Comparison of Accor Brands

Old Oct 26, 18, 1:33 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Comparison of Accor Brands

Is there is full listing of Accor brands and how they compare with each other somewhere on FT? I only found a 2012 thread with a brief discussion about Accor having too many brands which are not distinctive enough.

There is a nice post by @starflyergold in the sticky which lists brands in order of luxury, so that is useful to know where a brand stands. I am not sure where such rankings come from (personal opinion or from Accor?) but I realize it's not a precise science nor do I need something very precise anyway. Are there any other differentiating factors in addition to the level of luxury?

For example, Pullman and McGallery are above Grand Mercure but below Sofitel. How do Pullman and McGallery differ?

How about Novotel vs Mercure?

Is So Sofitel seen as the same brand as Sofitel?
Old Oct 26, 18, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
Is there is full listing of Accor brands and how they compare with each other somewhere on FT?
None that I am aware of. I have one in mind seen on an Accor site but this was several years ago and so it is obviously outdated with all the new brands that join recently.

Are there any other differentiating factors in addition to the level of luxury?
Yes. Some brands are standardized (e.g. Novotel), some are not.

For example, Pullman and McGallery are above Grand Mercure but below Sofitel. How do Pullman and McGallery differ?
MGallery are usually small to medium size boutique hotels, often "historical" places with charm. Pullman is more standardized, modern and business-oriented.

How about Novotel vs Mercure?
Novotel is standardized (except in Asia where they are much better). Mercure is semi standardized. Novotel is very family-oriented, especially in France (kids stay for free or almost)
It is usually considered that Novotel is above Mercure but it is often wrong. If a Mercure has been renovated recently, I consider them above Novotel. The Novotel concept has aged considerably IMO.

Is So Sofitel seen as the same brand as Sofitel?
Sofitel So is a sub-brand of Sofitel, for "trendy" hotels. A kind of equivalent of W hotels.

I hope this helps. I am clearly in the opinion that Accor has too many brands now.
Old Oct 26, 18, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
... I am clearly in the opinion that Accor has too many brands now.
Haha! Yes, I agree, but this seems to be the trend, isn't it! One could think of Hilton, IHG in this regard, for instance.
gilbertaue and cocoleolol like this.
Old Oct 26, 18, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
@Goldorak, thanks a lot, this is very helpful!

Marriott+Starwood now also have a huge number of brands (29).
Old Oct 26, 18, 7:14 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: LeClub AccorHotels / Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
I hope this helps. I am clearly in the opinion that Accor has too many brands now.
I think so, too. And now we will be getting four new brands in Australia/NZ once Mantra is brought into the program. I believe I read that these will not be rebranded?
Old Oct 27, 18, 1:14 am

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Accor has a PDF geared at investors and potential franchisees which explains the positioning of each brand in detail.

Obviously, this doesn't tell you everything about the brands. For one, Accor has been on a buying spree and acquired a bunch of different brands. Therefore, they may be tuning/changing the image of existing brands a bit. For another, some brands are meant to be softer (=not meant to be particularly uniform).
Old Oct 27, 18, 3:04 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 10+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
This gives an overview of the plethora of Accor hotel brands: http://www.accorhotels-group.com/en/...portfolio.html (some are not part of Le Club)
Maelstrom, hotel_user and escape4 like this.
Old Oct 27, 18, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
This gives an overview of the plethora of Accor hotel brands: http://www.accorhotels-group.com/en/...portfolio.html (some are not part of Le Club)
Great info there. That said, your luxury level ranking in the wiki of the sticky, and @Goldorak 's summary of how some brands differ also give an objective comparison of brands without marketing-speak which can blur the issues.
Old Oct 27, 18, 2:40 pm

Programs: anti-MaRiot SPG/IHG-P HH-D LeClub/CC-G, BA/A3-G DL/AY-P, Octopus
+Starwood now also have a huge number of brands (29).
Of which 11 relevant