Ibis Business card expiration

Old Jan 24, 19, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), Accor Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Ibis Business card expiration

My Ibis Business card expires on 31st January. If I book something for February with the discount, what happens at the hotel?
Old Jan 27, 19, 6:20 pm

Programs: Accor
As far as I know, you will be presented the walk in rate, since you are not Ibis Biz anymore.
Old Jan 29, 19, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
Related question; is the LCAH Gold status downgraded on expiry of the Ibis Business Card or on the expiry date of the LCAH card?
Old Jan 29, 19, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), Accor Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph View Post
Related question; is the LCAH Gold status downgraded on expiry of the Ibis Business Card or on the expiry date of the LCAH card?
At least it shows that it only expires at the end of the year. I'll report back in February.
Old Jan 29, 19, 3:28 am

How is the sales condition written?
If it says "This rate and the associated terms and conditions only apply if the card is currently valid" then I think it's the status you hold when booking that counts, at least this was the answer Amy gave out for another question (about gold guaranteed room rate).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30456103-post12.html
schauschun likes this.
Old Feb 11, 19, 7:39 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: Le Club AccorHotels
Dear members,

I confirm you that the ibis BUSINESS card has to be valid during the stay to beneficiate from the discount granted by the card.
Moreover, Gold status will be calculated on December 31 following the expiration of the ibis BUSINESS card. Le Club AccorHotels card has no lifespan whereas the status associated to this card is recalculated at the end of the calendar year.

I hope that I have answered to all your questions.

Kind regards,
Amy
Old Feb 11, 19, 3:33 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge View Post
Dear members,

I confirm you that the ibis BUSINESS card has to be valid during the stay to beneficiate from the discount granted by the card.
Moreover, Gold status will be calculated on December 31 following the expiration of the ibis BUSINESS card. Le Club AccorHotels card has no lifespan whereas the status associated to this card is recalculated at the end of the calendar year.

I hope that I have answered to all your questions.

Kind regards,
Amy
Just try to book a room without ibis business card discount, the site will modify all rate to ibis Business rates so you will have no option to book any ibis hotel without the ibis Business discount.
This is just one of the endless IT problems Accor have and dont want to fix.
Old Feb 11, 19, 3:56 pm

These ibis Business card are just one more accor non sense.
If you want to make a reservation for let say Jan 1 and you want to make the reservation Nov 1 you cant, you have to buy your membership when you make the reservation ( Nov 1 ) and no when you stay.
So you lose two months from your membership. But then if you want to use your discount in Dec ( when your card is still valid) for Jan 2 you still cant. So you lose two months from your validity in the beginning and one month at the end of your membership year.
So every one who buy these card actually pay for 12 months but use them 8-10 months. Unless you buy the card and use it always for the same or next day reservation and never use it to make advance reservations ( more then week in advance).
Old Feb 11, 19, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
What constitutes the nonsense IMHO, is to give LCAH gold status (i.e. the 2nd highest status) for...90€. They could eventually give Silver, but not Gold.
Old Feb 12, 19, 12:57 am

i dont think any status in Accor have any value except platinum and only if you stay in Asia.
Go in Pulman ,Sofitel or Novotel in Europe and you will may get some upgrade to worse room then you book.
Non of the hotels there have a lounge or offer free breakfast, or and yes you will get some extra points in case they post.
So 90 euro for worthless gold status is to much money.

Search this Thread