A word from Accor Plus

Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
Same here. So far with Accor this year 2018 I only have around 30 plus nights. I have another 4 nights this weekend.
In 2017 I had 90 nights and in 2016 I had 150 nights with Accor.

My Accor Plus will expire at the end of this month October. Not sure whether to renew after 10 years. I started with Advantage Plus back in 2007 but stop for 1 year.

I also moved most of my nights to Marriott/SPG as I already hit Platinum Premier by June 2018.
same here.... my A+ will expire in 2 weeks and the sales not calling me.

probably this will be the end after 13 years
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:58 pm

I just throw another rant to the Ceo of Aplus and the Singapore program manager.

the issue is very simple.

I messaged the Le Club via fb to ask them why my check in at the le place is still pending after one month.

today, I received an email from accor care and ask me to check with Aplus care.

what a rubbish. why as paying member I have gone through this hassle.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:46 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
I've been having issues with the Places app, too.

I can never validate during a stay, so I always do the "after checkout" verification. Only a few of these stays get Validated, and the rest stay Pending for a looong time and then get refused. I reached out to Accor Plus with the stays that are getting refused, who then have referred the matter to Paris. I checked my Places app the other day, and they have manually added my stays but with the CHECK OUT date listed in my history, instead of the check in date. These stays have all been promptly Validated.

I have another five or six stays Pending, so I assume these, too, will get Refused. If they do, I'll try doing the validation but entering my checkout date instead of my check in date.

But it doesn't answer the question why a few of my stays correctly Validated when I entered the check-in date on the app. Its so weird.

However, in regards to your post, it is ridiculous that since we are A+ members that normal Le Club care want nothing to do with us. There's so many hoops to jump through.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I've been having issues with the Places app, too.

I can never validate during a stay, so I always do the "after checkout" verification. Only a few of these stays get Validated, and the rest stay Pending for a looong time and then get refused. I reached out to Accor Plus with the stays that are getting refused, who then have referred the matter to Paris. I checked my Places app the other day, and they have manually added my stays but with the CHECK OUT date listed in my history, instead of the check in date. These stays have all been promptly Validated.

I have another five or six stays Pending, so I assume these, too, will get Refused. If they do, I'll try doing the validation but entering my checkout date instead of my check in date.

But it doesn't answer the question why a few of my stays correctly Validated when I entered the check-in date on the app. Its so weird.

However, in regards to your post, it is ridiculous that since we are A+ members that normal Le Club care want nothing to do with us. There's so many hoops to jump through.
that’s precisely why I was so furious.

As paying member, we should be treated better. Even the Accor Care cannot handle our case, as they may not be able to acccess our account ( I give them benefit of doubt), they should redirect the query for us.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101

that’s precisely why I was so furious.

As paying member, we should be treated better. Even the Accor Care cannot handle our case, as they may not be able to acccess our account ( I give them benefit of doubt), they should redirect the query for us.
I really think my relationship with Accor and AccorPlus is like love and hate relationship. I just got a call from Singapore Program Manager. I doubt there are anything can be done in the very near future. But, at least they still bother to give me a call..... sigh
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
for any queries, it will be better to directly contact the A+ customer care. I think there is only one guy there as he is always the one replying. Le Club customer care wont help us at all. On the app, it is better to check in using the check out date and only do it when your stay is finished. The app is quite poorly made and not part of Accor's core business and not generating any revenue so i dont think it will be prioritized for upgrades to make it better. @lingua101, if you book the red hot rooms a lot and can make good use of the free nights, it will be worthwhile to renew. Otherwise, it is just an overpriced hotel discount card.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by theaugbunnies
for any queries, it will be better to directly contact the A+ customer care. I think there is only one guy there as he is always the one replying. Le Club customer care wont help us at all. On the app, it is better to check in using the check out date and only do it when your stay is finished. The app is quite poorly made and not part of Accor's core business and not generating any revenue so i dont think it will be prioritized for upgrades to make it better. @lingua101, if you book the red hot rooms a lot and can make good use of the free nights, it will be worthwhile to renew. Otherwise, it is just an overpriced hotel discount card.

Well in the past 3 years, I have been staying less in Accor. I have other program as my more preferred program as they will most of the time upgrade me to suite.

I told A+, some of the issue when booking with StayPlus certificate. The program manager assured me that in the past few months, they have done some steps telling the hotel what they can and cannot do.

This is why I said it is kind of love and hate. I know they still care but there are some "operational" issue that they are facing and they cannot change. Otherwise, I just leave this program may be 2-3 years ago.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:36 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Accor Plus

Dear members,

Hope you are doing well.
I saw your responses to my thread. Me and the central team, we sincerely understand your point.
The issue being a little bit complicated, we do all necessary to resolve it in the shortest terms.
I keep you informed as soon as i have more news from our IT team and for sure remain at your disposal.

Best regards,
Amy

Well in the past 3 years, I have been staying less in Accor. I have other program as my more preferred program as they will most of the time upgrade me to suite.

I told A+, some of the issue when booking with StayPlus certificate. The program manager assured me that in the past few months, they have done some steps telling the hotel what they can and cannot do.

This is why I said it is kind of love and hate. I know they still care but there are some "operational" issue that they are facing and they cannot change. Otherwise, I just leave this program may be 2-3 years ago.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear members,

Hope you are doing well.
I saw your responses to my thread. Me and the central team, we sincerely understand your point.
The issue being a little bit complicated, we do all necessary to resolve it in the shortest terms.
I keep you informed as soon as i have more news from our IT team and for sure remain at your disposal.

Best regards,
Amy
Amy, We (AccorPlus) member used to be able to see other rates (non member rate). Why Accor then made a changes to restrict that? Is this because the AccorPlus member rate is not the cheapest as Accor claim?
Can't the issue just remove the restriction of the rate to be seen?
jiunsoh likes this.

Last edited by lingua101; Oct 28, 2018 at 10:42 pm
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:54 pm

I finally switch to the main stream and got this email yesterday (31-Oct) at 10:38 am

Your AccorPlus Silver card has been replaced with a Le Club AccorHotels Silver loyalty card
My membership should expire on 31-Oct, shouldn't this email be sent out today instead of yesterday?

Well at least the transition seems happening quite smoothly....
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:33 am

Hi lingua101,

Thanks for this information. I keep our central team informed about this issue.
They have to check it and will give me more information.
I will keep you informed about that.

Best regards,
Amy

Amy, We (AccorPlus) member used to be able to see other rates (non member rate). Why Accor then made a changes to restrict that? Is this because the AccorPlus member rate is not the cheapest as Accor claim?
Can't the issue just remove the restriction of the rate to be seen?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Sorry don't mean to be rude and gg off topic. Whilst I appreciate AH rep here, I've only seen Amy passing on msges to Central teams. Haha.

Hehe. Amy, I'm curious, what's your real job description like? I think this surfing FT is like only part of your job description ya? 😂 tell us more 😀
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:52 am

Dear members,

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've faced.
Please be assured that it doesn't reflect the quality level that we aim to bring to our members, as we're aiming to give you the best experience possible.
We understand that we do have a situation, however it may seem simple and easy to fix and we too would like it to be, but unfortunately it is not.

Anyway, we have two good news :
1) The issue concerning the expiration date of the Accor Plus card and the expiration of the date which were different in the personal account of members is now solved : these two dates are now the same

2) The issue concerning the Member rate which is no more displayed when an Accor Plus member tries to book a hotel outside ASPAC will be solved mid-December.

Thanks again for sharing and don’t hesitate to keep going in this way with us if you have another issue on this particular topic to keep improving your experience with us.

Best regards,
Amy

Originally Posted by cowism
Sorry don't mean to be rude and gg off topic. Whilst I appreciate AH rep here, I've only seen Amy passing on msges to Central teams. Haha.

Hehe. Amy, I'm curious, what's your real job description like? I think this surfing FT is like only part of your job description ya? 😂 tell us more 😀
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:01 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear members,

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've faced.
Please be assured that it doesn't reflect the quality level that we aim to bring to our members, as we're aiming to give you the best experience possible.
We understand that we do have a situation, however it may seem simple and easy to fix and we too would like it to be, but unfortunately it is not.

Anyway, we have two good news :
1) The issue concerning the expiration date of the Accor Plus card and the expiration of the date which were different in the personal account of members is now solved : these two dates are now the same

2) The issue concerning the Member rate which is no more displayed when an Accor Plus member tries to book a hotel outside ASPAC will be solved mid-December.

Thanks again for sharing and don’t hesitate to keep going in this way with us if you have another issue on this particular topic to keep improving your experience with us.

Best regards,
Amy
Mid-December is here, and (surprisingly?) the Accor Plus issues still remain. I am trying to book a hotel over New Year Eve and I KNOW there are rooms available (because when I log out, they are there), but when I am logged in, they all disappear except the suites. This is related to the "Stay Plus" bug.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
maybe they were saying mid december 2019?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.