Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The Sebel Residences - Melbourne Docklands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2020, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: All Diamond

Hi people just wondering if anyone had a contact email address for this place as they don't seem to want to respond from this one it seems ... [email protected]
Many thanks in advance
Old Jun 7, 2020, 4:00 am

Hi sycokid. Give them a call - in these times by phone, everything is quicker as hotels still handle many refunds.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 4:52 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Now that’s a property I won’t be heading back to anytime soon.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Privateupgrades
Hi sycokid. Give them a call - in these times by phone, everything is quicker as hotels still handle many refunds.
Personally I would rather have written confirmation for anything from ALL at the moment as opposed to verbal . If push comes to shove I may have to go down that road though !
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markis10
Now that’s a property I won’t be heading back to anytime soon.
Mmmmmmm , that doesn't sound too promising ! Any particular reason/reasons why may I ask ?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:42 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sycokid
Mmmmmmm , that doesn't sound too promising ! Any particular reason/reasons why may I ask ?
Been over a year since I stayed so keep that in mind, but I found the hotel very average service wise, and handicapped by a building of poor design, in Winter it might be OK as they have heaters in the bedrooms but in summer there was only air conditioning in the glass encased living area. That part of Melbourne has a very low occupancy rate which means most of the shops and cafes have come and gone as a result of little traffic, so it’s a ghost town.
Could be so much better.....
sycokid likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markis10
Been over a year since I stayed so keep that in mind, but I found the hotel very average service wise, and handicapped by a building of poor design, in Winter it might be OK as they have heaters in the bedrooms but in summer there was only air conditioning in the glass encased living area. That part of Melbourne has a very low occupancy rate which means most of the shops and cafes have come and gone as a result of little traffic, so it’s a ghost town.
Could be so much better.....
Thanks muchly for that
Old Jun 8, 2020, 4:55 am

you will get a written confirmation anyways - but calling speeds up things and brings you on priority
sycokid likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 9:08 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
I stayed at the Sebel Melbourne Docklands (not the Residences) last year. The room was decent enough, but nothing to write home about.

As markis10 said, it is a bit of a ghost town over there. The hotel itself is located close to the tram (in the free zone) and there are some restaurants nearby, but quite a few were closed.
sycokid likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.