Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2019 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
__________________________________________________ _
Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:

Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2019 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:57 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
- Name of the hotel: Swissotel The Stamford

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was okay

Booked: Premier Room
Received: Premier Harbour View Room on 60th floor

- How are the rooms?
Recently renovated, thus everything is new. One design flaw was that they still use bathtub showers. Everything was furnished well.

Good:
- Rooms are large considering you're in Singapore
- Newly renovated
- Views from all rooms. Strongly recommend the Harbour view
- Was given access to the Executive Lounge
- Location was fantastic

Bad:
- Too big of a hotel, thus not very much personalization to guest
- Food offering in hotel was subpar, many restaurants but not of good quality
- They wanted us to use the automated Check-In machine however, me being old fashion, I insisted on someone checking me in as this was a 5-Star hotel and I expect someone to talk to me while I check in. Not some machine
- Welcome amenity not sent, had to remind, no welcome letter.
- No complimentary parking available

Yes, Lounge was renovated. Was there during the first day of Soft Opening. Lounge is huge, located on the 65th floor. Food offerings was a stark contrast to the restaurants offerings. They were of good quality, wines were cheap though. La Minga Chilean Wines if I am correct. Overall, only at the Lounge did you feel that service was personalized.

Voucher for 2, redeemed at the rooftop Skai Bar, wines up there were pretty good. I don't know why they can't do the same at the Lounge.

Yes, if the rate was the same, else not worth it. Got it at $150SGD a night. Usual rate hovers around $200+SGD, which makes me want to stay at Sofitel Singapore City Centre instead. Greatest perk here is the view.
Thanks @cocoleolol. I've missed your reviews. I would love to read a full review with photos. Would you mind?

I'm considering to stay here instead of Sofitel Singapore City Centre but after reading this I'm not so convinced. How does the lounge food compare to the Club Millesime offerings? And no champagne at Swissôtel I guess?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:23 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Thanks @cocoleolol. I've missed your reviews. I would love to read a full review with photos. Would you mind?

I'm considering to stay here instead of Sofitel Singapore City Centre but after reading this I'm not so convinced. How does the lounge food compare to the Club Millesime offerings? And no champagne at Swissôtel I guess?
I will be doing a review soon. But I have been packed lately, planning to publish the major reviews by next weekend when I find time. Heck, I haven't even done the TripAdvisor review. Hahahaha

But in all honesty, I personally feel that Club Millesime is better, the Swiss Lounge advantage is the huge lounge size, recently renovated, good views and larger buffet and cocktail offerings. However, do note that since its a large hotel, once the Exec lounge is running full operations, it might get crowded. Additionally, the Swiss Exec Lounge only offers 1 red and white wine, but perhaps that was due to Soft opening. They used the Cheap LA MInga wines while Sofitel has superior Wines and even Champagne.

If you ask me overall, I would pick Sofitel due to service and smaller hotel size. Being in a 200+ room hotel compared to 1000+ room hotel will have its advantages and disadvantages. Both are located above an MRT Station and Swissotel will have the advantage as it has a fully packed shopping mall below. But my heart will still stick to Sofitel for their elegantly designed rooms and decor and the beautiful Swimming pool. If you have not stayed here before, its worth giving it a try just for the amazing view, but remember to book a Harbour View room. Other than that, I will stick to Sofitel.

View from my Balcony, Room 6017

Last edited by ContinentalVoyager7; Jan 16, 2019 at 6:30 am
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: All Diamond
- Name of the hotel:Mercure Central Sydney

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Absolutely

2 Standard Rooms . 1 upgraded

- How are the rooms?
Rooms are good. Well kept and clean. They were of typical design.

Good:
- Location was good,

-Price was awesome over Australia day weekend

- Booke 2 rooms and BOTH were given free breakfast due to me being Platinum

- Service at the hotel was excellent

- Welcome amenity was nice although no welcome letter

Bad:
-
Like a zoo at breakfast times due to full house
No access

Voucher for 4 drink sat the bar and both rooms received a glass of fizzy wine with chocolate and strawberries

Without hesitation
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Sapporo

Gold

Verry Happy

Booked :Standard Double
Received : Privilege Double

- How are the rooms?
Similar to Superior room but with extra amenities.

Good:

Location was good
LCAH recognition.
Very polite and helpful staff

Bad:
None

N/a
Got welcome drinks for both rooms

Definitely
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Paris-Val-de-Fontenay

Platinium

No

booked: classic room
received: classic room (I have checked that superior rooms were available when I was in my room, but I did not want to go down to the reception
- How are the rooms?
Classic room are old (the superior one have been renovated

The main reason I didn't like this hotel is my check-in experience. I had checked in on line, but nothing was ready. Absolutly no LCAH recognition : no welcome drink, no amenities, no upgrade.

no lounge

Absolutly no LCAH recognition : no welcome drink, no amenities, no upgrade.
I am really tired about begging for LCAH recognition at Accor Hotels in France, so I did not go back to the reception to ask for it.
After my stay I made a claim to Accor CS. Only one week after, I had an answer from the hotel which admitted not having applied LCAH programm and offer me 3000 points (which is really generous).

It was quite cheap for Paris (even if this hotel is outside Paris). I may return because this hotel is well placed for some of my meetings.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
- Name of the hotel:
Ibis Styles Gniezno Stare Miasto (Poland)

Gold

Yes and no

booked: Standard Double Room
got: a larger Double Room with a Sofa (aka Family Room)

- How are the rooms?
The family room had a kitchen corner (rather useless, cf. below), a living area with a small desk/table and a sofa, and a sleeping area. Big bathroom next to the bedroom.

Good:
* still a new hotel
* location (a few minutes from the railway station and the main square)
* friendly staff (both reception and breakfast room)
* spacious room
* breakfast was included in the rate (and much better than the photos on TripAdvisor suggest!)
* you get a kettle with some tea/coffee + 2 bottles of water

Bad:
* lots of design flaws, e.g. just one socket next to the desk (either for the lamp or your laptop); toilet paper holder too low on the wall (exactly where your leg should be); no bin in the room (just a tiny bin in the bathroom)
* there's a kind of kitchenette in the room, consisting of a huge sink (but you have nothing to wash there and nothing to wash with) and a kettle with two cups; the design of the cupboard suggests there should be a minibar/minifridge, but it was not there
* very plasticky shower
* we only got one duvet (150 cm wide) for a double bed (160 cm); the receptionist gave me another duvet from a different room

No lounge.

Drinks voucher given at check-in. You can get a small beer, a glass or wine, a soft drink or tea/coffee.

This is probably the most expensive hotel in Gniezno (there are just around 15 accommodation options in the whole town). I paid around 55 EUR for 1 night. The family room are about 70 EUR most of the time.
In my opinion, the rate is rather high for this location and the services offers, but it usually includes breakfast, which makes it a bit better.
I paid for my stay mostly with points and it was OK. If I had to pay with real money, I'd probably choose a non-Accor hotel.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:50 am

- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Berlin Wittenbergplatz

Gold

Yes

Booked: Standard Double Room (queen bed)
Technically, we didn't get an upgrade. Still, we were given a corner room (probably the biggest room in the hotel) on the top floor plus extra amenities (bathrobes, slippers etc.)

- How are the rooms?
Our room was veeeery spacious. There was a large comfortable bed, a decent sofa and an armchair with a footrest.
Kettle with tea, coffee and cocoa. (No coffee machine though.)
Standard bathroom with a shower.
Plenty of light, as there were 4 large slanting windows (almost floor to ceiling)

Good:
* good location (next to a metro stop, walking distance to Berlin Zoo train station, EDEKA supermarket in front of the hotel)
* we liked the view of rooftops from the room
* modern design (more up-to-date than other Mercure hotels in Berlin), comfortable bed
* good shower - even though there's no door, it doesn't flood the bathroom door. Loved it.

Bad:
* we didn't get a proper upgrade to a privilege room
* no real desk/table, but you get a small table that you can put next to the sofa. You can regulate its height, so it's OK both for a laptop and glasses
* to use the WIFi, you need to log in with a user and a password. It's rather annoying
* the welcome gift was average
* breakfast is 19 EUR per person

No lounge.

Drinks voucher given at check-in. You got two large beers. Also good for wine.
High speed WiFi connection offered for free.
On arrival, we found two bottles of rhubarb/apple drink. (It might be an acquired taste, but we didn't enjoy the gift much.)

We booked the room during the 3for2 special sale, paying just above 60 EUR per night. Great value for money.
We would be happy to return.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Ibis Style Saint Malo port (France)

Name of the hotel: Ibis Style Saint Malo port (France)
This was my 2nd time in this hotel (1st time was 3 years before). First stay was very good. It was a one-night only stay before heading to Mercure St Malo Balmoral.

Yes. This is a solid and relatively inexpensive hotel

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
Booked Standard room and I received that (I don’t think they have different categories anyway).

- How are the rooms?
Large enough (don’t feel cramped), good soundproofing. Modern style. Comfy bed

Good:
  • nice staff
  • free breakfast
  • pleasant atmosphere and rooms
  • good rate
Bad:
  • location is not the best in town, but if you have a car, you are in the best parts of St Malo in 5-10 min. Don’t stay there if you don’t have a car.
  • Nothing bad to mention TBH
No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :
Only LCAH perk is drink voucher. No welcome gift, as usual in France in those hotels

Yes. This is not my 1st choice of Accor hotels in St Malo, but a perfect back up choice.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Mercure Nelspruit (South Africa)

Name of the hotel: Mercure Nelspruit (South Africa)
I made a short review of a relatively bad stay in this hotel in Nov 2016 (link below)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27444303-post358.html

I was very reluctant to go back there but finally booked again for a brief 1 night stay because it was very cheap and, in Nelspruit, most hotels are average AFAIK. This new stay was so-so again. Nothing terribly bad but...
We had 2 rooms booked (2 different LCAH accounts).

What has not changed:
- the rooms have not been renovated, but at least the rooms were in better conditions than the one I showed in my 2016 review.
- the safety boxes are still not working (in both rooms)
- the AC system is prehistorical (but at least it worked and I am glad it worked as it was very hot)
- nice staff
- the emptiness feeling in the huge lobby/bar area. This hotel has some potential but they just don't know how to use it.

What has changed (for good)
- Internet is now unlimited and worked well (the former internet policy was totally ridiculous and is detailed in my 1st review)

For the anecdote about the drink vouchers...As I said above, we had 2 rooms booked (2 different LCAH accounts, one Platinum, One Gold). One room was single occupancy and the other one was double occupancy. At check-in, only one drink voucher was given. So I asked why only one as the 2 bookings were done independently and with 2 different LCAH accounts. After a few arguments, we got the 2nd one with a remark of the attendant saying while smiling "But you want to kill me" (financially he meant)
And of course, when we used them at the bar, the one for the double room was for one person only and we had to pay for the other drink. Laughable, really

Overall OK for the kind of one night stay when you arrive around 6 pm and leave the following morning, but I wouldn't stay longer. Too depressing (as is Nelspruit city).
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:05 am

- Name of the hotel:
Berlin Ibis Styles Mitte

Gold

Mostly yes

Booked a standard room with a double bed
Got a bigger room with a queen-size bed on the top floor

- How are the rooms?
* We got a room on the top (7th) floor. The room was huge (Accor says 30 sq m), but had an unusual shape, so some of its parts were not very useful.
* The washbasin is just next to the bed. The shower and the toilet are together, separated from the sleeping part with red, plastic walls. The shower has no curtain so every time you use it, you flood the toiler floor too. The toilet doesn´t give you much privacy as there´s a 1 cm gap between the door and the door frame.
* If you need to work, there´s a small table and one chair.
* The TV is in the middle of the room, blocking the great view of Berlin from the bed.

Good:
* good location - next to a metro stop and tram stops (direct line taking you to the main railway station); plenty of restaurants in the neighbourhood
* we liked the view of rooftops from the room
* room was ready around 12h (official check-in starts at 15h)
* breakfast included in the room rate - reasonable quality and variety for an ibis (the pancake machine was out of order)
* free tea/coffee offered in the lobby between noon and 10 pm (tea was OK, haven´t tried coffee)

Bad:
* the shower+toilet box is just wrong for a number of reasons
* the trams might be an issue for light sleepers (not for us)

No lounge.

Drinks voucher given at check-in. We got two small beers (bottled). Also good for wine and soft drinks.
Early check-in was possible.

Quite good value for money. Room with breakfast for 2 was just over 60 EUR per night and I was able to pay partly in points.
I might return if there are no good offers/sales at Mercure hotels in Berlin.
If I do return, I´ll definitely check out the rooms on the 6th floor to see if they offer a more standard bathroom/toilet.
IMH and derfliegel like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:17 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Nottingham/Derby

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Just about OK

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Superior Premium received Superior Premium. No upgrade offered, knowing all room types still being sold online, queried, informed all Executive room "allocated". Hotel continued to sell Executive rooms for rest of day and the following day during a two night stay.

- How are the rooms? Older Novotel but all room have recently been renovated. Renovated bathroom was good rest of room in accordance with Novotel standards

Good:
Recently renovated rooms including bathrooms

Bad:

Poor status recognition
Breakfast requiires eggs to order which the hotel then forgets who they were for so not provided until reminded despite only 10 guests having breakfast.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher provided. No welcome amenity or other recognition of status. Only Le club benefit provided was welcome drink voucher applicable for silver status upwards.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Standard Novotel so won't purposely avoid but would look at other options in area instead.

Last edited by cwl; Mar 3, 2019 at 10:01 am
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:28 am
cwl

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
- Name of the hotel: Fairmont Jakarta

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Fairmont Gold Room received Fairmont Gold 1 bedroom suite

- How are the rooms? As you would expect from Fairmont.

Good:

Attentive service.
Comfortable nights sleep

Bad:

Hotel public areas grand but a little soulless.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Gold room booked, escorted to Gold floor in arrival for check in, Usual evening canapés and drinks. Choice of breakfast in lounge or main restaurant. opted for lounge option which was quiet, buffet options plus hot items to order.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher provided good for any outlet. Welcome letter and amenity of plate of 3 chocolates. Premium WIFI

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:55 am
cwl

- Name of the hotel: Fairmont Boston

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes although status benefits poor.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Signature room, received Signature Room

- How are the rooms? Large room overlooking Copley Plaza, two walk in wardrobes, small but nicely appointed bathroom with shower/bath combo although bath tub small even by US standards.

Good:

Great location in Back Bay
Gold lounge staff

Bad:

Poor status recognition

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Gold room booked. Evening canapés varied each evening. Honour Bar available if required. Limited but good breakfast in lounge, 3 hot dishes each morning also varied each morning.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drink voucher issued at checking for soft drinks only due to state law. Voucher for one drink only despite two guests. Informed voucher only issued for card holder. Challenged and referred to Le club standards. Staff said they had been instructed to issue for card holder only but would extend to both guests and escalate my observation to management. Welcome amenity of plate of cheeses, grapes, biscuits and chutney. Received email two day prior to arrival advising as platinum eligible for complimentary Premium WIFI, early check in / late check out etc. On arrival informed $25 per day facility fee applicable to cover "Premium WIFI, evening turndown, free local calls, complimentary bicycle use and a single $25 F & B credit per stay (3 day stay so $75 charge). Discussed with Gold staff that all items in "Facility Fee" were Platinum or Gold benefits so $75 fee was for a $25 F & B credit. Staff said they agreed 100% with my observation but it was hotel policy. On check out the Gold level manager informed me she would waive the $75 facility fee and she hoped the hotel would shortly stop charging it for loyal guess staying on the Gold floor as it was a fee providing items which should be complimentary on gold floor for platinum guests.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, enjoyed the stay, Status recognition poor, staff conceded it was poor and made appropriate corrections. Hopefully hotel will make appropriate corrections in first instance for future guests.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Novotel Athens

Name of the hotel: Novotel Athens

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? OKish

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
Booked Superior room/double bed and got upgraded Executive/double bed with Sofa

- How are the rooms?
Typical Novotel (dated) style, but room was in good condition and very clean. Slightly smaller than usual Novotel rooms. Bed was very comfortable

View from the room:

Good:
-Staff was very nice and competent. Requested an early check-in a few days before arrival. I got a quick response saying that it was no problem and that it will not block any room upgrade due to my Platinum status. Room was indeed ready when I arrived.
-a box of sweets as welcome gift. They were very good.

-drink voucher given spontaneously
-comfortable bed
-cheap (about €75/night)
-Premium wifi is proposed for free to Platinum (see picture)

-Overall good Platinum treatment for a Novotel

Bad:
-there is a nice rooftop bar/restaurant/pool, but I was told at check-in that it was closed for renovation. Too bad as the weather was splendid in ATH. No mention of the renovation on the website of course.
-this renovation leads to some nuisance for the guests as the workers works even during the weekend. On sunday morning, loud construction noise started at 8:30 am, waking me up. On Monday morning, I was woken up at 6 am by some noise coming from above. It was not the same construction noise as the day before, but like if they were dismantling some pieces of furniture or room equipment. As it was not stopping, I called the front desk who had no clue what it could be, as the workers had not started yet. Housekeeping ? I never had the answer but the result is the same : awake at 6 am...
-the neighborhood of the hotel is really rundown (as a lot of areas in Athens unfortunately). Lots of homeless, people obviously on drugs, etc. So you don’t feel very safe, even during the day. Of course, the hotel has no responsibility on this, but this is a negative point obviously. But taxis cost nothing in Athens so you can take taxis extensively to circumvent the safety situation.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :
See above

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? not sure

Last edited by Goldorak; Mar 8, 2019 at 6:17 pm
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:33 pm

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Gdańsk Centrum, Poland

Gold

No. Probably the worst Novotel I have ever stayed at.

I booked a standard twin room and got this type of room.
Upgrade was not possible, as all executive rooms feature a double bed and I needed two single beds.
As a Gold member, I got "compensation": two sets of slippers.

- How are the rooms?
Rather small.
A very old room, with two small beds. Very old matresses.

Good:
* Early check-in and late check-out possible.

Bad:
* An old building with dark corridors (only every 3rd lamp switched on in the corridors) and cracked walls
* Noisy area - a lot of construction sites around
* Small, old bed -- the mattresses were really really bad. (Only the pillows were OK - standard Novotel pillows).
* A small shower cabin, old shower head; sink partly clogged; some tiles almost falling down from the wall.
* Not enough sockets (one next to one of the beds; one behing the TV; one very low on the wall, next to the toilet door)
* It's really difficult to use the desk, as there's very little space between the desk and the bed right behind it
* It seemed somewhat dirty. The space under the beds hasn't been hoovered in a while. The glasses next to the minibar were dirty.
* Limited choice of tea/coffee - fewer bags than at other Novotels in Poland.
* Breakfast wasn't particularly exciting. Fewer choices than e.g. at Mercure Gdynia. A few products (e.g. pancakes, yogurt, pain au chocolat) not edible. Cheese pancakes served in the same container as fried sausage.

No lounge.

Drinks voucher given at check-in. We got two large bottles (0.5 litres). They have a decent selection of Polish beer. Also good for wine and soft drinks.
Early check-in was possible (around 11h). Late check-out granted till 15h.
Pieces of fresh fruit were delivered to the room while we were away.
We also got slippers.

I paid about 45-50 EUR per night (low season, mid-week stay). It was possible to pay with points. Breakfast was included in this rate.
I wouldn't return. Bad value for money given the condition of the building and the room.
If I need to return to Gdańsk, I'll stay at either Ibis Gdańsk Stare Miasto or Mercure Gdańsk Stare Miasto. The Ibis is a new hotel, located in a nice new building, with comfortable beds etc. It was about 8-10 EUR cheaper than the Novotel. The Mercure is located in an old building, but I think the rooms have been renovated. It's a 4-star property (Novotel has 3 stars). The price was about 8 EUR more per night than the Novotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.