Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

hotel trying to turn full service lounge to "SELF SERVICE LOUNGE"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA

mercure bugis singapore is planning to change their way of operating the lounge maybe starting next month, they called it SELF SERVICE LOUNGE.

highlights: NO staff to provide service in lounge except evening 6-8pm, hence:
# no more priorirty check-in at premier lounge
# no breakfast to be served in lounge, but platinum or club access guest can take their food from the main restaurant and bring into the lounge
# there will be coffee/tea/drinks throughout the day, but you have to self service.
# evening cocktail will still be served at lounge, but from recent stays i personally felt the quality dropped, lesser food and drinks.

This hotel has a new GM since June2018, and former GM left in March2018 to join Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

this is the first time i see a hotel downsizing the lounge and benefits this way.
what do you think?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Very bad move
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
To be honest my expectation for a Mercure would not be very high. If it was a Pullman or Sofitel I would be very disappointed. Not so much as I wouldn't expect a Mercure to have much of a lounge and it is still quite rare in Asia and no hotel outside of Asia has one. Novotel is usually the lowest level brand in Asia usually with a lounge (although the quality is still lower than a Pullman or Sofitel) and that is because it is more business orientated. It would be good however if they could have a hotline phone in the lounge which directly connects to a person at the front desk so a guest can call if they have any issues and still relax in the lounge while the staff downstairs sort it out. I am okay with checking in downstairs.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Stayed there a couple of times. If there is no staff manning the lounge, I wont be too disappointed apart from the check in process. The lounge offering is nothing to shout about.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:33 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
The location which the lounge staff had to work out of was so cramped and imo a complete afterthought in the design of the lounge. So freeing up that space would not be a bad thing.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
The location which the lounge staff had to work out of was so cramped and imo a complete afterthought in the design of the lounge. So freeing up that space would not be a bad thing.
Not to mentioned there is a small fridge they store sparkling water behind there.
gilbertaue likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.