Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nkob
free drink vouchers is for 2 persons
Not always, not everywhere
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:02 pm

i know goldorak
so far i got 2 sometimes 2 extra
start 2020 give more information about how hotels think about ALL
greetings
cornelis
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by R2
The issue is these certs - as they have been communicated - is that they are for one night each. This makes them much less worthy than if they were for a stay (with a max nights limit say 5 or 7). This also makes them uncompetitive with the benefits other hotel programs offer to their top tier members.
The other program I'm familiar with SNA would Marriott Bonvoy. Unfortunately I have no experience with Hilton's and Hyatt's program so I wont comment on that.

At Marriott their SNA also good for 1 night. and for 50 and 75 nights stay you have the opportunity to get 5 SNA respectively with the total of 10 SNA / year.
There are no spend requirements for this so 75 nights stays at $35/ night will still net Bonvoyed people their SNA
Unfortunately the SNA is not guaranteed on booking. Their system supposedly check the availability of the selected suites/rooms from 5 days before arrival up to 2pm a day before arrival.
And also, not all properties participate in this.

What I can see from ALL, you can earn up to 12 / year which equal to 54000 status point (Around $24000 spending)
ALL also mentioned Booked in advance, guaranteed, which I assume that SNA can be requested at booking and it should be guaranteed.
Obviously we need further information on where this SNA can be used, and what room/suite this SNA clears into.

I agree the cost for SNA is on the high side, however if it works as promoted (guaranteed in advance) then it still fair enough.

Unfortunately, Accor upgrade policy is only for the next category room/suite, which is weaker than Bonvoy's upgrade to the best available room including select suites.
Granted, most of my upgrade at Bonvoy is just one category upgrade so far although I do have received much better upgrade up to hotel's specialty suites on few occasion.
So Bonvoyed people got (supposedly) higher chance to get their suite upgrades without using SNA.

And for other Diamond benefit, I have to say the offer is quite weak even though I would guess hotel supposedly treat Diamonds better but its not written on paper so most likely will be based on each properties policy.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I don't fully agree to that as some people (employees for example) stay in one specific property for maybe 100 / 125 / 180 days in one year due to their job.
These are not loyal customers and are not the type of clientele Accor is aiming Diamond at.

​​​​​​
I get what you mean by companies just putting their staff in an Accor hotel for Long Stays due it being in a convenient location rather than the employees themselves being particularly loyal to Accor Hotels.

This “battle” was lost back in February, it seems. I am resigned to the fact that Accor simply wants Diamond guests who amass 26,000 Status Points irrespective of whether they stay 20 nights, or go out of their way to spend 200 nights per year in Accor hotels (not forced by their company).

But I am still disappointed that there is only one pathway. I have said before that I understand that Loyalty programmes are businesses to generate additional revenue. Accor could have set a profitable number of nights to achieve Diamond even if the particular guest only stayed in Ibis hotels and then received appropriate Ibis brand standard Diamond benefits.

Anyway, this is not to be.

Certainly I wouldn’t mind so much if staying in Premium and Luxury properties automatically meant more fun, better service, efficiency and management. But in my experience smaller, cheaper hotels with no marble floors and expensive artwork can offer me a far more enjoyable Stay providing they have excellent, loyalty focused GMs etc. But staying in lovely non-Premium/Luxury hotels with cheaper rates in Southeast Asia make it quite difficult to amass 26,000 points while some Premium and Luxury brand properties may have better hardware but poor customer service (personalised attention) due to poor management or insufficient staff or a few rather useless staff in key positions.

I am staying with Accor (Grand Mercure) at the moment and am still keeping an open mind for next year due to recent on the ground experiences despite the new ALL Award chart that makes Diamond look quite useless, especially if based in APAC.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I'm not going to argue for or against the decision to make Diamond solely a revenue qualification, and whether one type of customer is more valuable to them, but if Accor had a system where you could earn Platinum with 60 nights and Diamond at 100 (rounding down, since 60 x (26,000/14,000) = 111), do you honestly think anybody would be motivated to spend an additional 40 nights with Accor beyond Platinum qualification (or even half that many), just to get 100 Euros worth of dining certificates? Since we're talking about someone qualifying on nights and not spend, they're not even getting the additional suite upgrade nights beyond the 2 that come with Platinum qualification. Who would ever do that? If you had 100 nights to spend somewhere, you'd get far better value getting status with some other chain. Unless Accor comes out with an announcement of some additional Diamond benefits which actually have some value, there is no incremental benefit to staying any nights beyond 60. I still maintain Diamond isn't worth it when qualifying on points. But on nights, there's even less reason to want to achieve it.
Hi canadaDH, I am talking about tiers of membership level apart from the benefit of diamond. with current benefit I definitely agree with you not much people will going down that route. my opinion is that its only fair to introduce nights qualification together with diamond level not make it only revenue based, and if Accor give the right benefits definitely it will bring revenue to them.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:54 pm

classic 25
silver 31
gold 37
platinum 44
Diamond 51/52
rewards points for 10 euro
gives you extra 15600/18200 points worth 320/360 euros at 260000 status points
but the amount of points needed for diamond it should be more then 52 points for 10 euro
A way for accor to give extra for diamond tier
greetings
cornelis

Last edited by nkob; Sep 6, 2019 at 11:57 pm Reason: counting
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller

This “battle” was lost back in February, it seems. I am resigned to the fact that Accor simply wants Diamond guests who amass 26,000 Status Points irrespective of whether they stay 20 nights, or go out of their way to spend 200 nights per year in Accor hotels (not forced by their company).

https://www.phocuswire.com/AccorHotels-shines-a-light-on-its-revenue-management-approach-to-luxury
At the time of publication Accor has, give-or-take, 4300 hotels globally. Of these, just 210 are luxury hotels that fall under the Fairmont, Raffles and Sofitel umbrella, and yet they contribute over 40% of the global business volumes. “For every one luxury hotel, we get the same fees generated for roughly 17 economy hotels,”
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by nrouxel
https://www.phocuswire.com/AccorHotels-shines-a-light-on-its-revenue-management-approach-to-luxury
At the time of publication Accor has, give-or-take, 4300 hotels globally. Of these, just 210 are luxury hotels that fall under the Fairmont, Raffles and Sofitel umbrella, and yet they contribute over 40% of the global business volumes. “For every one luxury hotel, we get the same fees generated for roughly 17 economy hotels,”

A very interesting article. Thank you for posting.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nrouxel
“For every one luxury hotel, we get the same fees generated for roughly 17 economy hotels,”
More fees do not imply more profits (or a higher profit margin).

I know in Europe, ibis hotels have among the highest margins among Accor brands.

Obv, managers like to talk up revenues. More revenues (provided a certain minimum margin is achieved or exceeded) -> they manage a bigger business, have more responsibility -> better chance for the manager to move up the ladder.

So I think we should take such statements with a grain of salt.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:33 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
- We would like worldwide all week free breakfast.
- We would like suite upgrade certs which cover not a night but a min of 3 or 5 nights.

What else would we want from Diamond?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:29 am

free shutle from and to airport
let the different chains so as pulman /sofitell /fairmont offer something nice
possibility to change welcome drink vouchers in points
greetings
cornelis
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
- We would like suite upgrade certs which cover not a night but a min of 3 or 5 nights.

I would like some flexibility in the use of the certs. If the certs are intended to confirm just an entry level junior suite when booking a base room rate, I would like the ability to perhaps pay for next category room up, and get next category suite, and so on (and not just at the hotel's discretion)... I don't generally stay in entry suites, so I would need that to make them at all useful for me. I'm happy to pay that additional co-pay to get that further upgrade, but such flexibility is a nice way to reward a loyal guest that doesn't necessarily cost them much or anything.

Originally Posted by nkob
free shutle from and to airport

That could be tricky. Some of the hotels I stay at are 2 hours from the nearest airport. Airport shuttle is nice, but that might need some sort of geographic limit, such as 'on all city properties', or something similar, to be fair to more distant hotels.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:46 am

i didnt thought about that
limited is good idear
hotels can offcourse after booking make a individual offer
greetings
cornelis
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:26 am

2 or more pieces daily free laundry. Some hotels already do it.

Evening Amenity .... doesn’t need to be too flash ... brand appropriate .... small chocolate or fruit plate whatever ..... just as a small sign of recognition .... effort depending on hotel brand
gilbertaue likes this.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Sep 7, 2019 at 8:50 am
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:54 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller

2 or more pieces daily free laundry. Some hotels already do it.

Evening Amenity .... doesn’t need to be too flash ... brand appropriate .... small chocolate or fruit plate whatever ..... just as a small sign of recognition .... effort depending on hotel brand
MORE apples?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.