Jakarta Advice Please

Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Jakarta Advice Please

I have a 24 hour stopover in CGK on a Saturday in Dec. I've heard that traffic is a pig in Jakarta - so I'd like to balance choosing a decent 4*/5* hotel with nice pool area/restaurant, with avoiding the need to sit in a Taxi for 2 hours in either direction!.

I'll be arriving and departing around midday if that makes a difference traffic wise. There seems to be a good spread of options in the Accor stable - from the Bandara at the airport (looks pretty average but convenient) to Mercure Pantai Indah to the north, Novotel Tangerang to the south and then the full suite of possibilities around the city centre.

I'd welcome any collective wisdom on a good choice which balances hotel quality with ease of travel to/from CGK.

Many thanks,
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:37 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Pullman Central Park
starflyergold likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:34 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I agree with @gilbertaue Pullman Central Park is an excellent choice, great hotel, excellent service. I used it for stopovers myself.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Third for the Pullman, it's on the airport side of the city to minimize traffic
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Fourth for Central Park, next pick would be Mercure PIK Ave.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Pullman Central Park it is then - thank you all for your unanimous and swift advice
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Fairmont Jakarta. Very nice place, great variety of restaurants, nice pool area, connected by underground passageway to Plaza Senayan shopping center (with more places to eat!), one of the nicest in the city, and Senayan City shopping center is just across the street from there.

The hotel gave this platinum member fantastic treatment. I stayed for the first time there last month, they were all excited and very welcoming, giving me a fine batik cloth to wear around the neck. Reception happily told me he upgraded me to a suite in one of the top floors with great view. Fantastic suite with fantastic amenity. They brought more welcome gifts to the room in the form of big basket of fruits and a plate of sweets.

However much I liked Pullman Central Park, and they did treat me very well the last time I was there, it's just on a totally different level from the Fairmont. When price is a consideration, the Fairmont does command some 20-30% premium, but considering the basic room type at the Fairmont is 48 m2 and the basic room type of Pullman Central Park is at 32 m2, plus the different levels of comfort and amenities, I think the premium is well worth it. And if they do give you a suite at the Fairmont, there is just no comparison.

One consideration for Pullman Central Park is if you are platinum member and do need access to executive lounge, then it is surely a better choice.
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:50 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

The Pullman CP Exec Lounge serves Pisang Goreng Keju for breakfast - NOTHING else matters

(Supposedly this remains the very first item that was noted in my AH ACDC Profile)
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by pjh981
I have a 24 hour stopover in CGK on a Saturday in Dec. I've heard that traffic is a pig in Jakarta - so I'd like to balance choosing a decent 4*/5* hotel with nice pool area/restaurant, with avoiding the need to sit in a Taxi for 2 hours in either direction!.

I'll be arriving and departing around midday if that makes a difference traffic wise. There seems to be a good spread of options in the Accor stable - from the Bandara at the airport (looks pretty average but convenient) to Mercure Pantai Indah to the north, Novotel Tangerang to the south and then the full suite of possibilities around the city centre.

I'd welcome any collective wisdom on a good choice which balances hotel quality with ease of travel to/from CGK.

Many thanks,
what are you trying to do in CGK in that 24 hours? When will be that Saturday in Dec? For those suggesting Pullman CP, isn;t that ares quite jam?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
what are you trying to do in CGK in that 24 hours? When will be that Saturday in Dec? For those suggesting Pullman CP, isn;t that ares quite jam?
Once you have done the Uturn, you're quickly on the highway and you have two options. Either the normal highway or to go via Kebon Jeruk.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor diamond
I've got a week at the Pullman Central Park coming up next month coming up so really looking forward to it. Have been upgraded to an executive suite ( I think that's the room that is in the hotel review) so I have high expectations!
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Once you have done the Uturn, you're quickly on the highway and you have two options. Either the normal highway or to go via Kebon Jeruk.
but that u turn may be forever right?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:34 am

Depends on timing.
The other way is to just drive straight, and you are then on the ramp to the highway. Also not too bad.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 2:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Does this hotel ban children from the executive lounge (Pullman central park)? Planning 3 nights in Jakarta early next month. Just my son and myself staying.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I believe Saturday at CGK is actually less traffic unless you go to area with mall (Plaza Indonesia / Bundaran HI comes to my mind)

for convenience, mercure pik is good option as it very close to airport and plenty of food around. Pool wise its very average.

Pullman cp is another sound suggestion. No idea about their lounge and pool as I never try them. I stayed at pullman cp before though. Their mascot ... the "thing" is creeepyy 😅

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.