Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Classic Accor website and call centre c**k up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold

I have wasted hours this morning trying to book two hotels.

1 I am (I think) logged into my account. My details, including my total points, appear top right on the page.

2 I want to book using a promotion giving double points for which I registered for stays booked and (paid for) by today, 31st December, 2018. If I enter the details on the email by which I registered, I get a members rate, but when I click on book it asks me join Le Club. If I uncheck that, it won't give me the rate

3 Still (I think) logged in, I try to make the same booking in the normal way. This gives a different (lower) rate. When I try to book, once again, it tells me I need to join LeClub to get this rate.

4 I log out remove cookies and try again with the same result.

5 I phone customer "service" (and listen to a lot of stuff about data protection) to explain that I don't want to end up with two membership cards, my current Gold one and a new Classic one (which will go into the hotel's booking system). He understands the problem and transfers me to reservations, with the result that after a few minutes, the line goes dead.

6 I phone again (listen to data protection stuff and choose not to hear it on future calls) and select 'make a reservation'. I get a person whose English is heavily accented (but is not French, otherwise I'd have changed language). He sounds very sleepy and is probably in a time-zone where he would normally be in bed (is it in the USA?). He says he speaks English, but not French. I have to spell 'Nice', which is where I'm booking the first hotel. With great difficulty, we choose the hotel, with me spelling out every word (I know which hotel I want, but he insists, when he finds it, reading its full street address, which I find almost unrecognisable, and postcode). Then I choose the room (he reads every line of the room details, down to the hosptality tray) and the rate I want. As we know, there are a lot of options and this takes a lot of time, as he wants to read through them all, even though I know which room and rate I want. He then asks for my membership number, identifies me and informs me that my card expires today! I tell him every single accor member's card expires today, but that new ones will start tomorrow, and that members, all of whose cards expire today, still need to make hotel bookings. He goes away and checks that I can, in fact, make a booking with this card.and returns to say that I can, because making the booking will extend the date of my card, but that I shall no longer have Gold status. I tell him that I shall, because I have stayed more than 30 nights this year. I book anyway - special requests, estimated arrival time (I don't know), card details and a recap take ages. All this has taken 30 minutes, so they'll have a long recording for my data protection.

7 I proceed to book the next hotel, telling him before we begin that I know which room and rate I want without him reading them all and that I know that I get a hospitality tray, wifi and all the rest. The whole process begins again, as I begin to spell everything out....

Surprisingly I remained polite, which is why I need to vent here.....

My guess is that the website just cannot cope with bookings made by any member at all on 31st December. I'm preparing myself to challenge the lack of double points (I have a screen capture), which only took two months last time.

I have a third and a fourth hotel to book, but have lost heart. I'll either leave it until their crappiest of crap website is corrected and the offer has expired and lose the double points or, maybe, I'll just stay in a hotel with another group.

Happy New Year, fellow accor flyertalkers!
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Take a screen shot of your points and status before midnight just to be sure as well

/end
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:28 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
That's interesting. Yesterday, Jan 30 I went to my account and found my NEW 2019 gold card. I have been gold for years but was surprised it was issued two days prior to the end of the year. Maybe because I had over 30 nights for 2018. Next to the card is what is below.

Your status expires on 31/12/2019
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't the double points promotion require that you book via the app?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:03 pm
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

Thank you for alerting us on this issue, we have alerted the IT service to find and fix the website's problem.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Amy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.