Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I find this 2nd announcement showing a positive trend with ALL:
- new tier with added benefits (of course, we don't know them yet but we know it's additional benefits). This new tier (Diamond) is interesting to favor loyalty with Accor instead of going elsewhere once passed the Plat requalification threshold
- a new on-invitation tier, which is always useful for a company like Accor and which may benefit to some people considered key for the company
- a very welcome suite upgrade for Plats
- new ways to earn and spend points
- And one very important aspect, different than when other programs made changes : there is no devaluation of existing benefits for Silver/Gold/Plat ^

Something missing at that point and long awaited : Plat for life status ?
Absolutely missing PLATINUM FOR LIFE STATUS, I'm sure lot's of us have been Platinum for the last 10 years, this would finally be a rewarding gesture for the loyalty given.
Or did I miss something about Life status?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:15 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by tris06
I still think and you partially admitted that Premier would fit between gold and plat member levels. Hence it is entirely reasonable not to have suite upgrades for gold members as it would fall below Premier if comparing the 2 for qualifying.

Don't worry I probably will be gold in 2021 so I will experience it for myself but I have a pretty good record for upgrades here in Asia and Australia. Europe I found it to be around 60 or 70 percent for upgrades.
I disagree. I think while benefits wise premier was above gold, most premier members will make it to gold status (with some to even platinum), but some will also only make it to silver (the ones with only 10 nights at unde 200$ spend.). So I think it'd be perfectly reasonable to have such a suite upgrade available to Golds as well.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Absolutely missing PLATINUM FOR LIFE STATUS, I'm sure lot's of us have been Platinum for the last 10 years, this would finally be a rewarding gesture for the loyalty given.
Or did I miss something about Life status?
step by step ...they manage ...

for now, please be a loyal paying guest if you want your tier ...then, they will see 😁
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:24 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Perhaps I am just stating the obvious, but one thing Accor got right before is that it gave Plat status to Fairmont Plat and let customers see for themselves first if this is a status which would be worth keeping. If they did not give me Accor Plat status, I would not have remained an Accor guest in the last 1-2 years. So they benefited from extending status.

Similarly, if I don't know what Diamond level will be, then I am unlikely to go out of my way to achieve it. I don't book all my stays at the last minute, it's already March, if Diamond benefits become clear only in May for example and I am booking my stays July-Dec at that stage, there might not even be enough months remaining in 2019 for me to change my stays to qualify for Diamond if that turned out to be of interest me once we get clarity for example 4 suite upgrade STAYS rather than 4 nights, etc.

If I "quit" Accor in 2019 I am unlikely to come back in 2020 to work my way back up because it would mean a bunch of stays during 2020 at a lower level and lower benefits, waiting to achieve the top level, when my alternative is to stay at other chains and get top level benefits there.

I want to give Accor a chance, but they need to help themselves here.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I could get very worked up about all these things but more than two decades in the loyalty game with airlines and hotels have shown me that it is not worth it.
If I may present alternative opinions...

It depends on how you use/exploit the loyalty system. For more than two decades I've had great benefits from hotel, air and car rentals. It is massively worth it for myself and my family.

And as for announcing things piecemeal, I think it is a smart idea by Accor. Before last week I would not have tried hard to put a lot of nights into Accor. But now I see that Diamond status may be worth it. If I stay a lot in areas of France and Europe that don't have any of the other chains, then I will rack up points with Accor.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by stimpy
If I stay a lot in areas of France and Europe that don't have any of the other chains, then I will rack up points with Accor.
If you stay in France and Europe, Platinium status is useless at least for the moment.
I don't know if Diamond status will be worthless
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nrouxel
If you stay in France and Europe, Platinium status is useless at least for the moment.
I don't know if Diamond status will be worthless
Why would you say that? Platinum status did quite well for me at Pullman and Sofitel's in Europe. Always a decent upgrade. Sometimes a suite at Novotel's too.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Why would you say that? Platinum status did quite well for me at Pullman and Sofitel's in Europe. Always a decent upgrade. Sometimes a suite at Novotel's too.
I should say that gold status is enough in France and Europe because there are no lounge available and you could/should get upgrade with gold status as well
Easytravel, kaizen7 and Dav77 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
that’s the points

platinum status does make sense in Europe if you stay at Sofitels, Mgallerys or maybe Pullman

staying mainly at Novotels and Mercures it doesn’t make any sense, except earning some points more.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum
Although being skeptical, not liking being drip-fed bits, and thinking the logo and name of the revised program are a bit amateur, I'm feeling somewhat more comfortable with this now then I was at the first announcement. In general, by making the new tier based on spend this does give them some wriggle room to maintain the middle of the road program in the mid-range segment (which I'm generally quite happy with) while targeting some extra benefits in the luxury segment (which I can understand why they'd want to do this).

As a current platinum I'm not entirely convinced my benefits won't be diluted - be this through current properties that go above and beyond the expectations for platinum not doing this anymore or my perception that the APAC free breakfast is at risk here. If they do dilute benefits I'm sure they'll be appropriately flamed in loyalty circles for doing so, and in true Accor style, ignore it.

If they were listening, like so many others, my first want is a firm commitment to having a fully functioning booking system that doesn't deliver errors on every other search. This really needs to be accompanied by Accor HQ learning to listen ... I mean frustrated loyal customers have been giving free advice about what they need to fix for years, yet they seemingly ignore it and their executives go on lamenting the lower performance of direct bookings - you'd have to assume having never booked a stay with their own company themselves. A+ and even the local offices seem much better at this ... France not so much.

Other general misc things I'd like to see change, should Accor really be reading along as claimed earlier in the thread:
  • The booking system needs to stop trying to sell existing benefits as add on's. At the very least, it should acknowledge you are already entitled to a late checkout "subject to availability" before trying to sell it again. If they do insist on selling it, which really isn't cool, it should be at a deep discount to "guarantee your benefit".
  • The booking system should have a quick and easy to way to prioritise the upgrade / late checkout benefits rather than typing it in the 'message to hotel' box given they are all "subject to availability". I get it, the more room categories you are upgraded the lower the chances of being able to keep the room until 5pm. Sometimes though, I'd much rather stay until 5 pm rather than have an upgrade if it came down to one or the other ... and other times I'm leaving at 9am, so I'd much rather a room upgrade. A quick way to prioritise them at booking shouldn't be an excuse to just deliver one or the other, however.
  • Mama Shelter should earn points at the standard rate
  • No brands should be excluded from offering upgrades if they have different room types (looking at you, ibis). By all accounts, budget brands can be quite profitable for chains - there is no obvious reason the benefits should be budget also.
  • Upgrades should be confirmed 24 hours out
  • Consistent policies about check-in holds for status members. For the most part I don't get asked for holds anymore, just for a card on file which is fine, with reason being "as a gold/platinum member we just need a card on file not a hold" although every now and then a property wants a hold. While they aren't an issue, requesting it gives me the impression Accor can't track the fact I've never trashed a room or skipped off without paying the bill xor are too clueless to consider risk on a per customer level.
  • Agree with all the commentary that an upgrade to a suite for one night isn't well thought out
  • Want clarification sooner rather than later as to how all this integrates with Accor+
  • I wouldn't mind mobile keyless technology at this point. I've seen Mr CEO declare some time ago they would never use that, because it doesn't make guests 'Feel Welcome'. Since seemingly Accor isn't concerned about making us 'Feel Welcome' anymore now might be a good time to get it.... Need every spare second of my time to run off and 'live limitless' (whatever that means) after all... Seriously though, if I've stayed at the place more than once, i really don't see any benefit in stopping by the front desk .... or at least if its chaos in the foyer i can do it on my phone and move right along, which is probably more the scenario where I'd use it.
  • Cancelled bookings that are "non refundable" should generate a voucher for that property that is valid for 12 months rather than just being lost.
  • Family/friends points transfer
  • For bookings rates where payment is meant to be taken a day or two before arrival, the booking system needs a way to allow you to change the card closer to reservation or at least alert you if it fails and give you the option to put a new one in rather than properties just cancelling bookings when it fails.
For the new diamond:
  • Partner Platinum status
  • Some kind of temporary status voucher for friends family to give them platinum level benefits for a particular stay.
  • Some kind of lifetime Gold/Platinum
  • Make sale rates cancellable or points redemptions a thing on all rates including sale rates
  • Free global breakfast at most or all brands
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:53 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I definitely think the complimentary partner/1 family member platinum status is a very good idea or the temporary status voucher.
All agree with.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:51 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Ver nice summary @nickw_au
Thank you.
nickw_au likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nickw_au
For the new diamond:
  • Free global breakfast at most or all brands
I have free breakfast with HiltonHonor Gold...(just 40 nights !)
Dav77 likes this.

Last edited by nrouxel; Mar 9, 2019 at 5:59 am
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:05 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Raffles Jakarta - Designer Suite upgrade
Pullman St Pancras - Suite upgrade
Pullman Bercy - Duplex Suite upgrade
Swissotel Bremen - Suite upgrade
Sofitel Singapore CC - Suite upgrade

5/5 stays this year. All upgraded.​​​​
Interesting. I've stayed in three of the properties you list in recent months and only once seen the inside of a suite (because I'd I booked it).
sycokid likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:20 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IMH
Interesting. I've stayed in three of the properties you list in recent months and only once seen the inside of a suite (because I'd I booked it).
Travelling at the moment, but I'll update what I originally booked.

St Pancras I had to arm wrestle.
All others were given willingly without asking.
tris06 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.