Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

New 2019 Accor French Welcome Drink Policy (updated in 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:25 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE

Just stayed in a Mercure in north France where we have previously stayed, and received in the past two welcome drinks for wine or cocktails etc
Now they say they can only give out a small beer or soft drink for one person due to an Accor undercover visit and reprimand.

Lady at reception was upset about it, but said nothing she could do as it is now an Accor stipulation, even though the hotel paid for the drink !

Seems things going backwards. It is still a very nice hotel, and I do not want to mention its name incase we get the hotel into more trouble ....
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hotel_user
Just stayed in a Mercure in north France where we have previously stayed, and received in the past two welcome drinks for wine or cocktails etc
Now they say they can only give out a small beer or soft drink for one person due to an Accor undercover visit and reprimand.

Lady at reception was upset about it, but said nothing she could do as it is now an Accor stipulation, even though the hotel paid for the drink !

Seems things going backwards. It is still a very nice hotel, and I do not want to mention its name incase we get the hotel into more trouble ....
If this is reality.... they are making a big mistake. Small things can make it or break it. The hotel pays for the drink....but its France and i'm not surprised that they want to find a way again to cut some costs.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Nothing new ... the French are brilliant and beautiful outside France but always give the worst service at their own home ...

it can makes sense, considering French masochism between themselves 😃
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Whoaa ... reprimanded by being good to customer, and possibly increase customer satisfaction and improve occupancy ?

I wonder if Accor in the business of providing hotel room or prison cell
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:15 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hotel_user

Wonder if it was a AccorHotels audit or more likely a franchise holder audit....
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:34 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Was told it was Accor ....

Now at a French Ibis ... welcome drink ONE person. ( We always got two drinks at Ibis in France last year )

Doing a long road trip so will update
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Well it's not something new in France : Accor's website says "Welcome drink Enjoy a complimentary welcome drink. Available for you and registered guests staying in your room (except in France). Different beverages are offered, depending on the hotel brand. The voucher you receive from the hotel lists full details" '

But some hotels in France do give more than one welcome drink.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nrouxel
Well it's not something new in France : Accor's website says "Welcome drink Enjoy a complimentary welcome drink. Available for you and registered guests staying in your room (except in France). Different beverages are offered, depending on the hotel brand. The voucher you receive from the hotel lists full details" '

But some hotels in France do give more than one welcome drink.
That is bad. There is little to look forward to in respect to benefits in France already. Atleast my experience at a few stays in France we were always given 2 drinks per stay. Upgrades are far and few between due to unavailability or hotel deciding that room/suite is not meant for you. No lounges. Free internet is our main perk? Or sometimes an extra couple of hours early or late check out... If all my stays were in France I would give up on loyalty programs.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
. If all my stays were in France I would give up on loyalty programs.
The French customers have different attitude ...sometimes I agree with them and sometimes no, but you can’t change their mentality
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:55 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Ibis Bordeaux - two drink vouchers offered ( beer / small house wine / soft drink ) as per last year.

Felt a bit more welcome than at the previous French Ibis
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I really cannot believe this is an Accor HQ directive. I think this is just a lame excuse from the hotel
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:05 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Well, I also noticed the remark on Accor's website as posted above, so this is certainly not just the hotel's discretion.

That said, I am relieved to learn that this is the gist of it, as seeing the thread title I was worried we are now supposed to get the hotel a drink when checking in.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:46 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Pullman Bercy. 3 drinks for us (Wife, daughter and I).

hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Umm ... It is beginning to look like it could be the hotel .... as we have now received two welcome drinks from two more hotels

Hotel Mercure Le President Biarritz Centre

and

Hôtel Mercure Biarritz Centre Plaza
gilbertaue and tris06 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: FB Gold
I've almost always gotten welcome drink vouchers at my stays in France and Luxembourg.......and that was as a Silver membre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.