FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Support? No! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1943522-support-no.html)

vvn1972 Dec 2, 2018 11:25 am

Support? No!

I have a wrong booking prepaid mostly by points (November 2019 instead of December 2018). No idea how it's possible to book a stay 1 year 28 days before the date needed. But I did it. My hotel is ready to change the booking date but they don't have an access to points until next year. 5 days ago they sent a request to Accor's support. 5 days ago I sent a request to Accor's support via Accor site. 5 days ago I sent PM to Accor's concierge Amy. And no reaction anywhere. Silence.
I only need a reply. "Yes. We can help you." Or "No. We can't." But I need some answer. Last time I recieved an answer from Hilton 2 minutes after my email.
Dear Accor. You customer service is nothing. Don't waste your money for it. Dismiss them all!

sfo Dec 2, 2018 6:39 pm

I agree with you, CS sucks, perhaps upper management should clean house and hire some professionals, or perhaps upper management likes it the way it is, to them silence is golden $$$$

Maelstrom Dec 2, 2018 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by vvn1972 (Post 30490878)
I have a wrong booking prepaid mostly by points (November 2019 instead of December 2018). No idea how it's possible to book a stay 1 year 28 days before the date needed. But I did it. My hotel is ready to change the booking date but they don't have an access to points until next year. 5 days ago they sent a request to Accor's support. 5 days ago I sent a request to Accor's support via Accor site. 5 days ago I sent PM to Accor's concierge Amy. And no reaction anywhere. Silence.
I only need a reply. "Yes. We can help you." Or "No. We can't." But I need some answer. Last time I recieved an answer from Hilton 2 minutes after my email.
Dear Accor. You customer service is nothing. Don't waste your money for it. Dismiss them all!

Hilton's customer support is leagues ahead of Accor's. I never wait longer than 24 hours for a reply, and, like in your case, usually answers are received much faster.

That said, Accor Plus support usually replies within two to three days, but their follow-up with issues forwarded to Paris is terrible; I never hear anything back about these issues until I send another email to 'remind' them to get back to me. But, standard Le Club support is trash.

pb9997 Dec 2, 2018 7:48 pm

It has taken me months, literally four months, to deal with Accor CS and have a simple one night stay correctly posted to my account; There was invoice and everything to support the case.

In my experience it takes several weeks up to a few months for simple issues to be sorted out. I cannot imagine Accor Customer Service ever favouring the customer with any gesture of good will. They seem not to care or not to be empowered to.

Useless and a complete waste of time, fail to describe Accor Customer Service. It is simply a waste of money, both for Accor and Customer to have Accor Customer Service.

fransknorge Dec 6, 2018 5:16 am

Yes it is a well known Accor feature. I wonder if it truly hurt them.
i know this is purely because of CS I went from Platinium to Silver in one year (I am Gold only thanks to the soft landing), i can not stand having my main hotel provider to have such an abysmal CS.
Though i think I am only in a minority. It is clear they will continue to have a profitable business despite this major issue,

vvn1972 Dec 10, 2018 4:43 am

Sometimes it works! Got my points back and have a new booking now. Many thanks for my hotel and Accor`s CS. Slow but effective!

fransknorge Dec 11, 2018 7:31 am

Well let's see.
I tried to book the Pullman Shanghai, using all my current point balance to reduce the total bill. External paiment site crashed and got a gateway error. Booking not made, money not taken as far as I can see but points taken.
So I fired up a mail to Accor CS to get my balance restored but my hope is really low, and I want to book this hotel with points.
Dear me !

Nick Art Dec 11, 2018 8:14 am

NO SUPPORT FOR YOU! COME BACK ONE YEAR!
(Inofficial AccorHotels Support Motto)

I've had sent several requests to the LeClub support line and while most have not been answered yet, I received an email regarding one, four months after the original request. I guess I can expect the next answer in another four months... In the meantime, however, my former Fairmont Support Contact solved the issue two hours after sending them an email.

rangerss75 Dec 14, 2018 7:37 am

Fransknorge (Dec 6th), you are not in a minority in taking your custom elsewhere. I have had issue after issue with so-called Customer Care and one of them took weeks and weeks (and hours of my time) to resolve. Like you, even a non-credited stay can take weeks to get the points posted; I now systematically take a screen-capture for any promotion for which I register. But what sort of reward scheme is that? Other schemes post the promotions for which you have registered on your profile. With accor, you have to 'prove' that you registered and 'prove' that you stayed, when all that should be in the rerservation systems.

So: having qualfied again for Gold this year, I have almost certainly made up my mind to concentrate first on one my other loyalty schemes and be content with easily attainable Silver in Accor in 2019. So, they'll lose 20 plus nights of my business.I'll stay in Accor group hotels when I know them and like them, I won't choose Accor group hotels in locations where I haven't stayed with them and there are other possibilities. Needless to say, I'll avoid those (not many - three, this year) Accor properties in which I have stayed,, where the condition of the property or the service is less than satisfcatory.

Someone (Amy?) really needs to feed back to Accor in the strongest terms possible that their Customer Care is abysmal and is/will losing them business. Will she feel able to do that?

Apologies for clicking on 'quick reply' at the end of the messages; rather than after Franksnorge's original.

Kobetraveller Dec 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Earlier in one of these threads I reported a rather trivial but nevertheless frustrating case of Accor's Places IT preventing me from getting the necessary 5th Validated Places Check in three countries allocated towards the Cosmopolite Badge no matter how many new Validated Places Check ins I was getting. I emailed screenshots to Accor Customer Care and two months later received an absolutely useless, irrelevant, and vaguely worded response from a random agent. No resolution to the problem and back to square one.

I DM-ed Amy here but did not receive a reply so have no idea if she read my DM or took action.

However . . . within ten days or so of sending two screenshots and briefly explaining the clear cut issue to an excellent Fairmont Gold Lounge Manager who had kindly agreed to help me along with the hotel's excellent Loyalty Activist . . . I now have this rather insignificant badge . . . insignificant in terms of Points but I am extremely happy to have it and am incredibly grateful to the two Fairmont staff who took action.

Over the last five weeks or so I have checked in to about 19 different Accor hotels in Indonesia and now Singapore. So far I have had 100% success rate getting Points posted to my Account extremely quickly and then Places Validations (I don't know why I am doing it but I continue to register new Check ins with Places even though I have already received the relevant badges).

My strategy is to make sure I meet the Loyalty Activist/Ambassador in each hotel and to explain the issues I have experienced this year dealing with Accor centralized Customer Service and IT. In every case they have been extremely empathetic and understanding . . . and effective in ensuring that Points are posted quickly.

I can say the same thing about the Loyalty Activists in all Accor hotels I have tried in Cambodia and Malaysia too (except for one Pullman in the KL area).

Whenever I meet GMs, FOMs or Director level Staff I always ask them to keep up the pressure on Accor to continue to upgrade its IT and centralized Customer Service. I have heard from quite a few people that the IT is actually regularly being upgraded despite the issues we continue to face.

I have no idea if this strategy will be successful in the future or in all geographical locations. But at the moment I would say that the hotel-based Loyalty Activists/Ambassadors are absolutely wonderful and extremely effective, and can help us to avoid all the stress and time wasting when dealing with centralized Accor Customer Service when there are IT issues.

fransknorge Dec 19, 2018 2:05 am

Wait until you try the same in Europe, specially in France/Germany/UK ;)

woosiep Dec 19, 2018 3:55 am

Their incompetence does have an upside though sometimes...Just had a stay credited to my account that I had actually cancelled. I shan't be phoning them to point this out.

AccorHotels Concierge Jan 10, 2019 3:45 am

Dear members,

We're sorry for the inconvenience you're facing.
The issue has been transmitted to the Customer Care, we'll be trying to improve the service :).

Thank you for always sharing your feedback with us, and for your trust.

Best regards,
Amy

Dav77 Jan 11, 2019 2:55 pm

It remembers me at beginning of my career when I was trying to sell fire extinguishers door to door.

”thanks we will let you know”...

i’m still waiting since more than 20 years ago 😃