Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:05 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak

I fully agree with you and I apply this principle for all hotels all chains. Some hotels are truly bad in their Elite customers handling and I put them on my black list. At the opposite, others are managed by competent people and know how to create great moments.
With Accor, we all know their main problem has always been and still is the freedom they leave to hotels to comply or not with their rules without any consequence, leading to very inconsistent experiences. TBH, the situation has improved over the last years, but there’s still a lot of room for improvement. In that respect, I was quite shocked that Kobetraveller reported recently for the 2 Raffles properties in Cambodia that they were not offering free BF to Plats and that they can take freedom with Accor rules. I would have not been surprised to hear that in a French Novotel or Mercure, but not at Raffles in SE Asia.
I see ALL as an opportunity to improve this.
I agree. But I would hope that this is a rare case and a misunderstanding of rules on the hotels part.
When I highlighted this particular case to APAC management, they agreed this was an error and the hotel will be retrained.

I would expect that these issues will forever remain, at a couple of properties - even more important to highlight them when it happens.

I would put priority now on getting the rest of the non APAC properties to start towing the line when it comes to loyalty treatment.
Goldorak and Dav77 like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:57 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Maybe Accor should set up a system where there are a few steps an Accor member can do to report and be rewarded for reporting non compliance from hotels. Maybe a 24hr hotline? Penalties occur to the hotel owners financially if they are found to have denied major benefits like upgrade or APAC breakfast.
Jasper2009 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:06 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tris06
Maybe Accor should set up a system where there are a few steps an Accor member can do to report and be rewarded for reporting non compliance from hotels. Maybe a 24hr hotline? Penalties occur to the hotel owners financially if they are found to have denied major benefits like upgrade or APAC breakfast.
It was in the works, but then most agreed that there is such a tool already: It's the TrustYou survey. Hotel Management gets penalised when guests leave negative remarks. So use it as a tool to complain & compliment.
nickw_au likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
Fully agree. ^

I'm actually not convinced that Accor HQ has any interest in forcing hotels to comply with the (meager) benefits, or to provide any meaningful benefits at all.

Let's just look at the upgrade benefit which is advertised as "upgrade to the next room category subject to availability; or upgrade to a room on a higher floor or with a better view".

The way it is worded it basically allows hotels to not offer an upgrade at all, or a homeopathic upgrade from a room overlooking the dumpster to a room overlooking the parking lot.

Leaving aside the whole debate about confirmed (suite) upgrades, a semi-useful benefit would be "Platinum members are entitled to an upgrade to the best available room category, up to the standard suite category, subject to availability at time of check-in".

Pair that with a dedicated Platinum line that is staffed 24/7 by people who are competent, customer-oriented and specifically trained to interfere when a hotel refuses to honour that benefit, along with a (monetary) disincentive for not honouring benefits (either on the corporate level and/or by having to offer compensation to guests), and things may slowly change for the better.

Same story with missing points: There are endless reports about points not posting properly. A cynic may get the impression that it's part of Accor's business strategy. The process of getting those points credited could hardly be more convoluted, time-consuming and annoying (due to many agents being incapable of dealing with something as simple as a missing points request).

A policy along the lines of "should the hotel fail to post the correct number of points within 14/21 days of check-out, the member shall be entitled to 2000 bonus points" or even "...2000 bonus points or twice the regular amount, whatever number is greater", should help to rectify this.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Mar 14, 2019 at 12:09 am
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by Dav77

each stay (each) i’m welcoming with “mr. Dav, it’s a pleasure, thanks so much for your loyalty (started on January as Gold thanks to Amex Plat and running for Plat challenge)

I am also welcoming with " thanks so much for your loyalty" at Hilton and even IHG (even if I don't have any status with IHG), not at Accorhotels
Dav77 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
It was in the works, but then most agreed that there is such a tool already: It's the TrustYou survey. Hotel Management gets penalised when guests leave negative remarks. So use it as a tool to complain & compliment.
I don't really know if Hotel Management really gets penalised when guests leave negative remarks. I think the hotel can answer that it was full and that an upgrade was not possible.

Anyway, once or twice a year when I'm really pissed off (upgrade refused, no welcome drink and bad welcome), after completing the survey, I also write Accor CC about the stay and I usually get 600 to 2000 points which are paid by the hotel. I think it is the only way to penalise the hotel.
I think I nearly could do this after nearly each stay in France, but I'm too lazy to do it every time
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by nrouxel
I don't really know if Hotel Management really gets penalised when guests leave negative remarks. I think the hotel can answer that it was full and that an upgrade was not possible.

Anyway, once or twice a year when I'm really pissed off (upgrade refused, no welcome drink and bad welcome), after completing the survey, I also write Accor CC about the stay and I usually get 600 to 2000 points which are paid by the hotel. I think it is the only way to penalise the hotel.
I think I nearly could do this after nearly each stay in France, but I'm too lazy to do it every time

In a hotel that "knows" it is in the wrong, you seldom get sent the Trust You survey ...... so your only way forward is via Accor CS and a 1 star Trip Advisory review...... and the cut and paste generic response that everything was fine and its a nice day, and see you soon .....
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by nrouxel
I am also welcoming with " thanks so much for your loyalty" at Hilton and even IHG (even if I don't have any status with IHG), not at Accorhotels
This is my experience exactly and it made no difference weather an Ibis or Sofitel.

CT
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Jasper2009

Same story with missing points: There are endless reports about points not posting properly. A cynic may get the impression that it's part of Accor's business strategy. The process of getting those points credited could hardly be more convoluted, time-consuming and annoying (due to many agents being incapable of dealing with something as simple as a missing points request).

A policy along the lines of "should the hotel fail to post the correct number of points within 14/21 days of check-out, the member shall be entitled to 2000 bonus points" or even "...2000 bonus points or twice the regular amount, whatever number is greater", should help to rectify this.
it’s a good idea. Really.

Even if i can think at it as a funny never ending story 😃

-800 points for stay not posted after 2 weeks

-claim to be credited and request of 2.000 bonus points as fee

-800 + 2000 points not posted after 2 months more

-claim to be credited 2800 points + another 2000 points double fee

-4800 points not posted after 10 years

-claim to be credited 4800 points + another 2000 points triple fee

-6800 points not posted after 40 years

-claim to be credited 6800 points + another 2000 points quadruple fee

-points not posted again

end of the story

“Here lies a loyal Accor hotels guest, he was on credit 8800 points”
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: Accor Platinum

I think they’ve got much better at this in recent times .... surely though the answer is just to automate this process? Granted, it’s fairly obvious “mature” hotel companies don’t have good tech although if they really wanted too I’m sure they could make points post within a few minutes of settling the bill at checkout. I see little reason why it needs to be a manual process!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:20 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
I'm not a fan of Bonvoy, but the Marriott guarantee is a good model: if you don't get the published benefits, you get $x in cash or points... Accor Corporate issues you the points, then charges the hotel for it.
One problem with the Accor customer service set-up is that they don't really do anything, but send it to the hotel to address - and the hotel may or may not do that, hence - as Dav77 says, you can die waiting for the issue resolution...
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Fyd
I'm not a fan of Bonvoy, but the Marriott guarantee is a good model: if you don't get the published benefits, you get $x in cash or points... Accor Corporate issues you the points, then charges the hotel for it.
One problem with the Accor customer service set-up is that they don't really do anything, but send it to the hotel to address - and the hotel may or may not do that, hence - as Dav77 says, you can die waiting for the issue resolution...
i’ve been told some times from Accor CC that to credit points belong to the hotels.

I have had some issues where I phoned the hotel to say “my friend could you please credit my points”, even if my comply to Accor CC was “if an hotel don’t do it, you should be able to force the system, credit my points and then you debit to the hotel”

if not; why to send invoice to Accor CC to have points credited ?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Now compare that with the way Fairmont handled it. Of course, Fairmont didn't have a points system, but you could earn airline miles on each stay. In the rare event that your points didn't post after your stay, you could either call HQ or send an e-mail to the "frequentflyer" address. If during business hours, Peggy (I wonder if she's still there?) would e-mail you back to say she was looking into it, and your points would get posted quickly. No arguing. No repeated phone calls needed. No having to send in proof of your stay or eligibility for the points. They did the investigation for you, and solved the problem quickly. If after hours, you'd hear from her at the start of business the next day.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:29 pm

A tangental and trivial point . . . but I hope the new ALL App incorporates the Places functions so that Facebook is no longer necessary. The only reason I keep a Facebook Account (using a nickname with zero friends and posts) is so that I can log into the Places App.

I find the Places badges fun although the Points available are inconsequential. And they are definitely a finite undertaking except for the few new badges for hotel brands in the very few countries I visit. But they have definitely spurred me on to try brands and properties that I would otherwise have been too lazy to try. So I hope Accor (ALL) keeps thinking of new badges which may stimulate some bookings.

(Mainly though I am really curious to see the Diamond benefits list. Understand that this may require more time to make public but this may also stimulate 2019 bookings for people who are happy with it. Any indication as to the target month this may be released would be greatly appreciated for planning purposes.)
chrism20 and starflyergold like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:28 am

hello kobetraveller
i agree
never used facebook before still only for places
somehow i can not scroll at places
hopefully it wi chance too
greetings
kees

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.