Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

1 person occupancy more expensive than 2 person

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver

I am trying to booking the Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit for 30th Jan - 1 Feb
I am Accor Plus Platinum and there is red hot room deals for these dates
Choosing
1 person occupancy on the deluxe room gives me a price of $271.12 SGD for 2 nights
2 person occupancy on the deluxe room gives me a price of $262.64 SGD for 2 nights

Have we been cheated by the Accor system for solo travlers again?

Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
tested, got the same result like you.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Thats interesting!
So better check both single and double rate and book the cheapest ... afterall there are no reason for a hotel to complains if a room reserved for 2 yet only 1 person staying.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
yeah, its a really strange thing. I would understand if it was the opposite which is not uncommon for many of the hotels in Bangkok from what I understand.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by theaugbunnies
yeah, its a really strange thing. I would understand if it was the opposite which is not uncommon for many of the hotels in Bangkok from what I understand.
Never actually seen hotels in Thailand adding a 2nd person surcharge. Which do you refer to?

I have encountered 2nd person surcharge just in two countries: Japan and India.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:15 am

If Accor does give an incentive programme for me to report bugs in its IT system, I can retire early.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by coolhead
If Accor does give an incentive programme for me to report bugs in its IT system, I can retire early.
Pointless for them. Bugs are reported for free, yet company doesn't feel any need to fix those.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Never actually seen hotels in Thailand adding a 2nd person surcharge. Which do you refer to?

I have encountered 2nd person surcharge just in two countries: Japan and India.
I cannot remember exactly but it was not an Accor properties. It was a Marriott, SPG or Hilton. For Japan, 2nd person surcharge is quite common especially if you book direct for the local hotels.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Saw also a rant about this on loyaltylobby on the st regis Bangkok

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/02/14/...ts-include-it/
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:24 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
tested, got the same result like you.
Dear members,

Thank you for reaching out this issue on the website.
Could you please share with me some screenshots, your geolocalisation and language of the website, so that I can report this anomaly to our IT service and solve the issue?

Thank you for your help and your patience.

Best regards,
Amy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.