FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   AccorHotels | Le Club AccorHotels (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accorhotels-le-club-accorhotels-667/)
-   -   Ibis Business card and Accorplus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accorhotels-le-club-accorhotels/1949587-ibis-business-card-accorplus.html)

MTTN Jan 6, 19 11:59 pm

Ibis Business card and Accorplus

I have an Ibis Business card, for which I got gold status.
I am planning to get Accorplus, but then I have only silver status.
How can I benefit the perks of my Gold status when I book through Accorplus?
Do I just need to check in with the Ibis business card?
Anyone have experience in how this is handled?

jiunsoh Jan 7, 19 12:25 am

you cant book with a+ member rate then check in using ibis gold, but you may try your luck, hope some of the hotels operator not familiar with the t&c,

kaizen7 Jan 7, 19 12:28 am

iirc, you cant link ibis card and a+ into same lcah account.

Juntima Jan 7, 19 3:17 am

I had similar problem recently. I had ibis business and applied for A+ (though I was/am a plat from my stays). I ended up having 2 separated accounts (Le Club Plat and A+ Silver). I wanted to book with A+ account to gain more discount, but I was concerned about my plat perk as well, so raised the concern to my A+ rep and he suggested booking stays with A+ Silver, then flash the plat card at check in. Maybe that could be done since it was suggested by A+ rep...

However, I have not tried that myself. I do not like breaking rules (that one person could not have ibis biz and A+ at the same time, even though this does not make any sense, but respect it nonetheless) so I canceled my ibis biz (still had half a year before expire) and merged my lcah plat account with A+ so now being A+ plat.

Maybe you could soft try it (a night stay or something) and see how it goes :D

MTTN Jan 8, 19 6:10 pm

Thank you all for the input. I guess I stay first at ibis business. And see next year if I change to a+

Hal1708 May 28, 19 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Juntima (Post 30621096)
I had similar problem recently. I had ibis business and applied for A+ (though I was/am a plat from my stays). I ended up having 2 separated accounts (Le Club Plat and A+ Silver). I wanted to book with A+ account to gain more discount, but I was concerned about my plat perk as well, so raised the concern to my A+ rep and he suggested booking stays with A+ Silver, then flash the plat card at check in. Maybe that could be done since it was suggested by A+ rep...

However, I have not tried that myself. I do not like breaking rules (that one person could not have ibis biz and A+ at the same time, even though this does not make any sense, but respect it nonetheless) so I canceled my ibis biz (still had half a year before expire) and merged my lcah plat account with A+ so now being A+ plat.

Maybe you could soft try it (a night stay or something) and see how it goes :D

Hi,

How did you cancel your ibis business subscription, Iíve tried calling the Le club hotline a few times but havenít had any luck.

Cheers

Juntima Jun 20, 19 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Hal1708 (Post 31145027)
Hi,

How did you cancel your ibis business subscription, Iíve tried calling the Le club hotline a few times but havenít had any luck.

Cheers

I remember to submit a form on Accor website, sorry I don't remember which one, but I had a reply from AccorHotels Customer Care <[email protected]s.com>. Maybe email [email protected] might work as well?