Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Wrong status at hotel - does this happen often?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:58 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

Checked into the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park and I asked about the executive lounge. Check in desk said it’s only available to platinum members. I showed her my electronic card in the app and she said “oh we don’t have that status. I’ll update it now.”

Later when they delivered my amenity there was a printed card welcoming me as a gold member.

So does this happen often? I can understand if they don’t have my status at all, but why would it be wrong? And I have had this status all this year.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:10 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sxc
Checked into the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park and I asked about the executive lounge. Check in desk said it’s only available to platinum members. I showed her my electronic card in the app and she said “oh we don’t have that status. I’ll update it now.”

Later when they delivered my amenity there was a printed card welcoming me as a gold member.

So does this happen often? I can understand if they don’t have my status at all, but why would it be wrong? And I have had this status all this year.
I've not encountered this. May be interesting to find out how this could happen. I'd understand if it was a recent upgrade - but you've had it all year.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:06 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Have you stayed at the property previously on a Gold membership? Perhaps they merged your profiles together and it so happened that the profile with the Gold membership status "won out."
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I never had this problem. Were you Gold when you booked ?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:10 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Haven’t stayed here before and I wasn’t a gold when booking.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: Le Accor and Marriott
I've had this happen to me. I had to show them my platinum membership on my phone app. Very frustrating and inconvenient.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Well actually it did happen to me when I checked in at Pullman Legian. I notice the package that they prepared has a Silver sticker when I am a Gold actually.

and yes, I did the booked when I was Silver. But the system should update right
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Happened to me last week at Grand Mercure K Jakarta. But since that place is a hot mess in every department, I’m not surprised. I sent an email to Accor + 5 days ago asking how this happens - no reply (again, not surprised).
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:54 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by lingua101

and yes, I did the booked when I was Silver. But the system should update right
When the booking downloads into Opera, it will have whatever status you had when you made the booking. It does not automatically update. Some hotels may take the initiative to do a search of memberships and manually update it prior to arrival. But I would recommend contacting the hotel and alerting them of a change in status.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
Happened to me last week at Grand Mercure K Jakarta. But since that place is a hot mess in every department, I’m not surprised. I sent an email to Accor + 5 days ago asking how this happens - no reply (again, not surprised).
it is not hotel fault.it should be Accor fault
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
When the booking downloads into Opera, it will have whatever status you had when you made the booking. It does not automatically update. Some hotels may take the initiative to do a search of memberships and manually update it prior to arrival. But I would recommend contacting the hotel and alerting them of a change in status.
this is not a good way to build the system. The system should refresh a day prior to arrival. Especially when I did online check in.

i Guess Accor won’t be bother of this kind of situation as the percentage should be Low. There are far more issues to handle
ktllo likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

this is not a good way to build the system. The system should refresh a day prior to arrival. Especially when I did online check in.

i Guess Accor won’t be bother of this kind of situation as the percentage should be Low. There are far more issues to handle
this issue is also very common with airlines FFP. When you change status with airlines, it is advisable to delete and re-enter the FF number. You cannot do that with hotels, so the best is to e-mail them.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak

this issue is also very common with airlines FFP. When you change status with airlines, it is advisable to delete and re-enter the FF number. You cannot do that with hotels, so the best is to e-mail them.
i understand. But they should refresh the status upon mobile check in
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

i understand. But they should refresh the status upon mobile check in
Agreed.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:40 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I had this issue lately. Booked a room as gold, stayed as platinum. I contacted the hotel prior to arrival and yet the registration form stated I’m gold. The receptionist who was checking me in typed his computer and reprinted the form. It still showed my status being gold. Despite that I received all platinum benefits and points were posted correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.