Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
4 apples!!!!

Looking at the teaser, it seems ALL looks decent.
And the qualifications requirements seems not bad.

Dav77 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by tris06
Exactly.
If Accor can interest enough members to aim for this then they will be happy for sure. But what kind of extra benefits could you offer? Anyone want to take a guess? And please it is not 3 apples on arrival.
But that's the whole problem with the announcements so far. How are you going to entice ANY members to aim for this, when they haven't said what the benefits will be, and only plan to say sometime later in the year? What if it is just another apple and a annual free night certificate? Or, maybe it comes with a guarantee to be upgraded to the penthouse suite on every stay? Without knowing what the benefits will be, how can anyone be motivated to achieve it?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
But that's the whole problem with the announcements so far. How are you going to entice ANY members to aim for this, when they haven't said what the benefits will be, and only plan to say sometime later in the year? What if it is just another apple and a annual free night certificate? Or, maybe it comes with a guarantee to be upgraded to the penthouse suite on every stay? Without knowing what the benefits will be, how can anyone be motivated to achieve it?
Ya gotta believe man!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:07 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Isn't that the same for many other companies? You advertise something new with a few details hoping to get attention and some excitement going. Airlines do this all the time "Look at this new business class seat, coming.... in 2022". I'm sure over the next couple of months more will be revealed.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
My guess :
platinums will get sna as addition to current platinum benefit. And more apple ��

diamonds will get personal ambassador and all plt benefit, higher upgrade possibilities, extra points earning, and a box of apples.

the invitation tier, personal ambassador like diamond but with extra vip treatment .... and perhaps 2 boxes of apples ��
tris06 and Dav77 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I think the new diamond level is something interesting for members already used to achieve Plat and more ... just motivating them to don’t “waste” any night out of Accors.

I don’t think it will move Silver/Gold customers who already join another program at different hotel chain, except due to competitors’s faults.

What i can see on my experience, would be better if Accor improve existing members’s treatment, to don’t loose them

to loose a customer is just 1 minute. To get a new Plat or Diamond customer (or to mantein an existing one) not the same ... and you can’t get it just offering some Suite upgrades

Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Isn't that the same for many other companies? You advertise something new with a few details hoping to get attention and some excitement going. Airlines do this all the time "Look at this new business class seat, coming.... in 2022". I'm sure over the next couple of months more will be revealed.
No, it's not remotely the same thing. Companies with new products are normally eager to share details about the features that their new product will have. Accor has said nothing of the new Diamond benefits. An airline advertising that new business class seat coming in 3 years, isn't actually selling tickets for it today. Yet, Accor is saying you need to be spending money at Accor now, to qualify for the new status next year, before even knowing what it will give you. Would it really be that difficult to give the details? I can only see upside and no downside to giving details, especially if you want people to actually spend money to try for it, unless of course the benefits are underwhelming.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:43 am

Now that we know the criteria for Diamond, and know that additional spending with Accor this year will make us eligible for next year, I also only see upside to providing the list of benefits now. It is still early enough in the year to qualify. If the benefits are enticing and meaningful then more people will spend more starting tomorrow rather than delaying and possibly spending elsewhere. Of course this does not affect those people whose regular travel patterns in normally expensive markets or predominantly Luxury brands already assure them of getting 26,000 Status Points no matter what. They won’t mind when the benefits are announced.

If the benefits for Diamond are not that enticing, or are the type of benefits that individual hotels can choose not to provide based on lack of availability or whatever, then that’s another story. Members would still have the option of qualifying for Platinum in their usual way, and then paying for Suites etc in Accor Luxury hotels like non-members when luxury is the aim, or else achieving status in one or more additional programmes if they suit individual circumstances.
CanadaDH likes this.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Mar 4, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:01 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
The goal of this program is supposed to encourage members to stay more. Personally I will stay more if benefits are there, but I won't if benefits are subpar relative to the competition. If they came out NOW to inform that 26k pts will give Diamond level and 4 suite upgrades for a stay up to max 5-7 nights (like Fairmont and Hyatt), then I will go out of my way to achieve Diamond at the expense of other hotel programs. But they better not wait too long because it's March already so if by the time they make it clear what the rules are and it's too late, then I won't shoot for anything at all.

And if they clarify that it's one suite night instead of a suite upgrade for an entire stay, then I am out of Accor, completely and immediately.

Until then, I am on hold and will have a few Accor stays here and there when convenient. Just enough to keep Diamond within striking distance but at some point it's in their best interest to give details ASAP.
CanadaDH and Easytravel like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Smile

I find this 2nd announcement showing a positive trend with ALL:
- new tier with added benefits (of course, we don't know them yet but we know it's additional benefits). This new tier (Diamond) is interesting to favor loyalty with Accor instead of going elsewhere once passed the Plat requalification threshold
- a new on-invitation tier, which is always useful for a company like Accor and which may benefit to some people considered key for the company
- a very welcome suite upgrade for Plats
- new ways to earn and spend points
- And one very important aspect, different than when other programs made changes : there is no devaluation of existing benefits for Silver/Gold/Plat ^

Something missing at that point and long awaited : Plat for life status ?
Easytravel likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:08 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
To correct some things here.

You can ONLY start working towards Diamond in 2020.

NOTHING that you work on now will give you Diamond on the 1st Jan 2020. The max is still Platinum.

You CAN get Diamond in 2020 the moment you have spent the equivalent of ~€11,500.

(Edit: incorrect info)

So there is no need for Accor to release any benefit information now. It would be nice, so you can start cozying up to Accor, but you will not have Diamond status on the 1st Jan 2020 so it doesn't matter.
clement7 likes this.

Last edited by gilbertaue; Mar 5, 2019 at 1:08 am
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
To correct some things here.

You can ONLY start working towards Diamond in 2020.

NOTHING that you work on now will give you Diamond on the 1st Jan 2020. The max is still Platinum.

You CAN get Diamond in 2020 the moment you have spent the equivalent of ~€11,500.

So there is no need for Accor to release any benefit information now. It would be nice, so you can start cozying up to Accor, but you will not have Diamond status on the 1st Jan 2020 so it doesn't matter.
The information on the Accor website seems contradictory / inconsistent.

"Status points earnt in 2019 will count for qualification of Diamond status in 2020" certainly sounds like it is possible to qualify for Diamond status based on spending in 2019.
tris06 and Kobetraveller like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:27 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The information on the Accor website seems contradictory / inconsistent.

"Status points earnt in 2019 will count for qualification of Diamond status in 2020" certainly sounds like it is possible to qualify for Diamond status based on spending in 2019.
I'll look into this
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I'll look into this
Thank you. If you are correct, and the website is wrong, then I agree that it is not so urgent to know the Diamond benefits .... but I still say the sooner the better.

On a personal note, I do wish that they had kept a nights requirement also for Diamond qualification. This is a business so a number that is profitable for them (100 - 150 nights or whatever ???) that would also benefit the cheaper brands in interesting regional places which do not provide a lot of Status Points due to the lower room rates. These brands could have their own Diamond benefits even though they do not have the facilities offered by Luxury and Premium brands. But that would just be my preference.

The spending criteria for Diamond is fine too and we can make our own decisions once we know the Diamond benefits.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Mar 4, 2019 at 5:43 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
26,000 status points is close to what I was thinking. And by Looking at our members it seems well placed level.

Surely I think it is clear enough 2019 status points will count towards diamond status. Pretty silly starting a program in 2020 when for the first few months no one will even have that shiny new Diamond card.

I think the biggest risk is or was for gold members to get reduced benefits. Maybe one diamond benefit could be implentation of worldwide complimentry breakfasts. 1 time complimentry use per stay of hotel's car service within a certain radius of the hotel (25kms?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.