get at Fairmont. If we stick to Marriott then I cannot judge because I have not stayed at their properties in Singapore, but I would probably try Westin, Meridien, or W before going back to Fairmont. That leaves Raffles and St.Regis as head to head at the top, but the rest I would prefer Marriott.

If ALL results in suite upgrades and lounge access then the equation changes for Fairmont Singapore in particular, and also for other Fairmonts where there is competition with other hotel chains, for example Istanbul, Amman, Chengdu, etc.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:24 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by escape4
Sorry to hear that your suite upgrade success has not been great at Marriott recently. Time will tell if you are unlucky, or if I am lucky, or something in between.

Regarding Singapore even there I would be hesitant to call Accor strong. I have stayed at Fairmont twice and it was ok, but nothing memorable; the room is not dated yet but it's getting there. I stayed at Fairmont because I had suite upgrade certificates to use and because they gave lounge access unlike other Fairmonts in the world, but the lounge is subpar so I personally liked Conrad better and now that Fairmont certs no longer exist I will not return in the near future if I can get perks at Conrad that I am unlikely to get at Fairmont. If we stick to Marriott then I cannot judge because I have not stayed at their properties in Singapore, but I would probably try Westin, Meridien, or W before going back to Fairmont. That leaves Raffles and St.Regis as head to head at the top, but the rest I would prefer Marriott.

If ALL results in suite upgrades and lounge access then the equation changes for Fairmont Singapore in particular, and also for other Fairmonts where there is competition with other hotel chains, for example Istanbul, Amman, Chengdu, etc.
I may repeat it often here, try the Sofitel City Centre. The Fairmont is a dump.
I'm sure some may not agree with me, but I doubt anyone would say that the Fairmont is better than the Sofitel.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:30 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I may repeat it often here, try the Sofitel City Centre. The Fairmont is a dump.
I'm sure some may not agree with me, but I doubt anyone would say that the Fairmont is better than the Sofitel.
Thanks for the tip, I would not be surprised at all that Sofitel is better.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver

I guess my suite upgrades will improve if I stop booking those specialty rooms to start with

I never been to Fairmont Singapore though, so if you and gilbertau says its not that good, I guess the luxury hotels that quite comparable will be St Regis vs Raffles.
And for Sofitel Tanjong Pagar, I would love to have chance to try it.

And for Westin and W Sentosa, they are two different products. Westin is nice ... stay there before, and very convenient for business peoples who need to be in downtown area.
While W Sentosa, its more like a nightclub that have huge pool and plenty of rooms
Will try JW South beach in 3 months time.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
sofitel city center is a marvellous Hotel, wonderful Club Millesime

the only problem with this property is that is completely no smoking, including external areas.

Near place to smoke is on the other side of the street ...

of course for all non smokers it is a fantastic plus 😃
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Dav77
sofitel city center is a marvellous Hotel, wonderful Club Millesime
+1
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:57 am

I hope Accor monitors this forum

I have been Fairmont platinum for several years. When I heard they were being bought by Accor I was a bit excited - more properties...etc. But this has turned into probably the biggest hospitality merger fiasco ever. I cannot help but think Accor management is utterly incompetent. I have experienced many of the same issues people are describing on Flyertalk regarding web site issues, inability to book, and so forth. In most cases I have used my status to either contact FPCPlatinum by email, which seems to be somewhat in place, or to contact hotels directly. I am also close enough to staff at some Fairmonts after years of being a regular to hear their own perspective. They echo the frustration with the utter incompetence of management.

The CS people seem similarly frustrated. As just one trivial example, I have a Phd. Accor now refers to me as "DOC." To non-Americans I'll explain that that terms has slightly negative connotations when used by someone non-familiar (Think "What's up Doc?" and Bugs Bunny). When I pointed out their faux pas the response was rude telling me that in some places that's a correct term and they will not be changing it. Now, I'm not a ring knocker and don't really know why they know I am Dr. except maybe an assistant shared that at some point and Fairmont, being the high-touch, service-oriented people they are, noted it. But to be told I just have to put up with being called a slightly derisive name just demonstrates their gross incompetence. If I were the CEO and I heard something like that, I'd call my IT guy and tell him to fix it before he goes home...and I've been a direct report to a CEO and have received such direct orders when something so ridiculous happens.

I'm posting this in the "new program" thread because maybe, just maybe, they have decided to make no changes until they roll out a completely fixed program. Yeah, I'm dreaming!
Eagle_traveler likes this.

Last edited by KonaGuy; Mar 31, 2019 at 1:49 am
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:03 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G

The W is on Sentosa, which is not ideal.

Why not try the Andaz? I'm staying there tomorrow. The GH has nice rooms and a club lounge I hear. I personally absolutely loved the boutique vagabond hotel with Starriott.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:06 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KonaGuy
I have been Fairmont platinum for several years. When I heard they were being bought by Accor I was a bit excited - more properties...etc. But this has turned into probably the biggest hospitality merger fiasco ever. I cannot help but think Accor management is utterly incompetent. I have experienced many of the same issues people are describing on Flyertalk regarding web site issues, inability to book, and so forth. In most cases I have used my status to either contact FPCPlatinum by email, which seems to be somewhat in place, or to contact hotels directly. I am also close enough to staff at some Fairmonts after years of being a regular to hear their own perspective. They echo the frustration with the utter incompetence of management.

The CS people seem similarly frustrated. As just one trivial example, I have a Phd. Accor now refers to me as "DOC." To non-Americans I'll explain that that terms has slightly negative connotations when used by someone non-familiar (Think "What's up Doc?" and Bugs Bunny). When I pointed out their faux pas the response was rude telling me that in some places that's a correct term and they will not be changing it. Now, I'm not a ring knocker and don't really know why they know I am Dr. except maybe an assistant shared that at some point and Fairmont, being the high-touch, service-oriented people they are, noted it. But to be told I just have to put up with being called a slightly derisive name just demonstrates their gross incompetence. If I were the CEO and I heard something like that, I'd call my IT guy and tell him to fix it before he goes home...and I've been a direct report to a CEO and have received such direct orders when something so ridiculous happens.

I'm posting this in the "new program" thread because maybe, just maybe, they have decided to make no changes until they roll out a completely fixed program. Yeah, I'm dreaming!
FYI, in the process of being rectified.

(they have seen the post)
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
In Singapore, Accor have slight advantage here as the Ritz Carlton Sg is not participating Bonvoy property. so Marriott only have St Regis Sg as their luxury hotel while Accor have Raffles and Fairmont.
W and Westin in Singapore are also not participating in BonVoy? While they may not be luxurious, I think they are pretty decent
How about JW Marriott Singapore?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Westin and JW is more for business travellers I believe. Different segment than St Regis. They will be a good competitor for Sofitel City Center.

And for W Sentosa, that would be a night club that happen to lease out rooms
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:50 am

Suggestion for a Diamond benefit: 2 or 3 free pieces of normal laundry per day (not pressing or dry cleaning).

I read in the new review of Banyan Tree Bangkok that they offer two free laundry items per day.

Pullman KLCC (Malaysia) offers everyone with Club Lounge access three free laundry items per day.

Recently I stayed at a non-Accor premium brand hotel in KL Malaysia which offers all Club Lounge guests two free laundry items per day.

I think/agree that this would be a very useful benefit for people who spend many nights in hotels.

But most importantly, I still hope for a dedicated 24/7 phone line and email address staffed by really effective CS staff who can fix problems or get them fixed.
jiunsoh, hotel_user and Dav77 like this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
Suggestion for a Diamond benefit: 2 or 3 free pieces of normal laundry per day (not pressing or dry cleaning).

I read in the new review of Banyan Tree Bangkok that they offer two free laundry items per day.

Pullman KLCC (Malaysia) offers everyone with Club Lounge access three free laundry items per day.

Recently I stayed at a non-Accor premium brand hotel in KL Malaysia which offers all Club Lounge guests two free laundry items per day.

I think/agree that this would be a very useful benefit for people who spend many nights in hotels.

But most importantly, I still hope for a dedicated 24/7 phone line and email address staffed by really effective CS staff who can fix problems or get them fixed.
there are also some Sofitels offering laundry daily credit included in luxury rooms with “premium” services or club access.

It’s not infrequent that these properties use that as “upgrade” instead a real suite upgrade

of course it’s not a rule and not a “benefit” as you are talking about

I have seen Ritz offer 2 pieces laundry + pressing daily, booking club access room

as you say, it would be a nice benefit for Diamond Members.
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:31 am

Diamond benefits not announced yet so I will make another suggestion (may have already been made by somebody else):

Premium i.e. faster internet speed as an obligatory benefit rather than just the standard throttled speed set by each hotel (varies according to each hotel's own internet infrastructure or policy).

Seems like some/many hotels may already do this for Platinum members as indicated at log in but I almost always get what seems to be the standard speed for every room.

Of course this would not be necessary in hotels which already offer extremely fast speeds of 80 to 220 Mbps as I recently experienced in one Mercure.

But a few hotels in the same city seem to throttle their speeds at 6 Mbps. Admittedly there is nothing I cannot do with that sort of speed but faster is always welcome in accordance with the particular destination's internet infrastructure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.