Novotel Zurich City West (Zürich)

Old Jan 21, 19, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor & Marriott Platinum (former IHG Rewards Plat Ambassador)
Novotel Zurich City West (Zürich)

Anyone stayed here in the last year and can report ?
Does this hotel have a lounge ?

Official hotel webpage:

https://www.accorhotels.com/de/hotel...st/index.shtml

Address:

Schiffbaustrasse 13
Am Turbinenplatz
8005 ZURICH
SWITZERLAND
Old Mar 6, 19, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor & Marriott Platinum (former IHG Rewards Plat Ambassador)
Have not stayed at this hotel yet...but have recently stayed at the ibis zurich west which is in the same exact building as this novotel (different entrance). I am copy/pasting the location information so it can help people decide if it suits their needs.

Novotel Zurich City West is not central, but is located within the inner transport zone (110 zone) of Zurich, so if you buy a day ticket for the inner city you can go back & forth here without paying extra. Tram stop is just around the corner and goes/comes directly to/from Zurich main train station (Journey takes about 15 minutes and covers around 10 tram stops). To get here from the main train station take tram number 4 in the direction of "Bahnhof Altstetten Nord" and get out at the station called "Technopark". As far as I could see tram number 4 is the only tram that goes this route.

S-bahn train station Zurich Hardbrucke is also somewhere nearby. It's a station where 9 different S-bahn lines pass through including line S16 which goes to/from the airport. I did not attempt walking to Hardbrucke station so I have no idea how long it would take, or it's feasible to do with luggage. If you are going to/coming from the airport, I would still recommend going through Zurich main train station first, for an easier journey (especially wth luggage). Also, from the main train station you'll have many more trains going to/from the airport, than the one single S-bahn line going from Hardbrucke.

Search this Thread