Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > AccorHotels | Le Club AccorHotels
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2019 master thread

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2019 master thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 8, 19, 11:47 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IMH
Wiki Link
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
__________________________________________________ _
Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 15, 19, 6:17 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Gdańsk Posejdon, Poland

Gold

Reasonably happy

Booked a Classic room with two double beds and that's what we got.
Upgrade was not possible, as there are just 10 privilege rooms, all of them with 1 double bed and we needed 2 separated beds
We weren't offered any extra perks to compensate.

- How are the rooms?
Quite big and renovated. New bathroom with a shower.
Equipped with two double beds (140x200 cm). It's quite surprising in fact as the beds in double rooms are only a bit larger (160x200 cm).

Good:
* Renovated room
* Big and comfortable beds
* Near the beach (5-minute walk) - you can have a nice walk to Sopot or even Gdynia
* Indoor pool

Bad:
* Location a bit remote -- no restaurants or shops around the hotel. But Uber and mytaxi are cheap - you can get to Gdańsk-Wrzeszcz for 3 EUR.
* Rooms are not sound-proof: you can hear some noises from other rooms and the toilet in your own room.
* Restaurant had a weekend offer on prawn dishes. Expensive, not local, made from frozen ingredients.
* There were so few people on the second night that the breakfast buffet didn't include any hot dishes. Eggs, beans and sausages were made to order, but there was some miscommunication with the waiters at the beginning.

No lounge.

Drinks voucher given at check-in. We got two large bottles of beer (0.5 litres). They have a decent selection of Polish beer. Also good for wine and soft drinks.
A bar of chocolate (100 grams; local brand from Gdańsk) given at check-in.

Not the cheapest of Mercure hotels in Poland, given the time of the year and its location. Still, it offered reasonable value for money, as the rate included breakfast for 2 guests.
I'd be happy to return if the price is not higher.
We didn't get an upgrade, so it would have been nice to get some extra perks (e.g. slippers, extra tea/better coffee, sth better than a chocolate bar)
hotel_user likes this.
Old Mar 24, 19, 6:35 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: AE, BA, MR, Fairmont Plat (RIP), Accor Plat
- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Ottawa

Platinum

Yes

booked: Superior King
received: Junior suite

- How are the rooms?
Rooms was typical recent Novotel (this is meant in a positive manner) style, nice layout in the suite, washroom was well appointed. Bed was on the firm side which I prefer.

Was a one night stay, we stay here when the Fairmont is too expensive, they are very close to each other. Hotel is well situated and has one of the better hotel restaurants I have been to. Staff is friendly and efficient.

No lounge.

Welcome drink vouchers (2) were already in room along with nice fruit plate in fridge as platinum amenity (along with bottled water). I am always well treated as a Plat at this hotel

Used points to pay for part of stay, rate was competitive will definitely return when we come to Ottawa.
tris06 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 19, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Ibis London City Shoreditch

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was okay

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard double. There are no upgrade rooms.

- How are the rooms? The rooms are an okay size with comfortable beds, tea/coffee making facilities, desk, a hairdryer and a clothing rail. There are also plug sockets near the bed, which is useful. However there's no in-room safe and the bathroom is in a pod-style, which I'm not a fan of and I could hear the pipes running when someone else had a shower (although it was bearable if you closed the pod door).

Good:
The decoration is quite funky so if you're into bright colours and moody city prints then the place is for you. The staff are friendly and the location is good - 5 minute from Aldgate East, 10 minutes from Aldgate and handy for the east side of the City (Leman Street to Liverpool Street and Tower Hill). The soundproofing from the street is very good - I couldn't hear any of the traffic.

Bad: The noise from the bathroom was annoying and I wasn't happy at the lack of an in-room safe.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? The drink voucher wasn't in the welcome envelope when I arrived (which I didn't realise until later) but I was given it with an apology when I asked later. The voucher was good for beer or wine from the bar and the choice was pretty good. There are no other amenities or perks.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? This was paid for by my employer but to be honest, given the price (which was about 140 for the night), I wouldn't rush to book in there again. There's a Travelodge 5 minutes away that you can book for half of that cost and which has comparable facilities and although it doesn't have a loyalty programme, given you only get a free drink at the Ibis, I don't think the cost was worth it.

1F
Old Apr 26, 19, 1:28 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Ruby (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Silver, HHonor Gold
- Name of the hotel: Ibis Styles Budapest Airport

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very good

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard, upgraded to a suite

- How are the rooms? The suite was large, with a sofa, a desk and an open closet. Nicely decorated and brand new. The bathroom was standard.

Good:
the hotel is located at the end of the rental car parking lot (under construction, there is covered pathway to go there), so 2 minutes walk from either terminal 2a or 2b. Excellent location for a night between two flights. Brand new, very nice staff, quite good breakfast. The sound proofing is good and the noise of the early morning wave of departure was not audible.

Bad: Nothing.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? The drink voucher was given (did not used) and I had a mini bottle of some prosecco or similar and a fruit bowl as a welcome gift,

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Excellent value.

Old Apr 27, 19, 9:28 pm

Programs: Alfursan Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus , LCAH Gold
Name of the hotel: Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? So so

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Deluxe upgrade to Suite Business

- How are the rooms? Big with Separate Living Room and Double sink but no Bath Tub

Good: Room is Spacious , Bottled Water is more than Enough , Coffee Machine

Bad: Room is not cleaned well , Dusty.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No Lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink 2 x . A welcome amenities , 3 pcs sweet traditional dessert . and welcome letter

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? No , the prices is on the steep side 70 USD w/out breakfast , A lot competitor give better service with same price , Harris Vertu . Alila Pecenongan
Old Apr 27, 19, 9:33 pm

Name of the hotel: Mercure City Center Bandung

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Classic upgrade to Privilege

- How are the rooms? Nice , New Hotel fresh and Modern design

Good: Nice New Hotel

Bad: Bathroom design and Furniture is very bad quality

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drinks 2 x , Welcome Amenities , Cookies and Raisin and some sweet , taste not good though

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? No.
Old Apr 27, 19, 9:38 pm

Name of the hotel: Phoenix Mgallery Yogyakarta

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Superior to Deluxe Pool View

- How are the rooms? Very nice suitable to my taste

Good: Nice Decoration

Bad: Water pressure and they need to Refurbish the TV

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 1 st Stay no Welcome Drink, 2 nd Stay Welcome Drink 2x , Fruit Plate , Welcome Card

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?Yes
Old Apr 28, 19, 3:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accor (Gold)
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Gent Centrum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Superior room (the lowest category) and was upgraded to an Executive room

- How are the rooms? It is a typical Novotel room in good condition, with a double bed and a sofa, very nice bathroom (the brown kind) and a separate WC

Good:
The view of the Saint Nicholas church was absolutely amazing, expecially at night! The hotel is in the centre of the city and very close to all the sights and the river where all the action is. Breakfast is fantastic, the bar is very cosy with a great choice of beers and there is an outdoor pool which might be interesting in Summer, I didn't get to use it in April. Very nice staff too.

Bad: A bit expensive for a Novotel

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Received a welcome drink voucher for both guests. Welcome amenity was a small bottle of water and a box of Belgian chocolates - very nice.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I would return because of the location, the view and the nice treatment I received. However, the price was 170 EUR (one night incl. breakfast), which is too much for a Novotel in my opinion. But hotels in Belgium are generally expensive.
Old Apr 28, 19, 3:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Brugge Centrum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Relatively happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked and received a Standard room

- How are the rooms? Overdue for a renovation! The bathroom was in a particularly terrible state, with sings of old age and cracks in both the washbasin and the bathtub

Good:
The wonderful staff, the location close to the city centre, breakfast was very good and there is an outdoor pool which might be interesting in summer

Bad: No different room categories, it seems (weird for a Novotel, surely?). And the rooms are in a poor state. I actually wished I had stayed at the Ibis which is next door

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Received a welcome drink voucher for both guests. Welcome amenity was a chocolate bar and a pair of Novotel Happy socks, which was really unusual and cute!

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? It's not value for money. The price was 133 EUR (incl. breakfast) but because of the poor state of the room and especially bathroom, I would probably go to Ibis next time.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Apr 28, 19, 4:02 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Welcome to FT and the Le Club forum EcotoneHR
EcotoneHR likes this.
Old Apr 28, 19, 4:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Budapest Centrum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? I was disappointed

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard room and was upgraded to an Executive room

- How are the rooms? Very poor, unfortunately. The ugliest I've seen in a Novotel, actually. Cheap IKEA-style furniture, stained carpet, old bathroom overdue for a renovation. The rooms are actually in complete contrast to the rest of the hotel.

Good:
Everything is good apart from the actual room. The lobby is very grand, very Austro-Hungarian in style. There is a hot tub and a sauna in the basement, which are heavenly.

Bad: The poor state of the Executive room (I don't even want to know what the others look like)

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? There is an executive lounge, but again, quite poor. During the happy hour there is only one bottle of red wine, one bottle of white wine and a bottle of champagne. The rest are soft drinks, most of the fizzy. There is some bread, some cheese and Hungarian sausages, so you can make yourself a sandwich, but no canapes or something of the sort. There are a few small Greek salads and tiny meatballs. Nothing to write home about. No orange or apple juice in the afternoon, only in the morning, and no sweet things. One coffee machine. Staff appears very rarely and don't replenish anything. Once the wine is gone, there's no replacement. To be fair, there weren't many guests in the lounge, but more attention from the staff is still definitely needed.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Received a welcome drink voucher for both guests. Welcome amenity: two apples, some nuts and one (1) Merci chocolate bar. Not the whole box but just one small bar.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Well, it is quite cheap out of season, but I wouldn't return until it's been renovated.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Apr 28, 19, 4:04 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
Thank you! These are my first posts here after lurking for a few months
Old Apr 28, 19, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
Originally Posted by EcotoneHR View Post
Thank you! These are my first posts here after lurking for a few months
I join Starflyergold to welcome you on FT/Accor forum. Thank you for your 1st reviews and we hope to read more from you on this forum.
Old Apr 29, 19, 5:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
I join Starflyergold to welcome you on FT/Accor forum. Thank you for your 1st reviews and we hope to read more from you on this forum.
Thank you, Goldorak! You are both very kind! I'm sorry, I wasn't allowed to reply earlier, as I was only allowed 5 posts in 24 hours ))
Old Apr 29, 19, 7:05 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, SPG Platinum
Name of the hotel
Novotel Melbourne Central (Opened December 2018)
What is your Le Club status?
Accor Plus Platinum
Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes
Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Standard (Superior Queen)
Upgraded to Deluxe King on top floor (35)
Booked on Accor Private Sale rate not too long after it opened for April stay.
How are the rooms?
Hotel is still very new so the rooms were in top condition.
The hotel is a dual brand Novotel / ibis, with Novotel having the upper floors and ibis the lower. Separate lifts for Novotel and ibis floors.

By all accounts the standard rooms here are small (lots of grumbles online in the reviews, even overheard some grumbles in the corridor). The Deluxe ones are nicely sized.
For a new hotel, and Novotel being a business brand, I did find the lack of a chair in the room somewhat odd. There is a window length sofa with lots of cushions and a table (make your own cushion chair) although that's not great for working on a laptop in room.
Room also had open plan bathroom - which I didn't mind, although may not be as enjoyable if travelling for leisure, especially in the twin rooms!
There was also a missed opportunity for storage spaces in the furniture that aren't utilised.
What was good and what was bad?
Good: Still very new. Found the staff very friendly and attentive. Really liked the food at the restaurant - very good value especially with the the Accor Plus discount. The restaurant had a chef station in the middle where you could watch the Chefs work, or, you could have a bar seat and interact with them and they'd drop the food straight to you the second it was done - nice touch if that is your thing. 3 food outlets ... well 2, plus the bar, which had a fairly limited menu.

ChromeCast via the TV worked well, even via an iPad - why don't all hotels have functional streaming that works with a press of a button! Watched plenty of Netflix.

Bad: Lack of chair in room and needing to use the sofa and cushions to work on laptop. Not dimmers for the overhead lights - was all or nothing, which is slightly irritating in the middle of the night. No full body mirrors in rooms - doesn't bother me but found this a bit odd for a new build. Generally the hotel is built on a fairly small footprint - so not a huge amount in the way of shared space that is not one of the F&B outlets .. everything is compact and 'optimised'.
Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
N/A
What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Welcome amenity of piece of cheesecake and 2 bottles of water in room.
Water replaced daily.
This was a 15 night stay, was impressed that an upgrade came through.
Late Checkout offered although not needed
Drink voucher for 2 pax
APAC platinum breakfast delivered (hotel uses vouchers that can be used for full breakfast at the buffet or for a $20 value at the Cafe) LeClub complimentary internet (About 6/6)
Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes and Yes.

gilbertaue and cowism like this.

Last edited by nickw_au; Apr 29, 19 at 7:07 am Reason: formatting

Search this Thread