Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > AccorHotels | Le Club AccorHotels
Reload this Page >

Late Checkout Experience for Plats at Fairmont properties

Old Jan 2, 19, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have experience with likelihood of getting late checkout for Platinum? Going to Whistler next month and hope to get extra ski hours in.
TIA
Old Jan 2, 19, 11:25 am

I can't remember what ever being denied late check-out as plat, although with accor, who knows? Also, we generally aren't staying at peak times in a seasonal area like Whistler.
Old Jan 2, 19, 2:26 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I seem to recall a report by a fellow FTer who only got a ~2p.m. late check-out at the Fairmont Whistler after some pushing.

The guaranteed late check-out offered to Plats under the FPC program was a fantastic perk. Since Accor took over this summer, it has been more miss than hit at the various Fairmont properties I've visited and has generally involved some degree of arguing.
Old Jan 2, 19, 2:35 pm

Programs: Fairmont Plat, 1865 Voyager, SPG Gold, AE, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Routinely offered in the past on check in to Plats by Fairmont and generally they would let you go very late. I remember getting 6 or 7 pm in Kona once at the Orchid when I had a late flight. Last week at Royal York had to ask and was offered 2 pm, which was all I needed so didn't push further.
Old Jan 4, 19, 4:37 pm

I stay at the Pacific Rim a few times a year, and was always proactively offered a 4pm checkout, prior to accor. Now it's like pulling teeth to get a 2pm. They act like you are majorly putting them out.
Old Jan 5, 19, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by jdj84 View Post
I stay at the Pacific Rim a few times a year, and was always proactively offered a 4pm checkout, prior to accor. Now it's like pulling teeth to get a 2pm. They act like you are majorly putting them out.
the policy change to accor must be so demanding that they require all employees to stop it with the "fairmont way" nonsense and follow strict limiting guidelines. theres no way non-FT fairmont loyalists are happy about it. theyre prob pissed just like us.
Old Jan 5, 19, 3:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Currently at the Banff Springs and while proactively being asked about late checkout in the past, it was not mentioned at check-in. Followed up on the second day and was initially told to call on the morning of checkout to see about availability. Mentioned the Platinum status, which I though used to be known to the Royal Service people, and was easily given a 3 PM checkout as requested.

As an aside, spoke briefly with a couple of front desk staff at check-in about the transition to Accor from Fairmont and it was clear that both had clearly been to the Accor kool-aid stand with both of them saying how much they were looking forward to the full integration and that the Accor program was going to be so much better. When they asked my experience, having been both Accor and FPC Platinum, I tried to set the record straight for them and lamented the impending death of FPC.
Old Jan 7, 19, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Shenanigans View Post

As an aside, spoke briefly with a couple of front desk staff at check-in about the transition to Accor from Fairmont and it was clear that both had clearly been to the Accor kool-aid stand with both of them saying how much they were looking forward to the full integration and that the Accor program was going to be so much better. When they asked my experience, having been both Accor and FPC Platinum, I tried to set the record straight for them and lamented the impending death of FPC.
I can almost recite the Accor Kool-Aid Bible that every front desk member has to say to you. If I get told once more that this new program is better because I can get upgraded on every stay, I might lose it.
Old Jan 8, 19, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh View Post
I can almost recite the Accor Kool-Aid Bible that every front desk member has to say to you. If I get told once more that this new program is better because I can get upgraded on every stay, I might lose it.
haha. i know what you mean. they even say the same thing over at the platinum desk in New Brunswick, Canada. what a shame. SMH...
Old Jan 14, 19, 4:58 pm

got 6 pm in SIN as premier
Old Jan 14, 19, 5:08 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, Fairmont President's Club, AC Altitude Elite 50K
I've been given 4 pm checkout when I have asked at the Royal York and the Palliser over the past two months as Platinum
Old Jan 30, 19, 9:23 am

Fairmont Maui denied a late checkout last month as a platinum member. It was not a very impressive hotel overall so I wasn't surprised.
Old Jan 30, 19, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC E75K/SPG-Marriott Titanium/Accor-FPC Plat/IHG Plat/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Bjmcisaac View Post
I've been given 4 pm checkout when I have asked at the Royal York and the Palliser over the past two months as Platinum
The Royal York plays games to be sure now, so I simply advise that I will be checking out at 4 pm and so far its worked.

The Palliser at the small FPC Desk recognize me thankfully, and ask if I would like 6 pm, in which case i say 3 pm or 4 pm will be fine.

Its a shame that Accor has ruined nearly everything that was outstanding about Fairmont. Bigger is not better.
Old Feb 25, 19, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Just wanted to follow up on my own post.
Was given a late check out until 2pm. I asked for 3pm but they said they were fully committed. Front desk said Plat get 2 pm guaranteed late check out.
Also checked in about 1.5 hours early.
So I guess Plat status offers some decent value.
Old Feb 25, 19, 12:04 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat
Based on stays in Canada in the past couple of weeks, I'd say the odds of getting a late check out as Platinum member are now about as good as the Senators' odds of making the playoffs. OK, it's little better than that. Your odds are as good as the odds of the Oilers making the playoffs.

Two weeks ago asked for late check out, received instant feedback that it'd be unlikely, pleaded my case and was given a 1PM check-out like it was the biggest thing in the world.

Last week: asked and was flatly refused. Day of departure went down to front desk and heroic clerk went to great lengths - seriously they were very invested in trying to help me, and it took them easily 10 minutes of popping into the back to talk to someone to arrange - but was eventually given a 2PM check-out.

In all cases I ask before hand if the hotel is expecting high occupancy on check out date, etc. and that's never been raised as an issue. It's just that late check out isn't a thing for Plats anymore. We might as well be peasants.

FPC RIP

Search this Thread