Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The CheatSheet - Your best tricks to get your benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Hi there

What are your best tricks to get your benefits? Examples:

- mail your member number a couple of days in advance before you arrive and tell them your status again
- best phrases to get the benefits, even if they say they can't give it to you (e.g. no room available -> but I checked the reservations before I entered the hotel)
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:37 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Pointless thread, about the only sure fire way of getting any benefits is to not book a French hotel , or book at Ibis Budget and complain about loyalty
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: ALL
Here are a few tricks you can use at the time of check-in (based on a few years working at a front desk):

- Be polite : Front desk people love to hear the following keywords : good morning/afternoon/evening, please & thank you.
- Everyone's time is important but maybe check-in is not the best time for that phone call. I you walk in while running a call and just throw your credit card and Le club card on the desk it may limit your chances of an upgrade.
- Use smart questions rather than asking : "Would you have a room on a high floor with a nice view ?" usually works better than "do you have my upgrade?"
derfliegel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.