Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Any special benefit staying at an Accor hotel on birthday?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any special benefit staying at an Accor hotel on birthday?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Got a nice chocolate cake at Bangkok Sofitel Sukhumvit, this was unexpected.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:11 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
In my experience, one need to let a hotel know before arrival about any special occassion one might have. I usually write a note to hotel when I make my booking. Often hotels has sent something on top of the normal welcome amenity, usually a cake or chocolates.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
Not sure does Platinum status matter?
Wise words with Accor.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: All Diamond
Visited a hotel in Brisbane recently and booked a couple of extra rooms for my mate as it was his birthday and a cake was delivered to his room. Great customer service I thought.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:01 am

Have always had waiting for me on my birthday in my room a cake - of soap
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:37 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by Juntima
Hi, I have a trip coming up close to my birthday and start wondering if Accor provide anything special for members (I am a plat if that makes difference) staying on their birthday. Maybe extra points/perks or something? Anyone got special treat on birthday? Just would like to see if it's worth moving my trip to fall on my birthday. Thanks in advance for all inputs.
Dear Juntima,

Birthday benefit is not an advantage of Le Club AccorHotels program.
However, some hotels have this special treatment for their guest, as long as they are made aware of the special occasion.

Best regards,
Amy
Maelstrom likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:13 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Thanks for all the inputs. They are very useful. It seems to be a hit and miss then. Either way, I have decided to move the trip to fall on my birthday just to see what happen
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:07 am

When booking, send the hotel a note saying its your birthday and is their anything they can do to make your birthday special.
We stay in many Accor hotels particularly on or around birthdays and have never been disappointed. We have had free room upgrades, bottles of wines, acces to lounges, cake just to name a few things we have been give.
Also being a Gold/platinum member seems to help as well.

Good Luck
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I stayed at the Banff Springs on my birthday once. We entered the room to find a birthday card, a cheesecake and a bottle of champagne. That was unexpected. They must have picked my birthday out of my profile, since I never alerted them to it. But, that was Fairmont. They probably now provide a lump of coal in accordance with Accor policy.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:27 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by MEM83
When booking, send the hotel a note saying its your birthday and is their anything they can do to make your birthday special.
We stay in many Accor hotels particularly on or around birthdays and have never been disappointed. We have had free room upgrades, bottles of wines, acces to lounges, cake just to name a few things we have been give.
Also being a Gold/platinum member seems to help as well.

Good Luck
Thanks, I may request birthday special for my family next time we are on the trip falling on their birth month. I am way too shy to contact hotels for my own birthday reason, and it would feel awkward if they really did something special as requested
This time I will just see if they are aware of it or anything, just out of curiosity
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:30 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I stayed at the Banff Springs on my birthday once. We entered the room to find a birthday card, a cheesecake and a bottle of champagne. That was unexpected. They must have picked my birthday out of my profile, since I never alerted them to it. But, that was Fairmont. They probably now provide a lump of coal in accordance with Accor policy.
I will be staying at a Pullman, so not going to have as high expectation as I would with Fairmont
If they ever given me a lump of coal I would set it on fire in the room and let them deal with it
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear Juntima,

Birthday benefit is not an advantage of Le Club AccorHotels program.
However, some hotels have this special treatment for their guest, as long as they are made aware of the special occasion.

Best regards,
Amy
hello Amy
I don’t think we were necessarily speaking here about a LCAH benefit, or about celebrating a special occasion, but just a simple gesture from the hotel with an enhanced welcome drink or even a simple note from the GM wishing happy birthday. It happened to me a couple of time to be alone on business staying in a hotel on my birthday. I certainly don’t want to have a cake with a candle served at the restaurant with all the staff singing happy birthday, when I am alone, but as said a simple gesture is enough, knowing that my birth date is part of my LCAH profile so the birthday info can pop-up on the hotel staff computer screen when dealing with the customer.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Hi

Bit late with this
Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge - Small cake ( it was actually a standard desert in the evening menu from the restaurant ) served to me at breakfast with a group of staff wishing me a special and happy day. It was nice.
OH make a point to always take me away for my and his birthday ( think he finds it less stressful )
We got surprise gifts from the previous two hotels as well ( lovely gauteau and a bottle of local Champagne )
Review to follow when I can find the pictures.
Juntima likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by kaizen7
maybe few extra apples ?

My coming birthday will be spent at hotel as well ... but not Accor hotel
Stayed at The Prince Gallery Tokyo, a Luxury Collection Hotel where I got Ambassador tier there.
I receive a present and birthday card from my ambassador and hotel team, and a nicely decorated fruit platter on the day.

I guess if ALL diamond benefit is personal ambassador, it could improve the guest experience a lot.
hotel_user and Juntima like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels (Gold), Ibis Business, Radisson Rewards (silver)
Late post but in case it is still helpful for someone
I always politely let the hotel know if it's my birthday (or a birthday of someone I'm travelling with) prior to arrival, making a request for 'anything they can do to make my stay a bit more special.'

For my latest birthday holiday in Seoul and Shanghai I received:
- Birthday fruit platter from the Ibis Styles Seoul Myeongdong

- Birthday gift of tote bag, calendar and toiletries from The Alcove Hotel (Seoul)

- Full-size birthday cake and birthday card from the Sofitel Shanghai Hyland

From previous stays at other (not always Accor) hotels, we've received chocolates, desserts, birthday cakes, upgrades, bottle of wine.

I always say it's worth asking!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.