Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:16 pm

got confirmation training start 1 okt
i asked several questions and they wil answer as soon they know
greetings
cornelis
Goldorak and hotel_user like this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I would love to have Accor+ worldwide. But I think many hotels in Europe and especially in France will commit suicide or will start massive protests when they will know that they have to give discounts to loyal customers in their restaurants

Discounts in France .... they already discount the two welcome drinks down to one

IMHO the prices charged in the hotels ( well the ones I have stayed at ) often seem to take into account the Accor Plus discount ( ie the prices are high ). However this has the effect of empty restaurants on a night.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA
Room Upgrades

Hi All,
Just found this forum whilst desperately trying to find the benefits for Diamond Status next year (could not quite believe it was only free weekend breakfast and a gold gift). I am currently Platinum but have around 34000 status points this year and will probably get too around 45000 by the end of the year so will comfortably qualify for Diamond. My question is even with Platinum I find I only get a room upgrade 50% of the time. I mostly travel in Europe so don't have the variety and stature of hotels in APAC but I rarely feel like I have been upgraded or treated any differently. Do you generally ask for an upgrade at booking in the comments section or just rely on them noticing you are Platinum? And if they have not upgraded you do you ask at check in? I do neither and wonder if I should be to get the small benefits I should be by after spending so much with ACCOR.
Cheers
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Joerp
Hi All,
Just found this forum whilst desperately trying to find the benefits for Diamond Status next year (could not quite believe it was only free weekend breakfast and a gold gift). I am currently Platinum but have around 34000 status points this year and will probably get too around 45000 by the end of the year so will comfortably qualify for Diamond. My question is even with Platinum I find I only get a room upgrade 50% of the time. I mostly travel in Europe so don't have the variety and stature of hotels in APAC but I rarely feel like I have been upgraded or treated any differently. Do you generally ask for an upgrade at booking in the comments section or just rely on them noticing you are Platinum? And if they have not upgraded you do you ask at check in? I do neither and wonder if I should be to get the small benefits I should be by after spending so much with ACCOR.
Cheers
Do you normally receive an apple 🍏 as welcome gift ? 😁
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Dav77
Do you normally receive an apple 🍏 as welcome gift ? 😁
hahaha. I’ve had those apples stay in my room my entire stay. Taunting me with their “this is all you get” look!
Dav77 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Joerp
hahaha. I’ve had those apples stay in my room my entire stay. Taunting me with their “this is all you get” look!
You are a true European Accor member then ! 😃

concerning your question, I think there are some asking for upgrade and some other not

i’m usually not asking during business trips (even because Novotels and Mercures rarely have suite in Italy). I’m usually more asking during leisure trips, because most of my leisure (and rewards) trips are in Asia at Sofitels or nice properties and a suite upgrade makes a difference.

but i’ve experienced that, asking or not, nothing change. If a property desire/can, you get it. If a property don’t want / can’t, you don’t get it
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If you stay in high brands (Pullman, MGallery, Sofitel), the upgrade rate is not bad usually. When you go down the scale, it’s really hit and miss, more on the miss side.
In many cases, they don’t tell you that you’ve been upgraded so you can guess by looking at room description on the website. When I am not upgraded, sometimes I challenge them, sometimes not as I am often tired to beg. I do it systematically if I don’t like the room.
hotel_user likes this.

Last edited by Goldorak; Oct 2, 2019 at 12:19 am
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:54 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Welcome Joerp!

I think you will laugh and cry when you read through our Accor threads. You have come to the right place to ask, seek advise and seek a shoulder to cry on.

We are all Apple Connoisseurs here by the way.

Unlike Goldorak, I'm not so nice. I always argue - unless the app shows that there is no room to upgrade into. My success rate in Europe is almost 100%.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:57 pm

Breakfast

The whole weekend breakfast thing confused me.

With either lounge access or free breakfast already, what is the relevance of free breakfast at weekends?

Any Accor I stay in gives me free breakfast any day of the week already in Asia Pacific with Platinum.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwimac99

Any Accor I stay in gives me free breakfast any day of the week already in Asia Pacific with Platinum.
While the Asia/Pacific is the centre of the universe it is not the entire universe. Your Platinum status does not get you a piece of toast on Mars
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
While the Asia/Pacific is the centre of the universe it is not the entire universe. Your Platinum status does not get you a piece of toast on Mars
That's helpful but I'm not sure it advanced the discussion or helped me understand why breakfast at weekends was a big deal.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:21 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

That's helpful but I'm not sure it advanced the discussion or helped me understand why breakfast at weekends was a big deal.
Free breakfast on weekend applies worldwide.

While it means nothing in Apac as Plats get that everyday, it is a little something for the rest of the world.

We all here agree though, that if you have Diamond, you should be getting free breakfast worldwide, any day of the week. Accor seems to not want that implemented.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Free breakfast on weekend applies worldwide.

While it means nothing in Apac as Plats get that everyday, it is a little something for the rest of the world.

We all here agree though, that if you have Diamond, you should be getting free breakfast worldwide, any day of the week. Accor seems to not want that implemented.
Ah. That's clearer.

I was told that the reason we get it in APAC is because not so many of the hotels have lounges.

I've not stayed in many outside the region as the other place I'd need them is the USA and they're pretty sparse there.

Is lounge access uncommon worldwide?

Certainly in APAC, there's literally no point to Diamond at all that I can see.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:24 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Ah. That's clearer.

I was told that the reason we get it in APAC is because not so many of the hotels have lounges.

I've not stayed in many outside the region as the other place I'd need them is the USA and they're pretty sparse there.

There are more lounges in Apac in Accor properties than anywhere else in the world. The reason, IMO, why they implemented it here is that the contracts signed with property owners in Apac are not as rigid as those in Europe. (Also, and this is my own opinion: Accor in APAC has a better connection with property owners than in other regions - so implementing new changes is easier).

Dollar for Dollar, the breakfasts in Europe for example are more expensive than in Asia. Someone needs to foot the bill. Though you can argue that there is upside to retaining a Diamond member by offering him/her free Breakfast daily, you need to first reason with a Novotel owner in the middle of nowhere in France that it is the right thing to do.
Goldorak and hotel_user like this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Ah. That's clearer.

There are way too few Accor properties in Europe that have a lounge. Even the Sofitels have few lounges. The breakfast would be a good benefit, for the money invested in Accor for Diamond status, but as said above, Accor will now only give it for a weekend stay. Even lowly Hilton Gold give a free breakfast worldwide to everyone in the booked room. Diamond status needs to have some hard aspirational level benefit(s) for people to aim for it, or it is just a missed opportunity (again).

The Accor Website does list hotels with lounge access. Can not find the link, but it is still there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.