Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Probably (or not) the best Mercure in the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Probably (or not) the best Mercure in the World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I think some people have forgotten why we opt to stay in a chain property. I for one would chose an ibis over a non Accor 4* property if a town only had an ibis as part of Accor.

Why? Because I know what I'm getting.

Most. Of. The. Time.

And herein lies the proplem. Properties like this which do not conform to a set standard because the owner is too cheap to renovate and in some countries AccorHotels STILL does not have power over their contracts to kick out rogue properties.

I'd be unhappy too if I faced a property such as this - because that is not what a Mercure should be.
i’m agree. But consider also that this is a “new” mercure since last year. Until last year it was independent hotel, so I think it means some people from Accor have checked this hotel before to let them put out Mercure emblem.

Now, i’m quite sure 98% guests of this hotel are usually non- Accor Member and probably they don’t know what is mercure and what is Accor ...

but if a “new” guest has to make an idea of Mercure staying at this hotel ...God save Mercure !

gilbertaue and hotel_user like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
DYKWISW = do you know where I stayed worse? 😁
Dav77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.