Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

GOLD member Accorhotels special rate -what happens if status expires?

Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)

Sorry if the question has been answered before but I didn't find it.
Recently I booked for travel reasons 2 hotels next year under the only available rate -at the moment- which is the special rate dedicated to Accorhotels members with Gold status. At least the rate is marketed like that!
My question is: in the sales conditions it states that rate is valid only if the status is valid (I guess when you are going into the hotel).
Now it seems I will not retain my status but I will be downgraded to Silver status. What do you expect will happen to my booking?

1) they will cancel it automaticaly
2) they will honour it but they will hit me with a full price when I go paying (and I want absolutely avoid such bad surprise)
3) they will contact me to propose an alternative solution
4) they will not notice that I'm not anymore Gold and will honour it without questioning

I remember in the past these kind of rates where sometimes higher than the normal rates and/or equally available to Silver members. In my case I know that there are fairs around and they could question or trying to sell rooms at higher price.
Any hint?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Can you screenshot or copy the sales condition to here?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
Can you screenshot or copy the sales condition to here?
Here we are: I paste slaes conditions hereunder:

LE CLUB ACCORHOTELS GOLD - FLEXIBLE RATES
Special terms
This rate and the associated terms and conditions only apply if the card is currently valid
Guarantee Policy
All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card valid at the date of the start of your stay, unless otherwise specified.
Cancellation Policy
No cancellation charge applies prior to 18:00 (local time) on the day of arrival. Beyond that time, the first night will be charged. Earnings from a substitute accommodation contract, as well as saved expenses will be deducted.
Check in Policy
Check-in time 15:00
Check out Policy
The room must be vacated by 12:00 at the latest.
Children policy
Accommodation and breakfast are free for 2 children under 16 years sharing parents' room.
Room Availability
Room availability before noon (hotel local time), 3 days at the latest before the date of arrival.
Specific Taxes
All displayed rates include VAT and service. Additional local taxes and fees will be surcharged and displayed on the invoice of the hotel
Members rate conditions
Be or become a member of Le Club Accorhotels. Members must present their card upon check in at the hotel or their member number if they have not yet received their card Maximum 2 rooms at the Members Rate can be book per member per staying date
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:07 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I read "must be currently valid" as NOW. Upon booking.

It does not say valid upon check-in.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I know of course the special rates for members, but this is the first time I see a rate associated to a status in LCAH !
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:12 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I know of course the special rates for members, but this is the first time I see a rate associated to a status in LCAH !
I believe this is likely the guaranteed room benefit, in the event of a full house or a room type being booked out.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I believe this is likely the guaranteed room benefit, in the event of a full house or a room type being booked out.
Ah, OK. Makes sense.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I read "must be currently valid" as NOW. Upon booking.

It does not say valid upon check-in.
Thanks for your answer. It is reassuring and as I initially guessed. I also asked to the customer support via email but till now no reply.
Anyway it is true that my booking has been made now for a city where there will be an event so I can understand the reason of the restriction. It is logic that it applies at the moment of the booking and not when I will be there but you never know with hotels...
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:41 am
Original Poster

FYI I didn't get any feedback from the Support Center of Accor hotels. I suppose my request surprised them. ANyway they could have clarified like some of the readers did above that the booking must be made with a Gold card valid when the reservation is made.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:54 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
It is the LCAH guaranteed room benefit rate indeed, it is pretty much always equal to the highest flexible rate sans any discount (normally you receive 5-10% discount on most rates vs non-members), so the hotel is not losing much by honoring your reservation. If anything, it is worth checking back with the booking system later on to see if a lower prepaid rate is available and book using it, cancelling the "Gold rate" booking afterwards.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Well, in fact there's an important event nearby and the LCAH Gold prices are 1/4 of the flexible rates!
JTCz likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:55 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi Squerez,

Thanks for reaching us out and i'm sorry that you are still looking for the answer from our Customer Care team.
Please, note that it is the membership status that your possess while booking that makes sense.
For exemple, if you are Gold in the day of your booking, the sales conditions will apply according to the Gold status.

Hope it seems a bit more clear,
Amy

Originally Posted by Squerez
Well, in fact there's an important event nearby and the LCAH Gold prices are 1/4 of the flexible rates!
Squerez likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.