Help with Le Club customer care

Old Sep 17, 18, 1:41 pm
  #1  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Posts: 6,725
Help with Le Club customer care

Instead of merging my existing Le Club account with my FPC account, I received a new and different membership number and card. I now try to have the two accounts merged for 2 month without success. The messages I submit via the Accor Le Club website get ignored and nothing happens. And when I try to call the Le Club number on my Platinum Card, I am on hold for 10 minutes before an automated voice tells me they cannot respond to my request in a timely manner and hang up.

Any idea how I can get hold of anyone who can or is willing to merge my two accounts. The biggest problem is that I have a Gold and Platinum account and all my bookings default to the Gold #. When I try to set up the Platinum account as a new account I get a message that the account already exists and when I reset the password I get back to the Gold account because both have the same email address… This is so frustrating…
totti is offline  
Old Sep 17, 18, 2:22 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Posts: 1,637
Originally Posted by totti View Post
Instead of merging my existing Le Club account with my FPC account, I received a new and different membership number and card. I now try to have the two accounts merged for 2 month without success. The messages I submit via the Accor Le Club website get ignored and nothing happens. And when I try to call the Le Club number on my Platinum Card, I am on hold for 10 minutes before an automated voice tells me they cannot respond to my request in a timely manner and hang up.

Any idea how I can get hold of anyone who can or is willing to merge my two accounts. The biggest problem is that I have a Gold and Platinum account and all my bookings default to the Gold #. When I try to set up the Platinum account as a new account I get a message that the account already exists and when I reset the password I get back to the Gold account because both have the same email address… This is so frustrating…
Welcome to Accor, where competent IT or any Customer Service at all is very hard to find. Do you "Feel Welcome" yet? Just another symptom of what most of us former Fairmont guests were dreading about this purchase by the 'Walmart' of the hotel world.

My only suggestion might be to try calling the number for the Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada call centre, which is still staffed by Fairmont people. They (or at least were) both competent and empowered to provide exceptional service. I'm not saying they have the ability to assist with this particular task, but it's worth a call. I think the number is +1-506-863-6310. Good luck!
Eagle_traveler likes this.
CanadaDH is offline  
Old Sep 17, 18, 3:48 pm
  #3  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Posts: 6,725
Thank you, CanadaDH! I'll give that a try. And yes, I totally agree: LeClub is a pain! So far, Fairmont still maintained the high level of personal and attentive service I was used to from FPC but the question is whether or not it lasts.

LeClub is not good for much and the ridicules points you earn are a joke. I doubt a lot of people who are willing to pay $$$ for a room per night care about accor points. Guaranteed early check-in and late checkout were the perks that really mattered to me and those are gone
Eagle_traveler likes this.
totti is offline  
Old Sep 17, 18, 4:45 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Posts: 1,637
Originally Posted by totti View Post
Thank you, CanadaDH! I'll give that a try. And yes, I totally agree: LeClub is a pain! So far, Fairmont still maintained the high level of personal and attentive service I was used to from FPC but the question is whether or not it lasts.

LeClub is not good for much and the ridicules points you earn are a joke. I doubt a lot of people who are willing to pay $$$ for a room per night care about accor points. Guaranteed early check-in and late checkout were the perks that really mattered to me and those are gone
If that number doesn't work, I also have 1-506-387-1767. I think both numbers may go there, but in case the first doesn't, maybe try this one.

And, agreed. The LeClub benefits do suck. I used the FPC guaranteed early/late check-in/out many times. Now I get a free drink, and since I don't drink, I couldn't care less about it.
Eagle_traveler likes this.
CanadaDH is offline  
Old Sep 20, 18, 7:13 am
  #5  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,431
I can second the above suggestions to call the Moncton Call Center, the only people in all of accor support that do apparently care about us. Hold times should be better now, but at least here it is worth waiting.

I had a similar issue where my new leclub account was locked and couldn’t be unlocked. Long story short: It took me and them two months to eventually set up a totally new account and manually copy and paste all my previous details to it.

I’m pretty sure I would still be without account today if it wasn’t for the helpful staff in the Moncton Call center.

I feel very welcome indeed.
Nick Art is offline  
Old Sep 20, 18, 8:55 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 220
Agree. Called Moncton yesterday. No wait and very helpful.
nock is offline  
Old Sep 20, 18, 10:06 am
  #7  
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: FRA / YEG
Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 11,473
I agree that most of the agents based in Moncton are excellent.

However, wait times tend to very quite a bit IME. I had to call Fairmont three times this morning and the waittime was >10min each time.
Jasper2009 is offline  
Old Sep 20, 18, 10:45 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Posts: 1,637
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
I agree that most of the agents based in Moncton are excellent.

However, wait times tend to very quite a bit IME. I had to call Fairmont three times this morning and the waittime was >10min each time.
Maybe word is getting around that Moncton is the only competent group of CSRs in all of Accor, so more customers internationally are calling the local number directly!
CanadaDH is offline  
Old Oct 8, 18, 2:51 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 457
Originally Posted by totti View Post
Instead of merging my existing Le Club account with my FPC account, I received a new and different membership number and card. I now try to have the two accounts merged for 2 month without success. The messages I submit via the Accor Le Club website get ignored and nothing happens. And when I try to call the Le Club number on my Platinum Card, I am on hold for 10 minutes before an automated voice tells me they cannot respond to my request in a timely manner and hang up.

Any idea how I can get hold of anyone who can or is willing to merge my two accounts. The biggest problem is that I have a Gold and Platinum account and all my bookings default to the Gold #. When I try to set up the Platinum account as a new account I get a message that the account already exists and when I reset the password I get back to the Gold account because both have the same email address… This is so frustrating…


Have you had any success? I'm having the same issue, have called the Moncton number but still not resolved. I cannot get through on the Platinum number, rings, put on hold then disconnected.
znke252 is offline  
Old Oct 10, 18, 11:51 am
  #10  
Fyd
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SFO, MNL, SIN, HAM
Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Posts: 466
I'm having a similar issue. The merger of accounts was botched and they succeeded eventually to merge the accounts manually. But ever since they did, my account has been locked and Accor customer support is driving me mad.
The same hapless agent keeps sending cut & paste emails to reset my password, which hasn't worked the last ten times I tried. She refuses to escalate the case or take any meaningful actions. Calls to the call center refer me back to the same case & agent, resulting in more pointless emails. It's now been months that I can't access my account or points, make online bookings or do anything else.
Obviously, I have made all my new bookings with other hotels. I was a Platinum member with Accor already before the merger - but apparently they equally don't care about business of new or old frequent guests... shocking...
Thanks for the number above - I'll try to call them and attempt the same solution, setting up a new account and manually transfer all the information...
This is a bad year for IT people in the hospitality industry - hard to tell whether the Accor/FPC or Marriott/Starwood merger was handled worse. I've been in the IT business my whole life and I've seen people fired over projects that were far from this bad...
Does anybody have Media or executive contacts at Accor to help shine the light on this?
Fyd is offline  
Old Oct 10, 18, 5:32 pm
  #11  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,431
Originally Posted by Fyd View Post
I'm having a similar issue. The merger of accounts was botched and they succeeded eventually to merge the accounts manually. But ever since they did, my account has been locked and Accor customer support is driving me mad.
The same hapless agent keeps sending cut & paste emails to reset my password, which hasn't worked the last ten times I tried. She refuses to escalate the case or take any meaningful actions. Calls to the call center refer me back to the same case & agent, resulting in more pointless emails. It's now been months that I can't access my account or points, make online bookings or do anything else.
Obviously, I have made all my new bookings with other hotels. I was a Platinum member with Accor already before the merger - but apparently they equally don't care about business of new or old frequent guests... shocking...
Thanks for the number above - I'll try to call them and attempt the same solution, setting up a new account and manually transfer all the information...
This is a bad year for IT people in the hospitality industry - hard to tell whether the Accor/FPC or Marriott/Starwood merger was handled worse. I've been in the IT business my whole life and I've seen people fired over projects that were far from this bad...
Does anybody have Media or executive contacts at Accor to help shine the light on this?
Worry not! I’ve been through the same and eventually got my account fixed!
You can try to reset the account over the fairmont website. (You get a different email there which worked to unlock the account in 2 out if 3 cases so far. If it doesn’t work, like in my own case, do call the Moncton Call center (number is somewhere in this thread) and make sure you are speaking to a former FPC agent: They are the only ones who do actually care about us former FPC members. And after months of work by me and the agent (they had to deal with accor IT internally which seems to be a pain too) they finally got my account unlocked and fixed.
The rest of Le Club support is basically useless and does not care.
Nick Art is offline  
Old Oct 16, 18, 11:55 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 457
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post

Worry not! I’ve been through the same and eventually got my account fixed!
You can try to reset the account over the fairmont website. (You get a different email there which worked to unlock the account in 2 out if 3 cases so far. If it doesn’t work, like in my own case, do call the Moncton Call center (number is somewhere in this thread) and make sure you are speaking to a former FPC agent: They are the only ones who do actually care about us former FPC members. And after months of work by me and the agent (they had to deal with accor IT internally which seems to be a pain too) they finally got my account unlocked and fixed.
The rest of Le Club support is basically useless and does not care.
I also called the Moncton Centre and one fo the agents tried to reset my password but it didn't work. She transferred me to a supervisor who basically said that he couldn't do anything. I didn't ask if the agent was a former FPC agent. I will try calling Moncton again.
znke252 is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 2:22 am
  #13  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,431
Originally Posted by znke252 View Post
I also called the Moncton Centre and one fo the agents tried to reset my password but it didn't work. She transferred me to a supervisor who basically said that he couldn't do anything. I didn't ask if the agent was a former FPC agent. I will try calling Moncton again.
It maybe help to know that for me the agent had to create a new account and transferred all of the information manually. If you'd like to know more about it please pm me, as I'm not so eager of sharing personal details of me or the agent here.
Nick Art is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 7:21 am
  #14  
Company Representative, Accorhotels
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: France
Programs: Le Club AccorHotels
Posts: 678
Hi,

I saw that you are several persons who can't realize the merge of two accounts.
I would advise you to contact our custom care team.
Only them can help you on that issue.

I remain at your disposal if you have any questions,
Amy


Originally Posted by znke252 View Post
Have you had any success? I'm having the same issue, have called the Moncton number but still not resolved. I cannot get through on the Platinum number, rings, put on hold then disconnected.
AccorHotels Concierge is online now  
Old Oct 17, 18, 9:41 am
  #15  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,431
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge View Post
Hi,

I saw that you are several persons who can't realize the merge of two accounts.
I would advise you to contact our custom care team.
Only them can help you on that issue.

I remain at your disposal if you have any questions,
Amy
Hello Amy

Several of us have tried to contact LeClub Support by email and phone and failed. The emails were left unanswered and the calls were not returned. Only when I called our old Fairmont support desk number I finally got through to somebody who did help me deal with the merger issues, which was rather time consimuing for me and them. At least for me, they have been resolved now. However, others are still struggling.

Can you suggest a way on how we can contact LeClub Support or customer care so we will actually receive an anwer? Do you have an email or a specific phone number?

I’m sure a lot of us would appreciate your help.

Best regards

Nick
Nick Art is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread