Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I fully agree - "stacking" the consortia benefits with status benefits can work great. I've done it hundreds of times.

But at the end of the day it very much depends on the property what you get from a "rate is eligible for an upgrade based on availability" + "upgrade to a better view, higher floor or the next room category based on status and subject to availability".
With FHR you don't have to worry about rate eligible upgrades. And while FHR can and often does give a minimal upgrade, that's where your program affiliation really helps boost the upgrade. And it's not just about upgrades. If I stay at certain brands with FHR, I get $300 F&B credits and other benefits to do go with the hotel program benefits. Sometimes lounge access is dependent on your status. It has never not been a good idea for me.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:27 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by lefrid
The french version is clear (unfortunately). Bold is mine. It really says "for one night"
"Sjournez plus, gagnez plus :
- Ds votre statut Platinum, recevez un surclassement en suite pour une nuit, rservable lavance et garanti.
- Gagnez-en un deuxime ds 18000 points Statut.
- Et un supplmentaire tous les 4000 points Statut, dans la limite de 12 par an. "

Which makes that cert pretty unusable on vacation forcing people to change room,...
Hitting Diamond would grant you 4 certs which together make it possible to have a small-ish stay in a suite.
In short: useless for "<18000" Plats and Diamond is really the target to aim.

My 2 cents
This is just so dissappointing. And I thought they'd do something right for real this time.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:10 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
I think the Diamond level is a nod to former FPC members: they spend more per night and the "other in house benefits" could be similar to what Fairmont did before, like spa or dining credits, etc.
The Suite upgrade is disappointing and I think it's a net-loss for Platinum members. I've received quite a few Suite upgrades as Platinum in the past, but I expect properties to be less generous in the future and either give these to Diamond/Black members or with SU certs only...
If the future Platinum upgrades are the bare minimum, ie from broom closet to broom closet with bathrobe, Platinum will loose a lot of it's .appeal....
I'm on track for Platinum this year, but not Diamond. I'll have plenty of time to decide whether I want to stay loyal to Accor or not...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:30 am

hmmmmm

For what it's worth . . . I'm going to keep plodding along picking up Status Points to keep within striking distance measured by time still available after the announcement of benefits is finally made . . . need to stay somewhere

If Diamond benefits turn out to be really good then hopefully not too much effort required to get to the target before the end of the year . . . want to avoid a mad rush

If benefits turn out to be quite an anti-climax or not really useful to my own travel pattern then will follow @tris06 suggestion to just enjoy Platinum benefits, and hope that they do not in fact become diluted as @Fyd suggests could happen

Just a waiting game now, I suppose, and hope for the best

P.S. If Accor people read this . . . please hurry up !!
sycokid likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
A single suite night for Platinum... Completely and utterly useless to me. It's like Accor doesn't care to try understand the luxury segment, or they really are trying, but are just clueless and their staff don't possess the bodily equipment required for comprehension. Other than the 1 remaining 7-night Fairmont stay I have booked for later this month, that will be my final stay with Accor for 2019. They have disappointed at each and every single turn in the past, so there is no reason to assume that the benefits with Diamond will be anything worthwhile. I get more just booking an FHR rate with Four Seasons, and they don't have status program at all.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I am thinking it does not make sense. Best to get the Accor rep to tell us and also to let her know we would be very dissapointed if that was the case.
Suite upgrades for like 4-6 nights do not cost the hotel that much.

(Sorry about the crappy typo before was using the mobile and on a train.)

Last edited by tris06; Mar 6, 2019 at 7:56 am
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
A single suite night for Platinum... Completely and utterly useless to me.
Not just you, me and likely most others too. It's not an incentive whatsoever to obtain platinum status.

Most of my stays now are at an Accor or Hilton family hotel. Generally I find top-tier status at Hilton to be much more rewarding, especially complimentary breakfast at all properties and room upgrades for their upper-tier hotels, which includes suites. As a Platinum with Accor, getting a true room upgrade at an Accor property is difficult at best.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:32 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Not just you, me and likely most others too. It's not an incentive whatsoever to obtain platinum status.

Most of my stays now are at an Accor or Hilton family hotel. Generally I find top-tier status at Hilton to be much more rewarding, especially complimentary breakfast at all properties and room upgrades for their upper-tier hotels, which includes suites. As a Platinum with Accor, getting a true room upgrade at an Accor property is difficult at best.
Raffles Jakarta - Designer Suite upgrade
Pullman St Pancras - Suite upgrade
Pullman Bercy - Duplex Suite upgrade
Swissotel Bremen - Suite upgrade
Sofitel Singapore CC - Suite upgrade

5/5 stays this year. All upgraded.

​​​
​​​​
​​​​
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:01 am

last year i could get diamond and this year no problem either .
What i read from accor it seems okay for me ,generally i am happy at ACCOR
Brands we have experience with is pullman and sofitell
Feel welcome and recognized as platinum
Welcome service could be airport shutlle
accept packages from webshops before arrival
diner vouchers
free breakfast
spa voucher
greetings
kees
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by gilbertaue

5/5 stays this year. All upgraded. ​​
​​​​
I too have been generally upgraded to a suite as Platinum. I don't understand why a Suite Night award is a big deal. Over in the Starwood forum most people agree with this concept and regard these Suite night awards as not generally a great value. In some certain cases it can work out, but that seems to be the exception.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:36 am

​​​
​​​​
​​​​
I'm curious what room level you're booking to get such a success rate ?

We maybe get 2 suite upgrades a year from ~10-15 different hotel stays in Asia as Platinum (based on just scraping 14k points each year, not on nights).

That said, I usually only book the cheapest or 2nd cheapest room level, and I've always been upgraded at least one level, often two - and overall given I'm cheap I feel that's pretty fair.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:42 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit

​​​​
​​​​
Yeah but once the suite upgrade "nights" exist I think the suspicion is that such upgrades will no longer happen as often.

I am in @Fyd 's camp on this...

I've received quite a few Suite upgrades as Platinum in the past, but I expect properties to be less generous in the future and either give these to Diamond/Black members or with SU certs only...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:47 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
So 4 nights in a suite for reaching 26k at Diamond. In contrast we get 28 nights at Hyatt when reaching Globalist and we got 10 nights with Fairmont before. I think Accor has tried to make it similar to Marriott's 5 nights but the difference is that you often get suite upgrades at Marriott/Starwood without using a SNA. It remains to be seen whether that will be the case with Accor, but I think lots of people won't give them the benefit of the doubt.
happygolucky_nomad and Dav77 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by escape4
So 4 nights in a suite for reaching 26k at Diamond. In contrast we get 28 nights at Hyatt when reaching Globalist and we got 10 nights with Fairmont before. I think Accor has tried to make it similar to Marriott's 5 nights but the difference is that you often get suite upgrades at Marriott/Starwood without using a SNA. It remains to be seen whether that will be the case with Accor, but I think lots of people won't give them the benefit of the doubt.
Also, Marriott gives you 5 nights each time. Ok, it's not guaranteed at booking, but still, one single night is pretty useless...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
1 Suite Night Award for reach plt and then every 4000 status point after
Need $2000 spending for each SNA

And to earn the maximum 12 SNA people have to get 14k status point + 44k Status point for the remaining 11 SNA
Total 58k status point or $26500 spending

Thats definitely not worth ... maybe worth if each SNA guaranteed upgrade to Presidential suite

(most likely these group will get those invite only tiers? who knows)

Perhaps Accor can make the SNA is valid for stays up to 5 nights (or more)
And to achieve the SNA. : 1 for reach Platinum then 1 for reach Diamond ... then 1 for every 14k status point above Diamond (40k , 54k and so on)
That would be more reasonable for me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.