Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Room rate become significantly higher after login

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA

a random search, Ibis Casa-Voyageurs, November 5, 1 night

once login with member account, price increased! this price is even more expensive than agoda!

try to click sign in from here

then it shows me this rate is no longer available !!

Please remember always compare rate before booking.
Are they punishing us being loyalty member? this is very unethical.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:00 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Is this just effecting us Accor Plus members?
Anyone out there who has seen this who is NOT a Accor Plus member?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Is this just effecting us Accor Plus members?
Anyone out there who has seen this who is NOT a Accor Plus member?
seems like this is only affecting accorplus member,
i tried with my wife leclub account, le club member rate remain the same as public rate.
gilbertaue and tris06 like this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:42 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
This is just for Platinum level Accor Plus members, right? Is this restricted just to rates in the APAC region, or does it extend globally?

I wonder if Accor at the higher levels are even aware of this? Perhaps an email to Simon McGrath is in order?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:50 am
Original Poster

they hide cheaper room types from accorplus member

i tested with AccorPlus silver, gold and platinum account, all results returned with only 7 room types (3 cheaper Superior types were hidden)

while public and normal le-club member can see 10 room types.

Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:52 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

For awhile I had the issue that some properties were not available at all - but this seems to have been solved for now.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
This is just for Platinum level Accor Plus members, right? Is this restricted just to rates in the APAC region, or does it extend globally?

I wonder if Accor at the higher levels are even aware of this? Perhaps an email to Simon McGrath is in order?
Not only platinum, i managed to borrow A+ silver and gold account to test with, all affected.

so 2 major issues here
# accorplus member paying higher room rate outside of asiapac
# cheaper room types were hidden from accorplus member
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:01 am
Original Poster

i ran another test for hotels in London, price higher for AccorPlus member.

So we can conclude this is a major bug if A+ member booking outside asiapac.

Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:15 am
Original Poster

here is another topic few months back

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...side-apac.html
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
The problem is when you log in with Aplus account you lose your AccorHotels members rate which is 5%-10% off most rates.
More about the rate
www.accorhotels.com/gb/services/members-rate.shtml

I think this is one more bug resulted of bad site coding.
This also affects some rates when you log in with Business Plus account,
where after login the rate is more expensive then log in with regular accor account.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
My recent experience was booking Fairmont from Accor apps shows only higher rate.
While booking through fairmont own website, there are more rate options.
And some are cheaper than what the apps shows.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:15 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
i ran another test for hotels in London, price higher for AccorPlus member.

So we can conclude this is a major bug if A+ member booking outside asiapac.

That's a bit odd, because I cannot replicate your situation. I'm searching for that hotel on the same dates, and whether I'm not logged in at all, or logged in on my Accor Plus platinum, I see the same Members Rates available in both situations.

The only difference that I can see is that I have used my Stay Plus benefit ("You don't have a StayPlus benefit available. We can offer you the following member rates").
In contrast, both your screenshot, and the screenshots provided in the link that you provided to the other thread, both state that you cannot use your StayPlus benefit in this region (indicating that you haven't used your benefit yet this year), as a result, it does not offer you Member Rates.

I don't know if this is the cause or not, however. This is the only thing that I can think of that might be resulting in this issue, looking at our two screenshots, and given that I can see the Members Rates and you cannot.
Is anyone else who has or has not used their Stay Plus able to replicate either of these scenarios?

Last edited by Maelstrom; Oct 11, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:26 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

That said, I'm not sure if this addresses the situation of rooms being "hidden" or not.

I believe you did a search of the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park yesterday, encountering the "hidden rooms" situation? This is my screenshot below, while I'm logged into my Platinum Accor Plus account, which has used the Stay Plus benefit for this membership year. Apologies for the Chinese RMB currency, I forgot to change it before taking the screenshot.

Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:48 pm

That's a bit odd, because I cannot replicate your situation. I'm searching for that hotel on the same dates, and whether I'm not logged in at all, or logged in on my Accor Plus platinum, I see the same Members Rates available in both situations.

The only difference that I can see is that I have used my Stay Plus benefit ("You don't have a StayPlus benefit available. We can offer you the following member rates").
In contrast, both your screenshot, and the screenshots provided in the link that you provided to the other thread, both state that you cannot use your StayPlus benefit in this region (indicating that you haven't used your benefit yet this year), as a result, it does not offer you Member Rates.

So here is my comparison shot when logged in. I do still have one Stay Plus available.
In my discussions earlier this year this was a major issue for problems. Looks like it isn't sorted yet.
Maelstrom likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:57 pm

That said, I'm not sure if this addresses the situation of rooms being "hidden" or not.

I believe you did a search of the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park yesterday, encountering the "hidden rooms" situation? This is my screenshot below, while I'm logged into my Platinum Accor Plus account, which has used the Stay Plus benefit for this membership year. Apologies for the Chinese RMB currency, I forgot to change it before taking the screenshot.

My screenshot (I have left it at CNY).
Maelstrom likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.