Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

New or newly renovated European hotels, recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

For me, the new 7.5k bonus points promo seems like a good opportunity to book a few weekend breaks for the Spring. We do enjoy newish/recently updated hotels. So I'm wondering if you can recommend me some recently-opened or renovated Accor properties in Europe?

For the record, I did check the new hotel openings thread and it seems many hotels in there haven't opened just yet. I also check Accor's "Open yourself up to new horizons" promo (quadruple points for select new properties) semi-regularly. But from that, it seems the majority of Accor's recent openings in Europe are either ibis styles or Mercure hotels. But I'm more interested in Novotel and up.

tl;dr Looking for hotel recommendations for city/weekend trips in Europe. Newish properties from Novotel, Pullman, MGallery, Swissotel and Sofitel brands preferred. Destination-wise, we're open-minded.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
That’s ok then ...you can avoid to come in Italy 😃

But in case you are so brave to do it, these are the best/new/newly renovated Accor Hotels in Italy

north of italy

-MGallery Milano
-Novotel Milano Linate
-Novotel Brescia (more or less ...)
-2 Mgallerys Venezia

center Italy

-MGallery Livorno
-Mercure Viareggio

south of Italy

-Mercure Catania
-MGallery Napoli
-MGallery Roma
-Mercure Bari

you can’t consider all the other hotels ...since they are the “classic” old and not valuable Mercures and Novotels in Italy that would need to be burned and built again as new to be decent for the price you pay
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:15 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
My brother is Gold with Accor and was fairly impressed with Raffles in WAW. Was upgraded to junior suite. Great hard product. Soft product was OKsh. But as a brand new hotel employees are still in the learning process (I guess).
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Sofitel Frankfurt Opera
(Frankfurt/Main, Germany)
Just stayed here two nights
Very chic new hotel, cool bar with good cocktails (Lili´s), restaurant with fine cuisine (Schönemann)
Hippest luxury hotel in Frankfurt, ultra centrally located
Gold: Room upgrade, one bar voucher per guest (e.g. glass of Veuve Clicquot), late check-out on request
FlyerTalker78341 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by Dav77
That’s ok then ...you can avoid to come in Italy 😃

But in case you are so brave to do it, these are the best/new/newly renovated Accor Hotels in Italy

north of italy

-MGallery Milano
-Novotel Milano Linate
-2 Mgallerys Venezia

center Italy

-MGallery Livorno
-Mercure Viareggio

south of Italy

-Mercure Catania
-MGallery Napoli
-MGallery Roma
-Mercure Bari

you can’t consider all the other hotels ...since they are the “classic” old and not valuable Mercures and Novotels in Italy that would need to be burned and built again as new to be decent for the price you pay
Going to Italy for 2 weeks, this would certainly come in handy. Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Juntima
Going to Italy for 2 weeks, this would certainly come in handy. Thanks!
you are welcome !

If i can suggest you anything else (restaurant / things to do-see), just let me know what cities you are going to visit

and enjoy our poor and bad country ! 😃
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum

you are welcome !

If i can suggest you anything else (restaurant / things to do-see), just let me know what cities you are going to visit

and enjoy our poor and bad country ! 😃
I certainly need advise regarding the trip. Thanks a lot for your offering. Might I pm you then?
Though Italy is definitely not a poor and bad country, otherwise I would not make an effort to fly to Europe only to visit this and only country
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Juntima
I certainly need advise regarding the trip. Thanks a lot for your offering. Might I pm you then?
Though Italy is definitely not a poor and bad country, otherwise I would not make an effort to fly to Europe only to visit this and only country
of course you can PM. It’s a pleasure
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
A new MGallery is set to open in Kraków, it should be a solid choice for luxury experience seekers. Raffles and Sofitel Warsaw have consistently been raking up good reviews, I actually believe the Sofitel is a better value for money, but the Raffles has a more exclusive air.

MGallery Budapest is another great value-for-money proposal, with exemplary service. Don't expect much in terms of views or gastronomy though, and forget the top-tier suite - the Blaha Lujza suite is much nicer.

Sofitel Vienna, recently upgraded to "SO", is a one-of-a-kind experience - even if you don't decide to splurge on staying there, go for lunch, dinner (reservations required with a solid headway!) or drinks at least. The Mercure Vienna Raphael has been completely refurbished recently and Platinum members can count on a terrace room of their choice, which is enough to put many Sofitels and Pullmans to shame both in terms of size, appointment and views (choose the theatre side!), and so is their breakfast. Prices are unexplicably low, so take advantage while you can. Not far away from Hauptbahnhof, so you can arrive by train from BUD and do a Habsburg tour (or from MUC, SZG or anyplace else in Central Europe), or take advantage of the new option of taking a long-distance train from the airport to Hbf if arriving by air.

Pullman Liverpool may be the last new Pullman added in Europe, and it is a solid conference hotel, and has a lounge, albeit a windowless one with very limited selection of complimentary foods or snacks. Rooms on Executive Floor are quite impressive and luxurious though, and the city itself is one of the "best-kept secret" destinations in Europe.

Pullman Brussels has had some recent renovations and still holds up well. It is a perfect base for weekend getaways - the Brussels one is literally AT the train station with trains departing to each and every destination in Belgium plus Paris and the big cities of Holland being within 2h on express trains.

I wouldn't necessarily consider Novotels to be above Mercures - the actual new ones (Mercures), not conversions, as well as majorly refurbishments to Accor-operated properties are a whole class above what you might expect. Apart from the abovementione Mercure Vienna Raphael, Mercure Kraków is a good example.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JTCz
A new MGallery is set to open in Kraków, it should be a solid choice for luxury experience seekers. Raffles and Sofitel Warsaw have consistently been raking up good reviews, I actually believe the Sofitel is a better value for money, but the Raffles has a more exclusive air.

MGallery Budapest is another great value-for-money proposal, with exemplary service. Don't expect much in terms of views or gastronomy though, and forget the top-tier suite - the Blaha Lujza suite is much nicer.

Sofitel Vienna, recently upgraded to "SO", is a one-of-a-kind experience - even if you don't decide to splurge on staying there, go for lunch, dinner (reservations required with a solid headway!) or drinks at least. The Mercure Vienna Raphael has been completely refurbished recently and Platinum members can count on a terrace room of their choice, which is enough to put many Sofitels and Pullmans to shame both in terms of size, appointment and views (choose the theatre side!), and so is their breakfast. Prices are unexplicably low, so take advantage while you can. Not far away from Hauptbahnhof, so you can arrive by train from BUD and do a Habsburg tour (or from MUC, SZG or anyplace else in Central Europe), or take advantage of the new option of taking a long-distance train from the airport to Hbf if arriving by air.

Pullman Liverpool may be the last new Pullman added in Europe, and it is a solid conference hotel, and has a lounge, albeit a windowless one with very limited selection of complimentary foods or snacks. Rooms on Executive Floor are quite impressive and luxurious though, and the city itself is one of the "best-kept secret" destinations in Europe.

Pullman Brussels has had some recent renovations and still holds up well. It is a perfect base for weekend getaways - the Brussels one is literally AT the train station with trains departing to each and every destination in Belgium plus Paris and the big cities of Holland being within 2h on express trains.

I wouldn't necessarily consider Novotels to be above Mercures - the actual new ones (Mercures), not conversions, as well as majorly refurbishments to Accor-operated properties are a whole class above what you might expect. Apart from the abovementione Mercure Vienna Raphael, Mercure Kraków is a good example.
Thanks for this. It is giving me new ideas for future stays ^
And I fully agree with your last paragraph.
JTCz likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
The Fairmont in Istanbul is very new, which I think only opened just under 2 years ago. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the location, since it's more in the business/shopping district of the city and I prefer to be over on the Bosphorus, but the photos look very nice and it has gotten some very good reviews. Prices are very reasonable.

If you want to consider historic properties that have been renovated, but in a style that maintains their historic charm, my two favourites in Europe (that meet the criteria of being recently renovated) are the Savoy in London and Raffles Le Royal Monceau in Paris. Both offer fantastic locations. I stayed at the Savoy shortly after they reopened from their big renovation, and it was beautifully done, and I've been back a couple of times since. It's been a couple years since I stayed at Le Royal Monceau, but have been a number of times and never had a bad stay there. Both places are renovated, but they're certainly not modern.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Feb 15, 2019 at 12:54 pm
Old May 30, 2019, 4:16 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
That’s ok then ...you can avoid to come in Italy ��

north of italy

-MGallery Milano
-Novotel Milano Linate
-2 Mgallerys Venezia

center Italy

-MGallery Livorno
-Mercure Viareggio

south of Italy

-Mercure Catania
-MGallery Napoli
-MGallery Roma
-Mercure Bari

Do have any experiences or recommendations on Accor hotels in Florence? Mercure and MGallery looks pretty fresh.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Do have any experiences or recommendations on Accor hotels in Florence? Mercure and MGallery looks pretty fresh.
Mgallery i’m Sure it’s very good option. Never have been at Mercure.

when I stay near Florence for business, my Accor Option is Novotel Airport. Executive rooms at 2 top floors have been renewed recently and very nice, new Novotel style. But it’s really far from city center
Old May 30, 2019, 6:50 am

MGallery Florence is nice but not quite new or newly renovated. (The property is still in very good shape, though. I'd estimate the last renovation was 3-4 years ago.)

Novotel Wroclaw Centrum is freshly renovated. It's an above-average Novotel--I highly recommend it!
Old May 30, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by lipsum
MGallery Florence is nice but not quite new or newly renovated. (The property is still in very good shape, though. I'd estimate the last renovation was 3-4 years ago.)
More than 5 years ago, at least.

And, last minute information, seems they have some internal problem about several employees have been recently fired (at concierge and f&b) to use external agency workers.

Except that, it’s a very nice property and not expensive on his segment, considering the hotel rates in Florence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.