Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I'm still hoping there is some sort of misunderstanding.

Presumably dozens of management folks must've been working on this for several months.

"Our loyalty program isn't very competitive. Especially among guests staying at our high-end / luxury brand, the program fails to generate much loyalty. And all the former FPC members are unhappy. What can we do?"
"Well, FPC used to have suite upgrade certs allowing members to confirm up to 15 nights in a suite each year. Hyatt offers four suite upgrade certs valid for seven nights each. Most other hotel chains offer an upgrade to a standard suite if available at time of check-in."
"I have an idea: In addition to the "upgrade from a room overlooking the dumpster to a room overlooking the parking lot, subject to availability and whether the hotel wishes to provide this benefit", let's allow Platinum members to confirm an upgrade to a suite one night per year."
"Genius! Idea of the century!"

It does seem rather surreal.
R2, CanadaDH, Yul_voyager and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:45 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I needed to book a 5 night stay in Bangkok today. I could not log in to Accor (app on iPad, phone and website). So instead of the Mgallery, I booked at Hilton.

Accor: you can have all the program, tier, one night only upgrade cert you want. If you do not get the basic right, nobody stays loyal.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I needed to book a 5 night stay in Bangkok today. I could not log in to Accor (app on iPad, phone and website). So instead of the Mgallery, I booked at Hilton.

Accor: you can have all the program, tier, one night only upgrade cert you want. If you do not get the basic right, nobody stays loyal.
please don’t have to pretend someone manages it, ...even if Accor is reading

at least they can answer on a thread when someone ask the country phone number of CC

simple or not expensive to manage answer/claim > quick replay

difficult or expensive to manage answer/claim > no replay

Good for competitors
hotel_user likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: QANTAS, Le Club, Bonvoy, Amplify
Originally Posted by fransknorge

Same for me, haven't been able to log in last night or this morning. I'm done with them
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:56 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kremmen

On earn:burn ratio, Accor earning you 5%-8.8% (2.5%-4.4% at Ibis, etc) is worse than just using one of the general hotel booking site schemes (hotels.com, etc)
That statement is erroneous, the hotel booking sites use part of their commission to fund their schemes, you can book direct, use a cash back site and also do the same, with added value of the Accor earning and status benefits on top of the 8% cash back, so its closer to 16-17% in reality.
happygolucky_nomad and Dav77 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
A single suite upgrade usable for one night only is contemptible. Right in line with the disdain with which Accor (at least in Europe) seems to treat its best customers.
My “normal” stay pattern at Fairmonts would get me at or close to Diamond, but I would certainly not make a push for it without knowing the benefits. I am also so disgusted with the service at my last Savoy stay that I am not sure I want to continue that stay pattern, or, indeed, throw any more money at Accor.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:38 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I am coming back to what I said at the very first announcement: It is far too early to announce these changes. And it certainly does not make sense to announce things piecemeal. I understand new perks are still being discussed internally so announcing a "suite night" looks to me as unfinished business. Surely somebody somewhere will have noticed that this is not going to cut it. Lost in translation? Maybe. Even as an Accor aficionado I can tell them that this is a very poor idea. And what's more, and I said that too, I want to know whether customer service and IT will be upgraded. I happily trade a suite night for a working website and immediate and trained customer service (a 2 day response rate on twitter is unacceptable).
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I am coming back to what I said at the very first announcement: It is far too early to announce these changes. And it certainly does not make sense to announce things piecemeal. I understand new perks are still being discussed internally so announcing a "suite night" looks to me as unfinished business. Surely somebody somewhere will have noticed that this is not going to cut it. Lost in translation? Maybe. Even as an Accor aficionado I can tell them that this is a very poor idea. And what's more, and I said that too, I want to know whether customer service and IT will be upgraded. I happily trade a suite night for a working website and immediate and trained customer service (a 2 day response rate on twitter is unacceptable).
it’s funny about feedback time on Twitter ...

my current last 4 messages on it.

-Hyatt. Message sent 14.40 - replay at 14.44 same day

-Delta airlines. Message sent 11.17 - replay at 11.34 same day

-Marriott. Message sent 17.52 - replay at 19.23 same day

-Accor. Message sent 10.23 - replay at 14.23 2 days later.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:01 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Dav77

-Accor. Message sent 10.23 - replay at 14.23 2 days later.
Raffles Paris - email sent 19 November 2018 - still waiting for a response.....
ContinentalVoyager7 and Dav77 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
You would trade a suite upgrade for a working website? We shouldn't have trade anything for a working website. A working website and competent customer service should not be a status benefit. It should be a given for any hotel organization, and available to all customers. Maybe my standards and expectations are unreasonably high, but these two issues shouldn't be connected.

And if they are still discussing the changes internally, and haven't decided on what the program benefits are going to be, then why on earth did they announce anything at all? Accor keeps proving over and over again, that they just don't know what they are doing. We are very clearly dealing with a bunch of amateurs at Accor HQ, and it seems to be across all departments... Customer Care, IT, Loyalty, Operations, Marketing and Communications. If I ran my division at work the way most Accor divisions seem to operate, I suspect my boss, the CEO, would rightfully turf me to the curb.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Mar 7, 2019 at 10:36 am Reason: correct spelling
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:57 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
You would trade a suite upgrade for a working website? We shouldn't have trade anything for a working website. A working website and competent customer service should not be a status benefit. It should be a given for any hotel organization, and available to all customers. Maybe my standards and expectations are unreasonably high, but these two issues shouldn't be connected.
Maybe a European sense of humour did not quite translate here.... I could get very worked up about all these things but more than two decades in the loyalty game with airlines and hotels have shown me that it is not worth it.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:04 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Raffles Paris - email sent 19 November 2018 - still waiting for a response.....

Can I claim a record ... dubious ... Quick overnight stay in an Ibis near Limoges on the motorway - total disaster - no meaningful response since October - if it was not for the possible dire consequences to myself caused by the Ibis to me - I would have dropped it by now - but have had several deadlines issued by Accor that they have failed to honor .... the last one was December 21st
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:55 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by hotel_user
Can I claim a record ... dubious ... Quick overnight stay in an Ibis near Limoges on the motorway - total disaster - no meaningful response since October - if it was not for the possible dire consequences to myself caused by the Ibis to me - I would have dropped it by now - but have had several deadlines issued by Accor that they have failed to honor .... the last one was December 21st
Got you beat - waiting for Marriott to correct a double-point deduction since June 2018....
In the Freaky Awards for the worst IT project, Accor and Marriott are in a head-to-head competition...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:10 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Raffles Jakarta - Designer Suite upgrade
Pullman St Pancras - Suite upgrade
Pullman Bercy - Duplex Suite upgrade
Swissotel Bremen - Suite upgrade
Sofitel Singapore CC - Suite upgrade

5/5 stays this year. All upgraded.

​​​
​​​​
​​​​
I"m happy with the Platinum benefits in general, especially the lounge access, but I don't share your experience - I just went back through my records and it's more like 1 in 10 stays is a suite upgrade...
The other 9 out of 10 are "minimum" upgrades - most often, club room - same room, different label or higher floor, espresso machine, bathrobe/slippers, ...
That's still an improvement over a few years ago when platinum got me no recognition on many stays...
And, in fairness, I usually book the cheapest room category...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Fyd
I"m happy with the Platinum benefits in general, especially the lounge access, but I don't share your experience - I just went back through my records and it's more like 1 in 10 stays is a suite upgrade...
The other 9 out of 10 are "minimum" upgrades - most often, club room - same room, different label or higher floor, espresso machine, bathrobe/slippers, ...
That's still an improvement over a few years ago when platinum got me no recognition on many stays...
And, in fairness, I usually book the cheapest room category...
Yes quite often hotels will try to pass off an upgrade from say a luxury room to a luxury club room. Now there are some hotels where the room is slightly different in (example Sofitel in Bali) which I couldn't really argue with because maybe direct pool access is more pricey than having a small pond out the front to dip into. However if the rooms are... same size or even slightly smaller (it does happen) andpretty much the same layout (coffee machine is not an upgrade) I will tell the hotel it is not an upgrade. Also higher level does not cut it. You just should not accept it. It only takes 2 mins of your time and if we as a group consistently push for it they will understand the practice is not acceptable.

So in my stays, always the room/suite I get is definitely a higher category and I will always get the junior suite or even the prestige/deluxe suite unless the hotel is really fully booked.

People need to change their mind set it is not begging for a proper upgrade it is a demand and you have every right to demand it.
I had this issue you mentioned. It has happened about 6-7 times over the last couple of years and every time it was resolved within a few mins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.