Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Le Club benefits now available at (some) Banyan Tree Properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Club benefits now available at (some) Banyan Tree Properties

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:16 am

I hadn’t heard of Bintan but see that there are the three new hotel brands there ... Banyan Tree, Cassia and Angsana.

It seems to be a small island near to the island of Batam off South Sumatra. Is that correct ?

i guess we must fly to Batam and then take a boat or car on a ferry to Bintan .... is that correct ???

I had not followed the news about these three brands at all and just checked the Banyan Tree website to see that they all belong to the same group along with a fourth brand: Dhawa which I am not familiar with but which is listed in the above list of Accor brands.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Dec 28, 2018 at 5:55 am
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
I hadn’t heard of Bintan but see that there are the three new hotel brands there ... Banyan Tree, Cassia and Angsana.

It seems to be a small island near to the island of Batam off South Sumatra. Is that correct ?

i guess we must fly to Batam and then take a boat or car on a ferry to Bintan .... is that correct ???

I had not followed the news about these three brands at all and just checked the Banyan Tree website to see that they all belong to the same group along with a fourth brand: Dhawa which I am not familiar with.
Batam and Bintan are in front of Singapore, just 1 hour by ferry. Ferries leave from Tanah Merah ferry terminal , near the airport (5 minutes taxi)

we have taken “Bintan resort ferry” (there are also other companies), it’s nice because they have “Emerald class” also (a sort of business class) with very comfortable seats, lounge before departures, priority at departure and at arrival (you save lot of time with immigration). No problems with luggage (even if you travel with a woman &#128512. Not expensive. Return ticket 90€/pax (45€/pax in standard class)

no airport in Bintan for what I know (perhaps private flights ?) only way to come is by ferries or private boat

i don’t know if there is commercial airport on Batam, don’t think so. Both islands are really near Singapore

on Batam there are not resort, only in Bintan, several options.

Banyan Tree, Angsana and Cassia are near each other, 10 minutes car from Bintan Jetty. You can use all the restaurants as paying guest, you only have breakfast at your hotel and Angsana/Cassia guests are not allowed at Banyan Tree pool.

Sea/beach/weather during this period is wonderful ! I have read sometimes the problem could be the tar, release by commercial boats around Singapore area

i’ll post a review for both Angsana and Banyan Tree
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:09 am

Thank you for this very detailed and useful reply. Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy your holiday !
Dav77 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:13 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dav77

Batam and Bintan are in front of Singapore, just 1 hour by ferry. Ferries leave from Tanah Merah ferry terminal , near the airport (5 minutes taxi)

we have taken “Bintan resort ferry” (there are also other companies), it’s nice because they have “Emerald class” also (a sort of business class) with very comfortable seats, lounge before departures, priority at departure and at arrival (you save lot of time with immigration). No problems with luggage (even if you travel with a woman &#128512. Not expensive. Return ticket 90€/pax (45€/pax in standard class)

no airport in Bintan for what I know (perhaps private flights ?) only way to come is by ferries or private boat

i don’t know if there is commercial airport on Batam, don’t think so. Both islands are really near Singapore

on Batam there are not resort, only in Bintan, several options.

Banyan Tree, Angsana and Cassia are near each other, 10 minutes car from Bintan Jetty. You can use all the restaurants as paying guest, you only have breakfast at your hotel and Angsana/Cassia guests are not allowed at Banyan Tree pool.

Sea/beach/weather during this period is wonderful ! I have read sometimes the problem could be the tar, release by commercial boats around Singapore area

i’ll post a review for both Angsana and Banyan Tree
Batam has an airport (BTH) which is well connected to Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta, and a number of other Indonesian Cities.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:27 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I was told It'd be updated with the new additions.
I'll check.
Did Accor ever get back to you on this? I see that the lists are still not updated with the new additions.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:11 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by kaizen7
True! The difference is booking through Fairmont own website grant you elite benefit and credit.
While booking through Banyan tree website most likely exclude you from such benefit.
Hope i was wrong though.
Has someone tried this yet? I would like to book the lower rate on banyantree.com and then enter my Accor Plat number in order to get benefits + stay / night / spend credits. Or perhaps book directly with the hotel and give them my Accor Plat number at the time of the booking?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:02 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by escape4
Has someone tried this yet? I would like to book the lower rate on banyantree.com and then enter my Accor Plat number in order to get benefits + stay / night / spend credits. Or perhaps book directly with the hotel and give them my Accor Plat number at the time of the booking?
if Banyan Tree website is offering better rates, you could try calling the hotel and booking directly. I believe that the current x4 point offer for Banyan Tree properties has a special code to quote in the T&Cs for bookings made direct with the hotel.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
if Banyan Tree website is offering better rates, you could try calling the hotel and booking directly. I believe that the current x4 point offer for Banyan Tree properties has a special code to quote in the T&Cs for bookings made direct with the hotel.
Banyan Tree Bangkok told me that I can book on banyantree.com and contact them after the fact and they will add my Accor member number to ensure I earn points, nights and stay credit ^
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:18 am

I will try to ask for my Plat benefits at Angsana and Banyan Tree Bintan in next days, with my beautiful smile 😊, even if reservations haven’t been made by Accor ...
Hi, any luck? We are planning to go there and booked our stay thru Chase, so I am nor sure if any benefits will apply. Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by bebegirl
Hi, any luck? We are planning to go there and booked our stay thru Chase, so I am nor sure if any benefits will apply. Thanks
had nothing. No points, no welcome drink. Only “upgrade” at “best view” villa of same category
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:49 am

had nothing. No points, no welcome drink. Only “upgrade” at “best view” villa of same category
We booked villa on the rocks, so I don't think they will upgrade us to anything else. Do you have any other recommendations for restaurants? Did you use taxi service there that you can recommend? Thank you
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by bebegirl
We booked villa on the rocks, so I don't think they will upgrade us to anything else. Do you have any other recommendations for restaurants? Did you use taxi service there that you can recommend? Thank you
yes, I remember Villa on the rocks as the best one, so you are still in good hands 👍

we have used private (complimentary- one way) transfer to Bintan Jetty at departure

never got out of the resort during our (short) stay. It’s too wonderful to get out ... 😃

I can surely recommend Saffron restaurants (Thailandese one). We had tasting menu, superb.

Resort is amazing, really happy for you if you are going ! 😊
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:41 pm

yes, I remember Villa on the rocks as the best one, so you are still in good hands 👍

we have used private (complimentary- one way) transfer to Bintan Jetty at departure

never got out of the resort during our (short) stay. It’s too wonderful to get out ... 😃

I can surely recommend Saffron restaurants (Thailandese one). We had tasting menu, superb.

Resort is amazing, really happy for you if you are going ! 😊
Thank you!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
banyan tree INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY OFFER

offering 38% off your booking when you stay a minimum of 3 nights.
Offer ends 15 March 2019.

https://www.banyantree.com/en/offers...mens-day-offer
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
offering 38% off your booking when you stay a minimum of 3 nights.
Offer ends 15 March 2019.

https://www.banyantree.com/en/offers...mens-day-offer
Asked the hotel (Zhuhai phoenix bay) I had originally booked during the x4 points promotion period.
The rooms are much cheaper now with this woman's day promotion. I booked before the cheapest room level for 2 nights for 3600rmb
Now the room 1 level higher is 3828rmb for 3 nights. So I rang the hotel and they will allow the change.
So 282rmb or about 35 Euro's extra, 1 extra night and a better room guaranteed with maybe a suite upgrade upon check in. Done!
Hotel said they will fully refund the previous booking even though it is actually a non refundable rate. Happy here!
Plus I think I can get then x3 rewards points for the booking so no big loss there (Check in Thursday, check out Sunday)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.