Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

No Customer Service Responses Again!!! Lost My Status!! Again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: accor platinum, HHilton Diamond, Avios,

I have been complaining for nearly a month via both the app and via email about mistakes in my Accor account. No response!

I have been downgraded from Gold to Silver despite having spent over 30 nights last year with Accor as my nights have not all been counted. Thousands of points are obviously missing too. Double annoyance!

I am currently planning 2019. But what is the point in using Accor with such useless customer service and missing rewards?!?

Does the Accor Rep still post here? Does anyone have any further advice? Other ways to make Accor even bother to reply?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:59 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
First I think you need to ring the hotline if you want to get things done ASAP. Give membership detials, Then go through 1 by 1 each stay that is missing get them to confirm that you did indeed stay there and you booking was valid for earning (3rd party websites don't count). Once He/She has confirmed this then you should get them to admit that you indeed should be gold In 2019.

Explain the date of your next stay so you need it all fixed before this date. Ask them to email you a confirmation letter that you indeed should be a gold member with a contact number if the hotel tries to refuse to give you the benefits. Print out or have on your mobile ready at check in. If the hotel stay is already booked then you can also ask them to contact the hotel in question to note down the issue so you will get the gold member benefits.

Emails I found don't always work or definately not if you want something done quickly. Adding to that December is hoilday time for most staff members and you get a mess. At the end of the day the hotline has always been able to fix my problem within a few days, if I definately followed the program rules for getting things credited.

Best of luck.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: accor platinum, HHilton Diamond, Avios,
Hi tris06,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to respond so generously.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the hotline? I've been gold or platinum for years and have never heard of this feature.

Many thanks again for your help

P.S. All stays definitely booked directly, either on the app or the website.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:57 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Well depends which region or country you are calling from. I am based In China so I call the chinese customer Service. But often I found myself being put through to customer services offices outside Asia.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
check your point statement, can you see the status night and point credited properly?
If not, the quickest way is to call the respective hotel to fix it for you.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
check your point statement, can you see the status night and point credited properly?
If not, the quickest way is to call the respective hotel to fix it for you.
I agree. I have had activity missing and called the hotel concerned directly and within mniutes everything was fixed with a smile.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I had a bit of a hassle last year as I decided to renew Gold in late December. Funnily enough on the morning of 31st Dec I had been downgraded to Silver. I decided to shoot a firm e-mail to the hotel that I had been waiting for to post my points. In the afternoon I was Gold through for this year too. I have never contacted Accor CS because of the reputation they have here on FT. I do recommend contacting hotels directly - in a timely manner (i.e. last year!). I hope OP gets his credit!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Accor CS is usually quite useless, as they cannot post points or nights - it costs the hotel to post points, so they need to do this, CS can at most prompt the hotel to do so, but they are usually totally in the dark regarding how to go about it.

I agree that the best way to do it is to contact the hotel. I had a 5-night stay in late December as well, which was to cover my nights #56-60, and I did become the duty managers' nightmare regarding posting my stay points & nights, both in person at check-in and check-out, by email and on the phone (making sure the manager that has the authority to post points would get multiple notices when she's back at work - I checked out on her day off).

And yes, as Remy above, I did get downgraded on New Year's Eve and re-upgraded to Platinum right after New Year's
remymartin and cowism like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JTCz
Accor CS is usually quite useless, as they cannot post points or nights - it costs the hotel to post points, so they need to do this, CS can at most prompt the hotel to do so, but they are usually totally in the dark regarding how to go about it.

I agree that the best way to do it is to contact the hotel. I had a 5-night stay in late December as well, which was to cover my nights #56-60, and I did become the duty managers' nightmare regarding posting my stay points & nights, both in person at check-in and check-out, by email and on the phone (making sure the manager that has the authority to post points would get multiple notices when she's back at work - I checked out on her day off).

And yes, as Remy above, I did get downgraded on New Year's Eve and re-upgraded to Platinum right after New Year's
That's exactly what I did to..force the hand of the hotel.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
From experiences, I have learned that stays and points tend to be often put incorrectly, so start a habit of checking statement 7 days after checking out. Usually stays and points would be put in by then and if they are incorrect I would email the hotel right away. Problem quickly fixed every time. I believe contacting hotel directly is the best way to go about this issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.