I made a booking error.

Old Dec 8, 18, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
I made a booking error.

I Guess it can happen to anyone of us?
Two days ago I needed to book two rooms at the Pullman Khon Kaen, Thailand, two adults and one child each.
tried to find a good rate, checking room types, checking promotions.
and I found a free breakfast promotion for bookings paid with MasterCard but you needed to book on a different website, mastercard-Accor.com or similar..
Thus I had xeveral windows open on my pc, on Accor website and the special MasterCard which also seemed to be an Accor wexite.
i decided to go for the MasterCard promotion and upped the room one notch because this came cheaper than a standard normal room.
I got confused on Accor webisite when trying to book both rooms in one go, thus being careful I booked the first room. After confirming I noticed the booking was for 1 adult. Went to manage my booking to find that you can change dates or cancel, apparently not change number of persons occupying the room.
i proceeded to book the second room for two adults and one child, correctly this time.
having spent a lot of time on my pc to finalise this and considering both bookings mentioned “bed and breakfast” for the same amount regardless the number of occupants I decided to call it a day and explain the error at checkin.

which happened just now, awaiting my son to arrive also.
i was told by check in staff they could not amend the booking and I should have cancelled the booking and re-book. Now I would have to pay for two breakfasts at check out.
in Thailand any discussion with staff is hopeless.
thus after some time I requested to talk to the on duty manager.
again a lengthy discussion to finally get to an agreement and mention a voucher to the employee when entering the breakfast room. Let see how this will work out...
Old Dec 8, 18, 1:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I am about to book a stay at Pullman Khon Kaen also, and they have free breakfast promotion at the moment regardless the type of credit card (book directly on Accor website, I checked the rate just last night). Their breakfast rate is pretty cheap anyway, 500THB per person if I remember correctly.

Regarding your incident, I guess they were nice enough to give you voucher even though it was your mistake?
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Dec 8, 18, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Yes, we all make booking mistakes sometimes. In your case it doesn't turn too bad if the price to pay is just one breakfast. Good luck !
Old Dec 8, 18, 3:50 am
Original Poster

I was not given a voucher but told to inform and request voucher when hitting breakfast room.
but you are right Goldorak, savings to be 340x2x2 + vat, error I made 340x2 + vat, not the end of the world.
just strange checkin desk can not modify number op people on a free breakfast rate.
Wil remember to cancel error booking if it happens ever again...
Old Dec 8, 18, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This sounds as though it is a criticism of the property when it ought to be a compliment.

OP made an error and the hotel management fixed it for him.
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Dec 9, 18, 4:48 am
Original Poster

I Will find out tomorrow when checking out if management fixed the problem.
It should not matter how many pax in the room for a breakfast free rate and I don’t mean 20 people, Accor always mentions the maximum number of pax allowed.
Old Dec 10, 18, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

First morning short discussion when arriving 4 adults 2 children re the 1 adult room, second morning all smiling no issues.
Checking out nothing added to the bill re breakfast.
Needed to add 700 status points to gold, made 925/28 nights thus am back to gold for 2019.
Firsttime4me2 and Goldorak like this.

Search this Thread