FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   20% Bonus on Fairmont e-Gift Cards - Nov 23, 2018 - 2 to 5 PM EST (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1941386-20-bonus-fairmont-e-gift-cards-nov-23-2018-2-5-pm-est.html)

CanadaDH Nov 19, 2018 2:13 pm

20% Bonus on Fairmont e-Gift Cards - Nov 23, 2018 - 2 to 5 PM EST

It's back! The bonus rate is 20% for this round on all Fairmont e-gift cards purchased online during Nov 23 from 2-5pm EST.

The Facebook post (copied below) doesn't give the details, but if it's like past sales, that means you get the bonus on the total value of a single shopping cart purchase per credit card used. You can purchase as many cards as you like, up to a max value of $5,000 (USD or CAD) in one purchase transaction. If you're like me and like to load up on these, and need to make multiple purchases, be sure to use a different credit card for the second purchase to get the bonus.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ffb939b512.jpg

jiunsoh Nov 19, 2018 9:29 pm

how this gift card works? if i book thru accorhotels site, can i pay with this?

i am thinking if i can buy this e-gift card with 20%, and then i book fairmont while accor doing sale.. ?

CanadaDH Nov 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by jiunsoh (Post 30447501)
how this gift card works? if i book thru accorhotels site, can i pay with this?

i am thinking if i can buy this e-gift card with 20%, and then i book fairmont while accor doing sale.. ?

It doesn't matter how you book. You simply use the gift card as a method of payment to settle your bill at the hotel. So, yes, you can combine it with a sale. Unless, of course, you're making a reservation that requires pre-payment at time of booking, in which case, you would need to get the hotel to refund your original deposit at check-out, so you can use the gift card. The Fairmont website isn't going to accept the gift card as a method of deposit payment, and I presume neither would the Accor site. I rarely book prepaid rates, but occasionally it's unavoidable. Even on the fully flexible Daily Rate, the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, for example, requires full pre-payment of all bookings two weeks before arrival during high season. When I last stayed there, the hotel had no problem refunding the prepayment to my credit card so I could instead pay with a gift card.

1flyer Nov 21, 2018 12:37 am

So, in theory, the rebate is 16.7 per cent, as you save $20 on $120 in vouchers. However, the voucher only applies to flex rates. But non-flex rates are usually 15% below flex rates.

Thus, on closer inspection, I find this a niche deals for those who are certain they have flex-rate Fairmont bookings coming up.

EDIT: Does cashback still go through if payment is done via Fairmont e-gift cards?

CanadaDH Nov 21, 2018 5:02 am

Originally Posted by 1flyer (Post 30451819)
So, in theory, the rebate is 16.7 per cent, as you save $20 on $120 in vouchers. However, the voucher only applies to flex rates. But non-flex rates are usually 15% below flex rates.

Thus, on closer inspection, I find this a niche deals for those who are certain they have flex-rate Fairmont bookings coming up.

EDIT: Does cashback still go through if payment is done via Fairmont e-gift cards?

I disagree. I book discounted rates with Fairmont all the time that don't require prepaying the booking. If you're booking through the Accor site, it might appear that way, since that's a pretty poor way to book a Fairmont hotel. There seems to be more promotional rates when booking through the actual fairmont.com site. Whether it's an auto club rate, local resident rate, airline membership rate, etc. etc., there are lots of many non-prepaid rates which are as good as or often better than the fully prepaid rate. Besides, if your rate requires a pre-payment, or even a partial deposit, you get the front desk to refund your prepayment to your credit card at check-out, and then pay the bill using the gift card.

nock Nov 21, 2018 5:45 pm

I often book prepaid rates and they just refund the cost upon checkout. It's not a problem as long as you can float the cash until your stay.

CanadaDH Nov 23, 2018 6:50 am

Fairmont has posted the full terms and conditions of the bonus offer on the page below.

e-GIFT CARD PROMOTION RULES & REGULATIONS: Fairmont Moments

Admiral Ackbar Nov 23, 2018 10:01 am

Yes, i will be using one of these with 40% black friday rate I booked for February. You pay with your credit card at time of booking, when I check-in and I give them the gift card and ask them to refund my credit card, never had any issues.