FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1957383-all-accor-live-limitless-replace-le-club-2020-a.html)

Fyd Feb 21, 2019 7:45 pm

Considering how much Accor has invested in non-hotel businesses, experiences, restaurants, etc, I think it was to be expected that they also reflect that in the rewards program - and I welcome the opportunity for more chances to earn/redeem points or receive perks.
It will be interesting to see how the "new level" is handled. Platinum already requires 60 nights - and how this will be handled going forward. It seems to me, that you could earn the new (Titanium? lol) status in 2020 for the 2021 year. It would be hardly fair to tell you at the end of 2019 that you missed the requirements for the new top level...
It'll be also interesting to see what they will do about the benefits. Certainly, there is plenty of room, ie Suite upgrades, free breakfast, etc., but I fear that Accor LeClub Platinum members in Asia will loose - we already receive breakfast and lounge access at hotels across Asia today.. I wouldn't be surprised if these features will become global - but for the new tier...
Sadly, the poor IT performance appears to continue as usual: Despite multiple attempts, all I got on the promotion site was the accor turkey and the ALL logo. It took more than 10 attempts to actually display the little information they are willing to share at this time...sigh... I will celebrate the day they decide to invest into more IT capabilities - instead of fancy marketing fluff...

tenn_ace Feb 21, 2019 10:19 pm

It took 3 attempts to open the link 😉 few minutes of my life I will never get back.

here is is to a “great” start 🤣

winkny Feb 22, 2019 1:07 am

Maybe they are realized that they destroyed the program so better start from scratch then fix it.
And now after endless enhancements even the promotion you are registered did not post.( I am still waiting 2500 pts from such a promotion.)
So i think the new program will be a good thing with the famous accor IT incompetence we can expect only good things for the first 1-2 years.

Dav77 Feb 22, 2019 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 30806977)
It would take a miraculous change for me to really want to invest my hotel stays into Accor. There's something about the brand I just do not like, and the current programme is just dreadful. My small flirtation with Accor led to me leaving quickly and once a client is lost it is difficult to get that client back again. I'm surprised many of these companies don't wake up to this.

I won’t say the correct program is dreadful. I think it depends how it’s used and where.

I’ve always found it better than others, on earning and spending points. Of course it’s only a point of view and it’s plenty of things to be managed and changed.

Vasco Feb 22, 2019 1:54 am

My two cents: The only reason for the annoucement right now is to try to take some of the wind from the sails of Marriott Bonvoy. It's February, and many of us have lost status/gained status and are possibly making decisions on where to concentrate our spending, nights and flights for the next 10 months. There's a lot about Marriott Bonvoy right now, and this is just Accor making some noise and saying, "Nous aussi! Nous avons aussi un nouveau programme!!!"

kaizen7 Feb 22, 2019 1:58 am

Problem is Accor never tell us what would be the qualification requirements and benefit.
Before those 2 are known, hard for member to plan their stay.

i would keep using marriott for the time being as I know what to aim and what to get.

Might even skip accor for this year as there are degree of uncertainty on what I should expect.

Dav77 Feb 22, 2019 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Vasco (Post 30808474)
My two cents: The only reason for the annoucement right now is to try to take some of the wind from the sails of Marriott Bonvoy. It's February, and many of us have lost status/gained status and are possibly making decisions on where to concentrate our spending, nights and flights for the next 10 months. There's a lot about Marriott Bonvoy right now, and this is just Accor making some noise and saying, "Nous aussi! Nous avons aussi un nouveau programme!!!"

completely agree.

starflyergold Feb 22, 2019 2:05 am

There's a lot about Marriott Bonvoy right now, and this is just Accor making some noise and saying, "Nous aussi! Nous avons aussi un nouveau programme!!!"

Maybe, though even Accor would have noticed that a lot of Bonvoy noise at the moment isn't exactly positive....

Kobetraveller Feb 22, 2019 2:28 am

There may be at least a couple of regular, very long time Accor loyalists in FT who seem to be able to communicate directly with very senior Accor people.

It would be great if you could get the message to them that announcing day one of the new programme, and the criteria/benefits for the new tier above Platinum would be really useful, and may encourage additional bookings this year if there is an incentive. Otherwise, looking at some of the reactions here, Accor may lose bookings this year due to uncertainty and skepticism.

chrism20 Feb 22, 2019 3:22 am

I think they would have been better investing time and money sorting out the absolutely woeful customer service before launching any new programme. That really needs to be priority one as trying to get a resolution on anything is like swimming in quicksand.

Concerto Feb 22, 2019 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Dav77 (Post 30808428)

I won’t say the correct program is dreadful. I think it depends how it’s used and where.

I’ve always found it better than others, on earning and spending points. Of course it’s only a point of view and it’s plenty of things to be managed and changed.

I think that's true enough. The trouble is, an Accor point is worth 2 Eurocents and this is irrespective of how many or how few points you have got. So there is nothing to aspire towards. Only status, perhaps.

Dav77 Feb 22, 2019 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 30808819)
I think that's true enough. The trouble is, an Accor point is worth 2 Eurocents and this is irrespective of how many or how few points you have got. So there is nothing to aspire towards. Only status, perhaps.

i think is most relevant the % of point Payback you receive for each stay

100€ at platinum level give you 440 points (8.80 € / 8.80%)

There are often (I would say “very” often, depending on country) promo x2/x3/X4 points,

x2 points promo give you 690 points (13.80 € / 13.80%)

x3 points promo give you 940 points (18.80 € / 18.80%)

x4 points promo give you 1190 points 23.80 € / 23.80%)

For me is interesting how many points I can get in one year, considering the amount of expenses.

I don’t have a lot of experience on other hotel chain program, for what I can see with Marriot starting from this year, payback is higher if without a bonus points offer ...

i have done these counts for myself to understand my convenience:

if I compare a 1 night stay, considering same level (Platinum with 50% bonus points and 500 welcome bonus points x stay),

on 100€ I get 2.000 points (excluding promotions)

if I take an hotel level 5 at Marriot ( assuming an average cost 200 € x night ) it costs 35.000 points x night (regular season).

It means to spend 17.5 nights (100€ x night ) to have 1 free night

with accor, excluding promotions, to get a free night at a 200€ hotel I need to spend 22.5 nights

but, what I can see, having my paying stay mainly in Italy, is that at Accors there are really much more points promotion than at Marriotts...

starting from Genuary, I was only be able to get some stays at Marriot with the end of megabonus promotion, and I was able to get ALL my accor stays with at least x2 bonus points (some x3 and some X4)

so on my side and on this point of view ...Accor wins

surely what above is to be managed step by step, country by country and case by case ... and I could also have been not so accurate, but at the end each one see what works better for him.

The variables are too much, it depends when and where one wants to redeem free nights and when and where needs to sleep as paying guest (and if he pays or his company pays ...)

tris06 Feb 22, 2019 5:44 am

I just had an idea...And to be honest I think it would be a good way to make extra money by enticing those very loyal long term customers.

I wondered how good it would be to reward those members with with a long term membership of over 3,5 or 7 yrs of continous elite membership to be automatically lifted to 1 rank higher to show off their new benefits and entice those members to spend more?

So for example if a member had platinium membership continously for 5 years with Accor (top level Fairmont and etc included) and never dropped down to gold for a year could be rewarded with the new highest level.

If those are currently gold and never fell below gold in 5 yrs could be granted the new plat for 12 months. And you get the same for silver to gold. Classic is not elite so no reward.

Also there is a chance that they may change tier levels slightly.

I don't know if I see the new premium tier being placed any higher than 30,000 status points and more likely at 20,000-25,000 status points.

Maybe some will hate me for suggesting this idea but it could be that the new premium level will be the only tier that gets any added benefits.

Plus many members complained recently about Accor never rewarding those with even 10yrs plus top status which I think they have a valid point.

NickB Feb 22, 2019 5:57 am

My two cents: The only reason for the annoucement right now is to try to take some of the wind from the sails of Marriott Bonvoy.

I doubt it. I do not think that Accor regards Marriott as their most significant competitor. Both groups have a very different distribution of properties. Marriott is strong in North America but weak in Europe. Accor is the reverse. They have comparable numbers of properties in South America and MEA but these represent a small proportion of the overall portfolio of both groups.
I would have thought that IHG would be a much more significant competitor for Accor than Marriott.

starflyergold Feb 22, 2019 6:03 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 30808959)
I doubt it. I do not think that Accor regards Marriott as their most significant competitor. Both groups have a very different distribution of properties. Marriott is strong in North America but weak in Europe. Accor is the reverse. They have comparable numbers of properties in South America and MEA but these represent a small proportion of the overall portfolio of both groups.
I would have thought that IHG would be a much more significant competitor for Accor than Marriott.

They do consider all three: Marriott, IHG and Hilton:

Bazin (Accor CEO) said he will spend 99.9 percent of his time to build “teams, brands, loyalty.”
It irks him that competitors such as Marriott, Hilton, and InterContinental Hotels Group get between 40 and 60 percent of bookings from their loyalty programs while Accor attracts just 30 percent. Those chains also earn partnership revenue of $250 million to $600 million, while Accor generates only $6 million.
https://skift.com/2019/02/21/accor-r...yalty-program/