A word from Accor Plus

Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by theaugbunnies
I don't think it is mentioned anywhere that we need to order a main course! What happened in the end? Did they still give you the 25%? Anyway it is good that you did not wreak your palate with their main courses. I found the food to be over seasoned and had to keep reaching for my drink.
i complain to lounge staff, then they manage to get me a "15%" discount...
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by tris06
Another non Accor plus member feels for you. Thankfully they don't actively promote this when we stay at Asia Pacific hotels much otherwise it would be pretty annoying. I can see benefits but yeah my life is already too complicated and Accor is very complicated company.
+1.
And more moral support.
It’s so disappointing to hear of all these A+ woes. From an outside viewpoint the consistency of adversity is staggering really. Thanks to all you members being so generous with sharing your experiences, I have steered clear despite considering several times. As I seem to be averaging 50+ nights in Asia last few years it would make sense at face value. But I just don’t want the seemingly constant complication and antagonism. You guys have incredible patience; would drive me nuts��. Good luck with ‘the fix’ ��
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:40 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

I saw many of you complain about Accor Plus issues and create this dedicated thread.
That's true that we have been having some difficulties with Accor Plus.
Yesterday, i contacted our IT team looking for a resolution.
It will be more simple for me if everyone of you who have some problems with Accor Plus contact me in private message describing your case. Don't forget to indicate your member's number.

Hope we will find a resolution for every issue.

Best regards, Amy

+1.
And more moral support.
Its so disappointing to hear of all these A+ woes. From an outside viewpoint the consistency of adversity is staggering really. Thanks to all you members being so generous with sharing your experiences, I have steered clear despite considering several times. As I seem to be averaging 50+ nights in Asia last few years it would make sense at face value. But I just dont want the seemingly constant complication and antagonism. You guys have incredible patience; would drive me nuts��. Good luck with the fix ��
[/QUOTE]
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear members,

I saw many of you complain about Accor Plus issues and create this dedicated thread.
That's true that we have been having some difficulties with Accor Plus.
Yesterday, i contacted our IT team looking for a resolution.
It will be more simple for me if everyone of you who have some problems with Accor Plus contact me in private message describing your case. Don't forget to indicate your member's number.

Hope we will find a resolution for every issue.

Best regards, Amy

+1.
And more moral support.
It’s so disappointing to hear of all these A+ woes. From an outside viewpoint the consistency of adversity is staggering really. Thanks to all you members being so generous with sharing your experiences, I have steered clear despite considering several times. As I seem to be averaging 50+ nights in Asia last few years it would make sense at face value. But I just don’t want the seemingly constant complication and antagonism. You guys have incredible patience; would drive me nuts��. Good luck with ‘the fix’ ��
Amy, I have made my complain many times ..... Especially how the transition time has been handled. I got a deaf ear. I have written to the CEO, but I think there will not be any fundamental change.

It is in the DNA of Accor. I am really feel very tired of complaining already
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
i complain to lounge staff, then they manage to get me a "15%" discount...
That is still not good enough in my opinion. They should still give you the full 25%.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:46 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by lingua101
Have you check on the Accor Plus website if they are in exception?

Send email to Customer Service. ask them to confirm why they are not following the normal program and/or ask them where you can find such info.

In general, if they offer special price (set lunch or something), they are not obligate to give you "standard" discount, which I found rubbish.

Another point that I raise, this program is becoming more like Dining program. At least that I felt, as they keep increasing the price in Singapore as there is more dining option here. I told him, the reason I bought AccorPlus 13 years ago because this card is not a dining card like other hotels.
This is the list of Exception hotels:
https://www.accorplus.com/en/other/dining-exceptions

The only hotel in Mainland China in the exception list is the Fairmont Peace Hotel. I'll send a(nother) email to Accor Plus CS about this. However, section 3.4 of the Accor Plus terms and conditions states that "Dining privileges may vary at selected restaurants from time to time".

Another things is the list of Exception Dates:
https://www.accorplus.com/en/other/D...ges-Exceptions
In the Greater China list, the Golden Week national holiday (official public holiday Oct 1-3) was not listed, but the hotel did not offer any discounts during these days. I expected this would be the case, and I enquired about it a few days before arrival, and so we just ate elsewhere during the days no discount was available.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
This is the list of Exception hotels:
https://www.accorplus.com/en/other/dining-exceptions

The only hotel in Mainland China in the exception list is the Fairmont Peace Hotel. I'll send a(nother) email to Accor Plus CS about this. However, section 3.4 of the Accor Plus terms and conditions states that "Dining privileges may vary at selected restaurants from time to time".

Another things is the list of Exception Dates:
https://www.accorplus.com/en/other/D...ges-Exceptions
In the Greater China list, the Golden Week national holiday (official public holiday Oct 1-3) was not listed, but the hotel did not offer any discounts during these days. I expected this would be the case, and I enquired about it a few days before arrival, and so we just ate elsewhere during the days no discount was available.
My previous post did not mean that I did not trust you. Coz I am sure it is NOT in the list like So Sofitel Bangkok case

My sales told me that So Sofitel Bangkok should give 25% discount. The GM himself said they only give 20%

So? What to do? I do not want to keep ranting every time I stay in So Sofitel leh....
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:14 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
My previous post did not mean that I did not trust you. Coz I am sure it is NOT in the list like So Sofitel Bangkok case
Oh no no no, I wasn't implying that at all, sorry for the misunderstanding!
I actually wasn't aware this Exceptions List was even on the Accor Plus website, so thanks for bringing it to my attention. I sent an email to Accor Plus customer service, but I think we all know that nothing will come of it. As it has been discussed, there's no accountability for the hotels that don't follow the program rules, so I doubt anything will come of it.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So what action do we need to take? Will Accor Plus be reviewing all members rates paid and comparing with the non-member historical rates to refund the price difference?

Or will Accor keep quiet and only act upon those complaints received with screenshots?

If i didnt know I was being overcharged for the last 5 years, how am I supposed to provide the evidence?

I think Accor Plus will have to come up with a generic solution, perhaps by awarding points based on a percentage of the overall revenue from each member (based on old / new points systems).

If anyone knows what I need to do, let me know! Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:57 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
So what action do we need to take? Will Accor Plus be reviewing all members rates paid and comparing with the non-member historical rates to refund the price difference?

Or will Accor keep quiet and only act upon those complaints received with screenshots?

If i didnt know I was being overcharged for the last 5 years, how am I supposed to provide the evidence?

I think Accor Plus will have to come up with a generic solution, perhaps by awarding points based on a percentage of the overall revenue from each member (based on old / new points systems).

I don't think even A+ knows what to do for now.
I'd give it a couple of weeks and see what comes.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
well, if they have been doing so over the years then maybe a class action against the company will make them wake up. Any lawyers willing to make a case pro bono?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:28 am

stay somewhere else
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:26 am

lots of this stems from a deliberate choice not to maintain a reliable, frequently updated, centralised list property by property .. restaurant by restaurant list. If there was such a list it could record all the nonsense exceptions so we could not frequent those places..or A+ staff could police the increasingly flexible interpretations of rules. Given the cost of the membership now which is way too high the value for money is rapidly tipping in the wrong direction. We previously had a great .pdf listing participation.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
stay somewhere else
That's exactly what I've decided to do. 17 stays booked in 2019 with Marriott, the majority of which are on Best Rate Guarantees. Only 2 more stays with Accor.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
That's exactly what I've decided to do. 17 stays booked in 2019 with Marriott, the majority of which are on Best Rate Guarantees. Only 2 more stays with Accor.
Same here. So far with Accor this year 2018 I only have around 30 plus nights. I have another 4 nights this weekend.
In 2017 I had 90 nights and in 2016 I had 150 nights with Accor.

My Accor Plus will expire at the end of this month October. Not sure whether to renew after 10 years. I started with Advantage Plus back in 2007 but stop for 1 year.

I also moved most of my nights to Marriott/SPG as I already hit Platinum Premier by June 2018.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.