Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Room rate become significantly higher after login

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Room rate become significantly higher after login

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:20 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Thanks for the posts, Gilbertaue!

The 'hidden rooms' one is interesting to me. Presumably, the Stay Plus benefit isn't available for the lower room types, so the search engine omits them from the initial room search? Either way, it's terrible, and it appears that this issue has been ongoing for quite some time and Accor doesn't seem to care at all about ripping Accor Plus members off.

This website really is terrible, and I sincerely hope that no-one has been ripped off by this terrible coding.

I guess the best course of action is to always check the available rates while not been logged into any account, or logged into a Classic account, and then compare it to when logged into the Platinum account. If there is a cheaper rate, or 'hidden room', available for the Classic/non-account, contact the hotel directly and make a manual booking with the Members Rate? Athough this means that you lose the cashback through Quidco or the other cashback websites that some members use.

Last edited by Maelstrom; Oct 11, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
That said, I'm not sure if this addresses the situation of rooms being "hidden" or not.

I believe you did a search of the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park yesterday, encountering the "hidden rooms" situation? This is my screenshot below, while I'm logged into my Platinum Accor Plus account, which has used the Stay Plus benefit for this membership year. Apologies for the Chinese RMB currency, I forgot to change it before taking the screenshot.

I borrowed my friend's account which stay plus utilized, this account really show all room types and getting those member rate !!!

​​​​​so we have identified the real issue here, thse issues only affecting a+ member with stay plus available.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Temporary solution

1) log out first
2) during search, expand the additional option, add in your member number then begin search.
3) select room type and rate, then proceed booking without signing in, key in your personal detail manually.

​​​​​​
(you must not sign in because it will show you the option selected is no longer available.)
Maelstrom likes this.

Last edited by jiunsoh; Oct 11, 2018 at 11:24 pm
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:20 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Thanks for the posts, Gilbertaue!

The 'hidden rooms' one is interesting to me. Presumably, the Stay Plus benefit isn't available for the lower room types, so the search engine omits them from the initial room search? Either way, it's terrible, and it appears that this issue has been ongoing for quite some time and Accor doesn't seem to care at all about ripping Accor Plus members off.

This website really is terrible, and I sincerely hope that no-one has been ripped off by this terrible coding.

I guess the best course of action is to always check the available rates while not been logged into any account, or logged into a Classic account, and then compare it to when logged into the Platinum account. If there is a cheaper rate, or 'hidden room', available for the Classic/non-account, contact the hotel directly and make a manual booking with the Members Rate? Athough this means that you lose the cashback through Quidco or the other cashback websites that some members use.
hmm.. Not sure there. I have been happily booking away the last couple of months. I wonder what AccorHotels owes me.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Suddenly alot of things make sense now, there were times when I trying to book Singapore hotels, those Sofitel always no room available or showing ridiculous high price.

Account without stay plus

Account with stay plus available

Account without stay plus

Account with stay plus available
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:48 am

I had this problem last year and thought it was just my account,that i cannot enjoy members rate for my stay last dec.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.