Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2019 master thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
__________________________________________________ _
Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:

Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2019 master thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:31 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EcotoneHR
Thank you, Goldorak! You are both very kind! I'm sorry, I wasn't allowed to reply earlier, as I was only allowed 5 posts in 24 hours ))
Welcome to the friendliest forum on FT.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Great review. I know that the newish style of open bathrooms with just a window or such can feel exposed but it does give a more spacious feeling. That way hotels can either pack more rooms in on each floor or just make the customer happier. Just like I was fooled at first with my wife's room at the Novotel Beijing Sanyuan. Looked bigger for the first few seconds until I realised it was a wall mirror.

Shame this hotel (novotel melbourne) seems to have no lounge. I wish Bazin would encourage hotels to offer this especially for business hotels and luxury hotels.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Seems like quite common for Melbourne hotel to not to have lounge.

Even Sheraton and Westin Melbourne dont have one. From Marriott side, only Marriott Melbourne have.

Lounge supposedly a brand standard for Sheratons and very common in Westins
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:16 pm

Name of the hotel: Mgallery La Griffe Rome

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior, got Deluxe

- How are the rooms? Deluxe room I got is large, with large desk, walk-in closet and massage shower. Spacious and comfortable. On the other hand, it looks a little dated and could use some freshening up.

Good: location, mattress, shower

Bad: check-in was a bit messy. I emailed a few days before asking for an early check-in and got the usual "of course, sir, if available". When we arrived, around 10am, the reception refused to answer directly and kept repeating that "if it is available, we will grant it". I believe this is the default answer when asked in advance, but an useless one when the guest is already there. A "no" would be more useful. From what I understand, they expected me (and my visibly pregnant wife) to hang around front desk until they decided to grant it. After much back and forth, I fetched a different employee passing by, who
quickly phoned someone and gave me a precise answer ("room will be ready one hour from now, you can wait at our bar").
I believe the whole hotel would benefit from some refurbishing, specially the hallways.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drinks for two (beer, wine, soft drinks). No welcome amenities, just two small bottles of water.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, but there is room for improvement. Next time I hope to try the Sofitel.

Last edited by savonarola; Jun 28, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:25 pm

Name of the hotel: Mgallery La Griffe Rome

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard, got Deluxe (Two tier upgrade)

- How are the rooms? I got the exact same room of my previous stay. See above.

Good: check-in was smoother and friendlier than last time. My stays were two weeks apart and they kept some of my stuff in the luggage locker during this period, which was pretty convenient.

Bad: nothing in special

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drinks for two (got two glasses of amaro, as a courtesy from the bartender, since the voucher was only for soft drinks, wine and beer). A small plate of fruit (just some chopped kiwi, mango and pineapple) and an Easter colomba.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes

Last edited by savonarola; Jun 28, 2019 at 8:27 pm
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:36 pm

Name of the hotel: Mercure Săo Paulo Alamedas

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? A bit

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard, got the suite

- How are the rooms? The suite is large and I believe used mainly for long-stays and residents (it is a mixed-use hotel). Large living room, balcony, and a small kitchen.

Good: nice upgrade and great location

Bad: air conditioning went down during the night. An employee tried to fix it during the night, but to no success.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drinks for two (got only two waters)

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes. I believe the air conditioning going down was an isolated incident.

EDIT: after leaving a negative review, I received an e-mail from the general manager apologising for the air conditioning issue.

Last edited by savonarola; May 3, 2019 at 8:02 am
Old May 8, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Name of the hotel: Novotel London Waterloo

What is your Le Club status? Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior Queen, got Executive Queen. I have stayed at this hotel for Work a few times and have consistently been upgraded to an Executive Room.

How are the rooms? The room is probably a bit smaller than average size for a Novotel. This hotel oddly has mix of rooms in the newest Novotel style and the style before that. The executive rooms are of the older of these two styles but was perfectly nice and seemed very clean. I accidentally knocked a glass under the bed and despite it being wet and having rolled halfway under, it came out with no dust on it! Nice large bathroom in this style is appreciated.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Service, Bar, Location. The hotel saw we were travelling with our infant son (first time in a hotel for him ) on the booking and proactively offered us a cot and explained that we could use room service to heat up baby food etc. Bar and restaurant food is very good for a hotel bar although we didn't have any on this occasion. Similarly, from previous recent stays I can say the breakfast buffet has a very good spread in terms of quality and range but this time we met friends for breakfast instead.

Bad: Some stains on the sofa - definitely time to replace this. Robes were missing on arrival. I keep telling them they need to upgrade the Bose iPod dock in these rooms. They put it as a selling point on the website, but the docks are not Bluetooth compatible and have no aux input and very few people travel with an old-style iPod which is the only type that fits these docks! Just silly in 2019.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drinks for two anything from the bar except premium wine (sparkling) or premium spirits. Small welcome amenity of extra water and a truffle cone. Came with welcome note form GM.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, the location of this hotel is good for me for everything I need to do in London whether it be business, visiting family or friends or even a bit of tourism (tried to show the baby the sights of London - mainly for some pictures for the album - but he slept through them all). Booked this family stay in the private sale so it was even better value than normal.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by andimilk
I keep telling them they need to upgrade the Bose iPod dock in these rooms. They put it as a selling point on the website, but the docks are not Bluetooth compatible and have no aux input and very few people travel with an old-style iPod which is the only type that fits these docks! Just silly in 2019.
This so true and for many hotels, not only this one. Hopefully, I have an adapter !
Old May 11, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
- Name of the hotel:
ibis Vilnius Centre, Lithuania

Gold

Very happy
Two two-night stays, separated by just 2 nights

Double room with a queen-size bed for 2 people
All rooms are identical at this ibis

- How are the rooms?
New generation ibis -- Sweet Bed rooms
It's a new hotel (opened for 1-2 years?), so everything still looks new.

Good:
* Decent location: 10-15 minutes from the historical centre; UBER to the train station is about 4 EUR; from/to the airport - 7-10 EUR
* There's a small shop next to the hotel with all the basics.
* Rooms are not very small. Good size for an ibis.
* Breakfast is included in the rate.
* Friendly staff.

Bad:
* There's a construction site next to the hotel, so we could hear some noise (from Monday to Friday).
* A bit inconsistent: we didn't get a kettle during our first stay; we got a kettle during our second stay, but we didn't get clean cups or more tea/coffee on the second day
* Air-conditioning could only be used to heat the room (20 Celcius degrees or more) even though it was quite warm in Vilnius
* The breakfast area can get really busy some mornings. Some items not available during the last hour.

No lounge.

Welcome drinks: 1st stay - 2 vouchers (each for 2 drinks); 2nd stay - 1 voucher (for 2 drinks)
Bathrobe: in the room for both stays + slippers (only the 1st stay)
Other amenities: nothing during the 1st stay; kettle with tea/coffee during the 2nd stay (cups not cleaned, tea not restocked on the second day though)
VIP treatment: nothing during the 1st stay; some chocolate-dipped fruit (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries) during the 2nd stay.
Early check-in: Rooms where ready at 1 p.m. for both stays (official check-in time: 2 p.m.)
Late check-out: granted during our 2nd stay (we only need 1 hour).

Definitely yes. The rooms are still new and comfortable, the staff is friendly and the location was reasonably good.
When booked in advanced, the price was very good (40-47 EUR with breakfast).
Old May 13, 2019, 1:52 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Name of the hotel: Baraquda Pattaya - Mgallery By Sofitel

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Deluxe room but was upgraded on the second-day since there was not avalibility upon check in.

How are the rooms? The rooms are slightly aged as the hotel is getting old. But general upkeep is okay. Aircon was noisy though. Room design was funky and not the usual type of hotel room design.

Good:

- Service was excellent
- Excellent loyalty recognition

Bad:
- Hotel getting old

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher was standard, given without asking. Will post the menu when I have time to complete the full review.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes and no, if I had to go back to Pattaya yes. But I am not a fan of Pattaya and would rather go Hua Hin or Phuket
Kobetraveller likes this.

Last edited by ContinentalVoyager7; May 13, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Old May 13, 2019, 3:42 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Name of the hotel: Baraquda Pattaya - Mgallery By Sofitel
.....Room design was junky
Junky?
Old May 13, 2019, 10:07 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Junky?
Apologies, I mean funky Well, come to think of it, junky might come into play. They had blue mood lights in the room which reminded me of a place where people do smoke marijuana.
starflyergold likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:55 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Apologies, I mean funky Well, come to think of it, junky might come into play. They had blue mood lights in the room which reminded me of a place where people do smoke marijuana.
Well since it is Pattaya trashy might also work.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
- Name of the hotel:
ibis Kaunas Centre, Lithuania

Gold

Reasonably happy.

Double room with a queen-size bed for 2 people
I think all rooms are identical at this ibis

- How are the rooms?
Old generation ibis (classic style), but in good condition.
There was a kettle in the room.

Good:
* Nothing exceptional in particular. It is an average ibis, but with rooms that are still in good condition and with big windows.
* There's a supermarket inside the bus station (next door) if you need anything.
* We got a lot of point for this stay (February boost).

Bad:
* Not really in the centre. It might be an issue for some people. The hotel is next to the bus station and 7 minutes from the train station. To get to the centre (Liberty Avenue) you need to walk for 15+ minutes or take a bus, which might be a challenge if you don't speak Lithuanian/Russian.
* Very limited number of TV channels. Only BBC and CGTN in English. TVE Internacional not available.
* Breakfast could have a few additional items. A bit basic.
* Housekeeping a bit inconsistent. When we arrived, we found two bottles of water (both sparkling) and two packets of instant coffee. No tea. On the second day, we got two bottles of water (one still, one sparkling) + coffee + tea, but we didn't get any toilet paper.

No lounge.

A welcome drink voucher given at check-in -- drinks for 2 guests, but you only get a small beer
We also got a plate with some fruit (apple, pear, tangerines, strawberries).

When booked in advanced, the price was reasonable (47 EUR) as it included free breakfast.
I don't think I will return to Kaunas soon.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels (Gold), Ibis Business, Radisson Rewards (silver)
Name of the hotel: Ibis Styles Seoul Myeongdong

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard and received Standard ( I checked at reception upon check in if upgrade was possible but they said they were full up, I confirmed this on the app on the way to the hotel)

How are the rooms? Very compact! Ok for a solo stay but could get claustrophobic for any more than that. Separate toilet 'closet' with automated toilet. If 2 people were sharing the bathroom situation (sort of a glass walled/semi-opaque room looking into the bedroom itself they would need to be very comfortable in seeing EVERYTHING.

Good:
-
Complimentary once-a-day access to the sauna/ semi-openair hot bath on the 20th floor, with views of Namsan/NSeoul Tower. (I think this is shared/public access but i enjoyed it all to myself both days sessions I booked.
- Good location if you are in Seoul for sightseeing purposes - walking distance to bus stops to/from Inchwon and GImpo airports, walkable to Myeongdong shopping, subway stations (Myeongdong and Chungmuro) and if you are a patient/good walker Insadong, Gwanghwamun and the palaces. Also lots of convenience stores and eating options close by in Myeongdong.
Not so in the thick of things as the more popular Ibis Myeongdong - which I think is a blessing cos the tourist crowds can be overwhelming!

Bad: The process to use the sauna/bath was a bit cumbersome, had to book the session and trade your room key for a sauna pass, meant having to trudge all the way down to reception before and after.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Not sure if there was a lounge but was not offered access if there was.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome amenity of traditional korean rice sweets waiting in the room for my arrival, and a welcome drink voucher which I didn't get to use. The rooftop bar wasn't accessible for some evenings of my stay because of a special event.
I had notified the hotel that it was my birthday prior to arriving, and they greeted me happy birthday and said they would send up a birthday dessert. Received a small cut fruit platter which was nice.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value for a no-frills stay, the open-air hot bath is a great amenity and pictures of it had several friends looking to stay there in the future because of it. I would return but probably book Superior at a minimum if there was a next time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.